Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: More stylish University uniforms and supplies for our dear students!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 22 2011  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 22 2011
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:35:24 PM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

Wow, it’s the end of the year already!  Tis’ been a great year for NationStates and NationStates Gameplay; we saw a game-changing coup in the South Pacific that lead to a greater concern for the protection of democracy and freedom of speech there and elsewhere and the creation of our institution in response to the bureaucratic nature of some of the defence that came to the aid of the South Pacific. This year we also saw a re-emergence of blitzkrieg raiding during the early part of the year, which carried into the summer. Raiders were attacking defenceless and smaller targets with greater frequency during update; going thro’ region to region, leaving their tag behind. This preceded a re-emergence of stockpile raiding, where regions are taken with a very small number of raiders (two or three), then non-updaters are moved in to “cushion” their raid’s security – the numbers of which have been ludicrous,  at times the infamous raid on the Proletariat Coalition had forty or fifty raiders endorsing the lead, for example. Currently, The Black Riders’ raid of Rome and Europeia’s raid of North Carolina are also using those tactics and that forces us to focus on recruiting and organizing; estimations suggest that if the United Defenders League wants to be a viable force to be reckoned with against these types of raids, it would need to quadruple its membership and thus overshadow almost all of the raider groups combined -- this is what I intend to do and thus the new year will mark a year of expansion. Consider that my new year’s “resolution” to our current problem plaguing the safety of native communities around NationStates.

Some of the ways in which we’re advertising for new members are rather creative; thanks to one very beloved member, we are now advertising using nation mottos which still warms the cockles of my promotional heart. Also, earlier this month, we sponsored a life expectancy calculator for nations which some of you may enjoy. As Yogurt once said in a thick Jewish accent, “Meuuurwwwchandise! Meuuurwwwchandise!” Eventually we’ll actually get recruiting sometime in the New Year.  You know the whole “holidays” and “having fun”  seems to interfere with mass recruitment programs and the hefty emotional labour thereof – but give it time and I’ll get the staff whipped into shape, don’t you worry!

We’ve had a good week or two of military action; defenses occured all over the place. We stopped the Red Army from conquering “Dictators of the world Unite” (they ‘strategically retreated’) as well as defences  in The United Kingdom Alliance, The Federation of Allied Nations, East Pacific, Western Europe, Esperivira. There were also liberations in The Roman Empire of Independent States, Koeln (from these troll-face guys) and there was an exciting liberation of The Crimson Dawn from the Black Hawks and DEN; a very close liberation that was attained with a remarkably close margin. Great work guys!

Anyways this week has been pretty chill, the holidays are starting to set in; I’d like to wish everyone in NationStates has a happy holidays and seasonal lull. I’ve been spending the last day or so sending out holiday messages to our members; for some members I preferred to post on their region’s RMB (to embarrass them) and others I’ve telegrammed them or included it in this update.

And your Moment of Zen is St. George’s drunk understanding of the United Defenders League’s membership:

<@stgeeorgee> Ballotonia|sleep iss cooool. Eluvatar osa mappopoing. Goobergunch is mod and will thus becoe tyrannnnnnnny. Mahaj is 12. spartz is um Unibot must bedn oves Bazlantis|RestingEyes i shero. Carta is hudin in gholgoth. Embolalia is wa. E|study is cooler than iiiii ithought. Grack ids ossomeone Griff is earths biiiiiitcch??????? Jamie is cute n hot n cute. splm is ssamsolm

Happy Holidays from The United Defenders League

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 22 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 06:42:06 AM »
 :congrats:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 03:43:42 AM »
Every time you post here it's just so much Robin Hood nostalgia D:

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:20:40 AM »
That is why we're awesome. :)