Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Post a large number of kitten macros and .gifs so that no space on the forum is left bare!

Author Topic: Interactive Taijitu Guide (Beta)  (Read 28515 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Re: Interactive Taijitu Guide (Beta)
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 12:42:55 PM »
I think that GP and RP should be differentiated.  I have little interest In NS GP, but much interest in RP.  As someone relatively new to NS as a whole, I can tell you I understood the difference right away - before I even joined Taijitu.  I would not have considered joining a region that didn't differentiate the two.

Is that what you're suggesting Dyr?
It's certainly what I'm suggesting.  I made sure to have two different spoilers for regional politics and worldbuilding.

I thought Dyr was saying the same thing?

I can't say much until you fill out the content, but I'd rather you not phrase it as "I will mostly be in GP/RP" - give them different sections, but that phrasing emphasizes a divide that I'd rather not see

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »

I can't say much until you fill out the content, but I'd rather you not phrase it as "I will mostly be in GP/RP" - give them different sections, but that phrasing emphasizes a divide that I'd rather not see
I made sure to separate Role-Playing and Politics.  I think everything will become more clear once I put actual content in those spoilers.  ;)
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »

I made sure to separate Role-Playing and Politics.  I think everything will become more clear once I put actual content in those spoilers.  ;)

I hope so, b/c now I'm confused again.  There's basically four "ways to play," right?

NS alone - respond to issues, make a flag, etc.
NS Game Play - join a region and do the attacking/ddefending thing
Regional politics - join a region and legislate, run for office like Citizen-Liaison etc.
Role Playing - creative fiction based on a having a nation on the planet of Taijitu.

What am I missing? I don't know who I'm agreeing with, but I think the above is the best way to separate the guide because you can do any of those things independently of the others.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:05:34 PM by bigbaldben »

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »

I hope so, b/c now I'm confused again.  There's basically four "ways to play," right?

NS Game Play - join a region and do the attacking/defending thing
Regional politics - join a region and legislate, run for office like Citizen-Liaison etc.
Role Playing - creative fiction based on a having a nation on the planet of Taijitu.
Exactly.  ;D

What am I missing? I don't know who I'm agreeing with, but I think the above is the best way to separate the guide because you can do any of those things independently of the others.
You pretty much have it right above.  However, I want to focus more on Taijitu-specific things with this guide, including politics and worldbuilding.  I know nothing about NS gameplay, personally, but I'll make an adjustment to the first part of the guide for it.
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »

Exactly.  ;D
You are missing the social elements of our region (blogs/games/kitteh).

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »

Exactly.  ;D
You are missing the social elements of our region (blogs/games/kitteh).
Good point.  I'll add that to the "I just want to chat" section.  :)
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
I thought my comments were clear, though i suppose not >_> My particular critiques in my earlier post were directed to AwesomeSaucer's comment that "Regional politics is not gameplay" and his subsequent defense of that statement. Considering...well...regional politics is very much at the heart of gameplay.

-edit- ah, looks like one of posts I was addressing was deleted lol.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:19:17 PM by Dyr Nasad »

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »
I thought my comments were clear, though i suppose not >_> My particular critiques in my earlier post were directed to AwesomeSaucer's comment that "Regional politics is not gameplay" and his subsequent defense of that statement. Considering...well...regional politics is very much at the heart of gameplay.

Image management at its finest.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 02:20:16 PM »

Image management at its finest.
Yep.

In all seriousness, I honestly take back what I said earlier.  Nasad, I want to agree to disagree with you on our definitions of "NS Gameplay."  The last thing I want on a guide that is generally very well accepted by Taijitu is a mob fight.

For any future commenters, please be constructive and civilized.  Thank you.  :)
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 02:56:13 PM »
CONSTRUCTIVE
Work harder at this, your guide should already be full of links and of use to new folks.

Civilized
One can not always let the definitions of the world at large define their palaver, yet one can not expect to be understood by the world when using personal definitions.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
Re: Interactive Taijitu Guide (Alpha)
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »
I look forward to this being filled out :) the layout is fine, but the only reason I keep pushing the GP point is that I'm a bit worried about the content now. You're free to have your own definitions of all words, but if we're actually teaching new people we need the guide to fit the definitions that have been established over the years (and held by the in-game admin/moderation staff)

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
I look forward to this being filled out :) the layout is fine, but the only reason I keep pushing the GP point is that I'm a bit worried about the content now. You're free to have your own definitions of all words, but if we're actually teaching new people we need the guide to fit the definitions that have been established over the years (and held by the in-game admin/moderation staff)
Here's what we could do: I'll make a poll, and the most popular option I'll use in the guide.  :D
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 08:28:13 PM »
Here's what we could do: I'll make a poll, and the most popular option I'll use in the guide.  :D

Not really how this works, and I certainly hope that you know that. Misusing terminology that has a distinct meaning in-game does a terrible disservice to new players.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 07:37:17 PM »
Some minor adjustments have been made.  Brownie points to whoever spots them!
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.