Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Devote pure conscience to forum maintenance like the martyr Limitless Events!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 15 2012  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 15 2012
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:54:45 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

MERRY OMIGOD-EXAMS-ARE-OVER (and moreover, Happy Hanukkah)! It has been an absolutely hellish week for me due to exams, but that is now all over and I look forward to the holidays. I hope everyone else is also looking to wind down for the holidays and take a break -- especially The Black Riders *wink wink*.

As we transition into the holidays, I’ve been trying to check off all of the traditions that I need to remember to do. There seems to be several boxes on my checklist I will probably check off still.

☑ Defend Christmas.
☐ Liberate Christmas.
☐ Debate over whether it is right or wrong, in particular, to attack Christmas or whether there are any real natives in Christmas yada yada yada.
☑ Decorate the UDL forum.
☐ Send Christmas Cards out to UDLers.
☑ Decorate the Unibot flag (must outdo my awesome snowman from last year).
☐ Bitch about my home-internet’s connection speed while defending.

You’ll note from the list that I usually send Christmas Cards out to the various members of the Greenwood Band – this year I will be posting them on their home region’s forum instead of their Regional Message Board, just as a note. Also, Sherwood Forest is all decorated now! Chief Lieutenant Solm diligently put up the Christmas lights and the Christmas tree; I recommend taking a look at the customized Christmas tree -- it was quite fun to make.

In The United Defenders League, internally, we’re doing a prize giveaway; if a member shows up for all four of our Christmas events, they collect four chucks of Candy-cane to make a whole Candy-Cane prize to be placed on their forum profile. Two of those events, Secret-Santa and a Skype-Night, are just open to our members, but the other two events require your participation to make it awesome! First, on Dec 22, 2012 6 PM EST on #udl on Espernet, The United Defenders League will be opening up its private military channel to the public to watch a Christmas classic (or something like that) -- it isn’t decided yet which film we’re watching, but I believe it’s currently a bloody showdown between Miracle on 34th Street and Tim Burton’s Night before Christmas on the forum poll.

Second, my merrymen and I are going to be carolling around NationStates on Regional Message Boards on Sunday, Dec 23, 2012 – if you want us to carol in your region, just contact me by telegram and book a time for us to show up to carol (note: we need executive permission to post on RMBs)!

Whoa, hold on, there’s a Christmas special on T.V featuring a Claymation Elf! Eeek! *scampers over to the living room*

Quote from: Lieutenant Mahaj chatting with Lieutenant Earth about the R/D Conference
<Mahaj> mall is suggesting raiding is too hard
<Mahaj> and defending is too easy
<Mahaj> MALL YOU DO THE F**KING EASIEST THING IN THE GAME
<Mahaj> IT’S HARDER TO ANSWER AN ISSUE THAN IT IS TO RAID
<Earth> xD
<Earth> I liked what Sedge said, though
<Mahaj> "I'm the only representative in this summit not chosen to represent an agenda"  = "hooray i get to pursue my own agenda"

*returns from three hours of Christmas T.V specials* Actually to be fair to Sedgistan, I liked his agenda too, but, yes the “R/D” Conference has begun. The United Defenders League is happy to see two of its members, Chief Lieutenant Solm and Lieutenant Earth as representatives in the Gameplay Conference -- I’m sure they’ll both do very well. One of the major subjects being discussed is “piling” and how liberations can be made to be more competitive and I am looking forward to reforms in that area, especially bearing in mind that griefing has only become easier and more popular; my hope is that the on-going griefing of Ether will end on a happy note for the natives and my heart goes out to them today because the former native delegate was ejected from the region, which is never a good sign with The Black Riders.

