Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Be vigilant: Anticitoyens could be behind any corner.

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 10 2011  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 10 2011
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:05:25 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

Well the last few weeks certainly have been busy haven’t they? Admittedly what’s been keeping us busy has been the less organized (or “unnamed”) groups of raiders as of late, invading places like Federation of Allied Nations, Arachosia, The Land Of Morning Calm and Western Europe and a couple other places. The professional invader groups have been tied up in their mass griefing of North Atlantic. Although The Black Hawks and DEN attempted to hold Egypt they quickly went head-to-head with an awakening founder and lost; it will suffice to reaffirm the following model of combat in NationStates:

Besides those invasions, the situation is worsening in Vlaanderen. The Black Riders are currently hoarding over the region, moving in a boatload of non-updaters to cushion their tyranny. We here at the United Defenders League are happy to work with the Belgium and Dutch communities (who have been very helpful thus far) to see to it this oppression ends as soon as possible. However there is some good news, we recently liberated another community, Norway. This was a fascinating liberation for me since I had to watch in horror from the sidelines; the lead defender and two other defenders were banjected, so we had the bare minimum to unseat the raider delegate – the new delegate had to be (of course) the mission’s newbie and our new defender-in-training, Fischistan. Good work Fisch! People who participated in the Norway liberation have received this neat badge.

Nonetheless, this week has been frightening; raider groups have been striking left and right and I’ve been serving as the South Pacific delegate. It is good to know however that the team can easily do just about everything without me. This is somehow depressing and honouring simultaneously. I will, however, have to end what can only be described as the Era of Good Feelings in the Greenwood Band and return to the field, probably sometime next week when the newly elected delegate, Hileville takes over as delegate. There have been some great entries to the Merrymen ranks in the past few days and I look forward to defending with them when I get back, including Fisch, Riemstagrad and my good friend Topid! All wonderful surprises that make me jolly.

And since I like new people that much I've decided to promote Earth22 as our new Chief of Recruitment; Likewise, I’d like to wish Hileville good luck on his endeavors as the new leader of the South Pacific. Earth's got quite a bit of work ahead of her, but in the coming months I expect The United Defenders League will become the first defender organization in a long time to do its own recruitment (and not piggybacking on regional recruitment), specifically for promoting defending to new players. I'm very excited about this because, although we've been able to do a lot more with our numbers than raiders would, I'm really envisioning a future where defenders can confidently approach a raid like Vlaanderen (sixteen+ soldiers) and not bat an eye to organize a liberation with more soldiers than "required". But to achieve this vision, we have to approach the new blood of the game and expose them to how they can help out and volunteer to keep NationStates free and just.

Thank you for reading.

Annnnnd here's your Moment of Zen,

<fischistan> I thought sedge was a raider?

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot