Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 01 2012  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 01 2012
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:20 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

Spare me the drama, oh please spare me!

NationStates Moderators (11 days ago)
You are banned from ever joining the WA again with any nation.

I did not mean "spare" in that way! Yikes. Fortunately, the moderators had a change of heart when they noted that server difficulties had contributed to my mistake during update; you can read more about that drama here, but the key things to draw from this is: Unibot is back in the World Assembly and there is a new application system for The World Assembly – applications are processed in mere seconds now and nations can apply to the World Assembly with the same email address but are simply barred from joining more than one at a time (this is called “safe switching”).

Quote from: Sir Unibot and Merryman Peasley
<Unibot> We could ask Max Barry to come out for a liberation :P
<Peasley> when max enters a region he probably just becomes wa delegate

How does a returning defender celebrate, you may ask? I may have arranged a thirty-man liberation of Eastern Islands of Dharma. Granted, it wasn’t successful. But, fun? Hell yes. Nobody else in NationStates gets the privilege to lead armies that large into battle anymore, so beyond just being really thankful for all of my staff’s support, I would like them to know that if there was one thing I would have missed most with my World Assembly access gone it would be been being on the frontlines with them during a major liberation. There is a certain energy that runs through the group on those nights that just draws you in and makes you want to be a part of it.

Anyways, pardon my indulgence there. But it’s not all failed liberations here, no siree! The United Defenders League has liberated World Union, Tea Party Conservatives, The Shinobi Operatives in the past week and it liberated another region this morning under the leadership of Lieutenant Mahaj. But wait! There’s more!! I’m very happy to announce that The Greenwood Band was able to liberate Roman Empire from The Brotherhood of Malice. For this mission, the twenty defenders that showed for one of the two attempts to liberate Roman Empire, get a lovely military ribbon for their service, while the elite ten defenders that attended both liberation attempts get a special military ribbon. See below:

Quote from: Senior Merryman Akimonad on our Successes this Month
<Akimonad> "The UDL punched 18 people in the face this month"

Anyways. Um, defenses. I had started a “list” of defenses to record what we did this past week, it reads as written: Ishedus, Schleswigstein, Mitchell. *coughs* I can assure you we did more than three defenses, I am fairly certainly I stopped counting after about ten minutes. Lest we forget all of the restoration missions that the group has been pulling off too over this week; for every completed invasion, there’s a removal of that spam by hard-working individuals – go team go! For all of their hard work, The Monthly Awards recognizes a lot of effort by various defenders on the staff; a big shout out goes to  Merryman Hodori, our Month’s newcomer, as well as Press Secretary Cormac who picked up his second “Spotter of the Month” award in a row and finally, Lieutenant Earth and Lieutenant Tim, who were awarded the Chief’s Award and praised for their dedication and strategic napping before Major Update (honestly I am so proud of you guys).

Quote from: Merrymod Euroslavia and our Guardian Milograd
* Euroslavia pushes Milo off a cliff
<Euroslavia> into BUNNIES
<Milograd> ...you monster.
<Milograd> You want to see the bunnies crushed, Euro?
<Milograd> What kind of sick bastard are you? D:
<Euroslavia> :D

Hey, be nice to those bunnies; those be new members, you hear! Indeed, The United Defenders League is proud to have a fresh crate of bunnies and kittens delivered to our doorstep as we greet the following into the Greenwood Band this week: Kulaloe, The Miskito Coast, Bazalonia, Hodori, Triodard and Florard, Napkiraly, Flardania, Menassa, TaQud, Austeres and Contamenesia. Good luck, all of you. I hope you enjoy our group and have a lot of fun kicking butt, restoring regions and not sleeping enough.

Anyways, on a final note. I am getting NS Married at 10:30 EST to Earth22 (Lynna Stark) in  #Sherwood_Chapel . Please join us. :)

As for your “Who would have thunk?” moment of the update: Unistrut, former ADN Deputy Director, recently did the Gameplay Alignment Test. His score was -2 , -8.5; near Whamabama. Who would have thunk!?

Okay, I got to get suited up for my wedding! Here’s your Moment of Zen:

Quote from: Moment of Zen
<Tim> ROMAN ORGY ADS ARE BACK
<Solm> Just for you, Tim
<Tim> yessss
<Tim> whoo!
<Tim> I get all teh Roman Orgy
<Milograd> ROMAN ORGY ADS ARE BACK <<< Excellent. I miss my Roman orgies.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 01 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »
Why do we have an embassy for UDL?

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »
Because they are full of qts
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
I feel that being associated with a defender alliance will harm our commitment of neutrality, and unless we establish a foreign embassy for say the Black Riders or Lone Wolves United, we'll have to close this one down.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
We do have an embassy with Europeia :P

(click to show/hide)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Well I guess I'm saying I didn't appreciate being banned from their channel >___________>
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:17:34 PM by St Oz »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
It's... not a public channel XD

(click to show/hide)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
Hence why we shouldn't hold an embassy for them, they're secretive and violate our neutrality.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 10:50:50 PM »
Well I can't stop you. I'll archive the place on your say so.

(click to show/hide)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »
Unless Unibot gives a nice little case in 24 hours I'll say shut it down.

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »
Our embassy does not denote an affiliation, we have embassies with at least two "invader" regions and many neutral regions.

Your banishment from our channel was not intended to communicate disrespect to you or Taijitu -- I believe you were in the channel during update which is a no go in a private military channel.

We do quite enjoy spreading our updates to our friends here in Taijitu and would love it if the embassy were to maintain open, but we will understand if it is to be closed.

- Unibot