Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us make the whole region resound with the song of We Are The Happiest People in NationStates.

Author Topic: Appointments  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
Re: Appointments
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
"There can be no activity - no real activity - until Toaster2 is up and running."

I am in utter shock that this has been posted I can't be the only one that is extremely concerned about how much of this region is tied in with toaster. I know Taijitu has a long tie with these tools but the fact that our delegate can't be imaginative enough to imagine activity in NS without recruitment tools.  What scares me even more that his advisers discouraged against normal recruitment.

You can attract people three ways in NS. 1) By setting an example of how you want your region to be, and when interested parties see what they like they join (That's how I joined the lexicon) 2) By hand TG  3) By Tools

The fact that none of these 3 conditions are being met (unless you love legislating and spamming daily polls) is pretty messed up.
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:37:11 AM »
It is true that there are other things that could be done. They are not easy.

Myroria is not to be expected to do that alone, however. A Delegate isn't supposed to be the guy who does everything but the guy who manages things such that it gets done.

Myroria could perhaps be more aggressive in seeking the aid of all active Taijituans, but I do not think it laziness to avoid annoying people.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing my finger at Myro as the root of the issue, but he isn't helping.  He has a lot of the power to appoint people to positions, so he can get people in the right roles, so the "only one man" defense is eggshell thin when you have a list of advisers AND the ability to appoint people (from what I understand, I had trouble finding the laws). To me, that entire staff is accountable.

A large part of leadership is vision, and when you start making statements like I quoted, it shows the complete lack of vision by Myro and staff. That is the problem to me.  We don't deserve recruitment tools if we don't have the vision to play the game without them.  Other wise we are actually just sucking nations away from regions with real vision.

I don't know what happened, but Taijitu has taken a sour turn for the worse from its founding.  Maybe now that the new region smell has worn off, no one is excited about what can be anymore.  Most of the active members seem to be in agreement with this path as well.
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 01:00:47 AM »
Due to the newly, er, smaller Senate I have two more appointments to make:

I would like to nominate Gallipoli-China as Associate Justice to the Court, and ofcrazed to serve as Minister of Regional Security.

I have other requests which have yet to be answered, but these two have been confirmed.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."