Speaking of The Black Riders …

Quote from: Lieutenant Ravania discussing his detag-record
<Ravania> I guess no raid-org ever took 69 delegacies in one update
<Ravania> with 6 people
<Unibot> 69 with 6 people, sounds like some kind of orgy
<Ravania> Well, Uni; Earth and I were teamed up and then you had Tim and Hodori and Cormac and Johz I guess
<Unibot> Leave my girlfriend alone :p
* +Karpy notes down for gossip column
<Unibot> None of your strange sex positions, go shoo :P
<Ravania> can't, she needed an endo :P
<Earth> You should detag more, m'dear. Clearly this is a sign of that. :O
<Earth> Your endo's the best endo, after all. ;P
<Earth> Okay this is weird.
<Earth> Actually you'd probably say -my- endo is the best endo. ;P
<Unibot> It was better when I was allowed magic endos.
* Earth hides before this gets weirder
<madjack> so
<Karpy> good timing madjack
<Cormac> Madjack's solution to the weirdness was apparently to impose an awkward silence.  :P

To clarify: what Lieutenant Ravania is talking about is his new record; he and a group of five other Merrypeople, restored sixty-nine regions in one update. So sixty-nine regions are less spammed by invaders than they were a few days ago, which was an impressive event. After the Greenwood Band did that and then also trounced The Black Riders during an update, stopping them ten times from invading successfully. After these successes, I commissioned the Meritorious Unit Award to bestow upon the involved troops (you can read more about this in our Press Secretary’s statement), but then they went and out did themselves today by defending thirteen regions against The Black Riders (who only managed to take five regions during update). Thanks to the FRA Rangers for helping out too! So now I have to shelve out three sets of service medals; I’m not Rumpelstiltskin, guys!

Quote from: Lieutenant Ravania polishes his medals
* Ravania bounces
<Ravania> Sssssso ssshiny, my precioussss

Other than those kickass instances of defending and restoring, I know that the Greenwood Band has been on the field every night, stopping invasions and cleaning up regions as per usual. In one incident, The United Defenders League piled into Anarchy to defend it from an invasion by ComuCRVG (“Uma região de Vascaínos!”) and was joined by The Founderless Regions Alliance and The Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organization in a strong showing of defender unity; also, thanks to Osiris’s Medjai Guard for also making an appearance.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot: so if you were living under a rock for the past week, there was this Condemnation, that was up to vote in the World Assembly, for The United Defenders League proposed by that fallen defender.. you know, the one caught raiding with that forum destroyer dude (94 Block)? Yeah, well anyway, that Condemnation was soundly defeated 7,539 votes to 3,654; kudos to The South Pacific, The East Pacific, Lazarus and Capitalist Paradise and everyone else who voted or campaigned against the Condemnation. There was also a huge popular vote against the resolution -- so I'd also like to thank all the individual voters who took the time to read the resolution and helped defeat it. If you’re looking for a balanced review of the Condemnation then I think if I were you I would read A Mean Old Man (Topdog)’s review of the ill-fated proposal.

<Karpy> And I'm civil unioned to someone, for some reason I can't remember.
<Karpy> I think it had something to do with sandwiches.

*sighs* Oh NS Marriages; yes, Earth and I are married as of December 2, 2012. It was a lovely wedding and a big shout goes out to our Press Secretary who served as the Reverend (Cormac!), in addition to Tim who served as our organist and Koth and The Blaatschapen who played the part of drunk uncles interrupting the service; at least I think the last two were acting. You can read the entire transcript of the wedding here.

As a point of interest, it was this day one year ago that Lieutenant Ravania joined The United Defenders League and two years ago that Lieutenant Ravania joined NationStates. You rock bud; Happy Birthday!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the update. I am tired now, must.. resist the urge to watch more.. claymation. Also, remember to approach me about caroling if your region is interested. At last: here’s your Moment of Zen,

Quote from: Moment of Zen
<Earth> Uni can pull updaters out of his butt. :P
<Bel> Indeed he can :P
<Bel> Midas shat gold, Uni shits updaters
<Earth> They're just shit at it. ;P
<Bel> Yup
* Bel was a Uni butt shit updater to begin with

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Dec 15 2012