Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Post a large number of kitten macros and .gifs so that no space on the forum is left bare!

Author Topic: Southern Ryazania Peace Summit  (Read 13703 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: Southern Ryazania Peace Summit
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:58 PM »
OOC: The cost isn't really that high, because there's no set price. Let's assume, just for argument purposes, that each nation spends 50,000 USD per soldier. The real cost would be lower for nations with conscription and other factors, but let's just take that number. Now, Dysanii surrendered quickly, so let's assume, I don't know, one million people on the UASS-Mor'os side died. Mor'os didn't really do any fighting at all, I think, but maybe I'm wrong. So, if you multiply one million by 50,000, you get:

Or fifty billion. Two million dead would make 100 billion, and so on. Let's also assume that, since the Kolonialreich mark's exchange rate always hovers at 1.00 KRM=2.10-2.14 USD, we'll just round that down to 2.00. Then, you can divide 50 billion to be 25 billion. 100 billion is 50 billion. So on and so forth. Government waste allows for ~543 billion Kolonialreich marks, so no more than roughly 1 trillion in damages.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Talmann

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2007, 11:31:12 PM »
OOC: Oz- as Dys said, Metz Minor is 100% Dysanii. Myro doesn't, and shouldn't have to move them all out, it wouldn't make RP sense to leave an island abandoned.

Adolf spoke up, "I agree with the esteemed diplomat. Too much independence now may cause any radicals left in the country to continue attacks against UASS countries, such as Llandern and the Chinese Loyalist occupied areas. What do you think, Herr Schlangdorf?"

(Mikael) "I think that the Dysanii-Ryazanians should be given Independence and not be watched over by these communist hawks, all too eager to push their propoganda at them. The only help they'll need is enough to get the country back on its feet, in terms of humanitarian needs, and economic needs. I also think, following my original lines, that if Myroria cannot put any soldier upon Southern Ryazanian soil, than neither should any other nation. I say that the Chinese and Saletsians pull out!"
Music is the key to the heart.

"Once art to me was something far off, unfathomable and unreachable... But I discovered that the real essence of art was not something high up and far off, it was right inside my ordinary daily self. If a musician wants to be a fine artist, he must first become a finer person. A work of art is the expression of a person's whole personality, sensibility, and ability." -Shinichi Suzuki

Offline Saletsia

• Long live the EMpire of Saletsia!
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
"We will pull out as soon as we know what will happen to Southern Ryazania: leaving now without ensurance of stability is not an option."

Offline Talmann

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »
"As long as it is soon, I will not care." Mikael sat down, then said under his breath, "Verdammten Kommunists..."

"Once art to me was something far off, unfathomable and unreachable... But I discovered that the real essence of art was not something high up and far off, it was right inside my ordinary daily self. If a musician wants to be a fine artist, he must first become a finer person. A work of art is the expression of a person's whole personality, sensibility, and ability." -Shinichi Suzuki

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »
The Canadian represenative had been so quiet till now. "Then what we do is create a joint PI-UASS peacekeeping force. That will have to be an option. That way we are all neutral. We are there to make sure a civil war doesn't break out. We guide the Southern Ryzanian government on it's road to good government. This way we aren't pushing them with our own political ideals. They can make their own decision."
Article II: The Legislative

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

"YES WE CAN!" Barack Obama 2007

Offline Talmann

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2007, 11:46:03 PM »
"No. That will still be forcing our ideals on them. Plus, who's to say that PI and the UASS will agree. Sure, we may come to an agreement, but the soldiers may not. And besides, who are you to speak for the entirety of Pax Imperium? I see no other PI member besides Myroria here, and they have already decided that Myroria may not land one soldier, in peace or war, to land upon those shores. We cannot. We must grant them independence from foreign domination, and let them choose what they wish to do."

OOC: Yes, Mikael is a hot-head.

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »
But we will be there to protect them in case of civil war. Something that will happen no matter what we choose. I can't speak for all of the PI nations, but if this is our plan, they might agree with me.

