Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Long live the Glorious Revolution!

Author Topic: Inaugural Address  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
Inaugural Address
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:25 AM »
 Wow.

Just.. wow.

So, here we are. June 6, 2011. Over four years after the "original" Taijitu was founded by a bunch of panicking people in a crazy ass MSN chat. Here we are. Just like it was then, so history repeats itself. We stand here now in a recreated region, founded in a panicked IRC chat by both citizens, government officials, and Foreign Nationals who gave their time and goodwill to help this region have new life.

For that, our undying thanks.

I would also like to thank Eluvatar, my less than enthusiastic opponent for his willingness to sacrifice yet more of his time for us, if called upon to do so. Make no mistake I am full aware that had he wanted the job, he most likely would have gotten it. I also thank our new Lieutenant Delegate, PoD Gunner, for his willingness to serve once again.  I have no mandate. I did not seek one, In this case seeing a job that needed to be done, and having a willingness to do it. We have our work cut out for us. It is nothing we have not done before. Nothing we can not do again.

And so we shall.

Tonight, again, in the face of adversity Taijitu banded together with the help of our friends, and overcame adversity. We are mindful of the mistakes of the past, and hopeful about the possibilities of the future. We know what needs to be done, and better yet, we know how to do it. Our noses will be against the grindstone soon enough as we embark upon the journey of recreation. Soon I will announce my choices for Ministers and Advisory positions.

Today, let us revel in new found stability, in our accomplishments both past and present. Let us remind ourselves of one, simple, thing....

Taijitu Bows To No One.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: Inaugural Address
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »
For Great Justice!

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:19:12 AM »
 :clap:

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:15:28 AM »
We bow to no-one! Except when that be necessary to acquire a better view underneath a ridiculously short skirt.

To death and glory! Or just glory  :drunks:
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:47 PM »
TAIJITU PROSPER!  :drunks:

I DIDNT VOTE FOR EITHER OF YOU
 :drunks:

BUT I LOVE YOU :drunks:

Offline Eluvatar