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

Offline Talmann

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2007, 12:08:26 AM »
"But surely many of Ryazania are tired of war, and tired of military occupation? Komm, mein Freund, surely you don't think there will be a civil war? For the time being, at least, many in Ryazania are tired of war, tired of guns and explosions in the night. And I am sure they are tired of all the communists that have recently been taking over their land. The only civil war I can foresee would be a purge of any who believed these communists, because South Ryazania, as I've heard, is fiercely capitalist and very nationalist, so any person who thinks a foreign communist is right, in my viewpoint, would be reason enough to exile them. But I get caught up in my personal matters. We must get back on topic here, shouldn't we? I still vehemently believe that these people can handle themselves. All they need is some economic boosting. Their main portion of the economy was war products and those were bombed. Therefore, they will need jobs, they will need money. We may be able to provide this, and once they see us in a more favorable light, they may open relations with us in the future, after they have settled into their own government."

Adolf added on to this, "For once, I agree with my friend here. Not in the fact that communists are the cause of strife in Ryazania, but in the fact that these people will be able to govern themselves. If we help them economically, we may train their police forces to instill order, we may help many infant or destroyed industries get back up on their feet. Surely we do not need many troops there, if at all," he added, noting Mikael's angry glare. "Perhaps having peacekeeping organizations in Southern Ryazania instead of soldiers? Organizations that are unarmed but help the nation regroup and reorganize?"

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2007, 12:14:59 AM »
occ: The forum should have some dice roll sort of application to decide the plebiscite... 
-----------------------
"Sigh...there's a saying in our country: "Nationalism killed peace." It seems what we have here is a disagreement between parties on difference in opinion. May I remind some of you, that this is a peace treaty for Easteros, not the world. Hence, I think the point of views of the most affected members should have the most say. I think its important that the non-Easteros nations here should pay attention to the needs of directly-affected nations of this war, namely Llanydern and South Ryaz. Please do not turn this into a international political orgy...

Retribution should be the most pressing point of this agreement, I can care less if it was paid by Myroria or Dysanii. War is not cheap in money or lives, and the aggressor should be the one to repay such debt for their fault.

And with the fate of South Ryaz...perhaps it be best to give these people anonymity in their own affairs. Going with Saletsia's point, the UASS must first take time to stabilize the region first before a move to independence. And there after, I believe that the UASS should become a formal protector and monitor of South Ryaz, to insure that no outside nation tries to force their influence on these people."

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 12:16:43 AM by Chinese Loyalist »
"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2007, 12:17:18 AM »
But whos going to stop the UASS from forcing their influence?

Offline Talmann

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2007, 12:24:32 AM »
"Including the UASS, may I remind you. Yes, I understand that Llanydern is also affected by this war, as is the UASS nations that lost so many of their people fighting. However," Mikael paused to sigh and take a breath. "I am of the opinion that any nation that is under the protectorate of any other nation or group of nations will slowly become dependant on that or those nations and become heavily influenced by it or them. Therefore, in order to ensure that no outside nation tries to influence Southern Ryazania, you must include yourselves and keep yourselves out. If you must stay until the newly elected government, whatever government it be, comes into power, so be it. But thereafter you shall remove your armies from the nation of Southern Ryazania. Agreed?"

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2007, 12:34:55 AM »
"Well, it well be pretty awkward for a independent nation to house foreigner troops against its will, won't it representative? Of course this will include us. I am merely proposing that since UASS members are the closest neighbor to south Ryaz, we should be the one enforcing the terms. We will be a merely a cooperative partner to the new nation of South Ryaz."
"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline Mor'os

• Taijitu's Cuddliest Emperor
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2007, 12:37:34 AM »
"Yes," said Tadom, finally getting in edgewise. "While I do believe that our million soldiers would prove useful to stabilizing Southern Ryzania for the immediate time, once the place has been stabilized and the people have chosen their own path then I would not dream of keeping them stationed there, short of some incredible change in the fundamental situation."
"Ul dé mur e nez dí zhìn bu sà."
"Don't trust the rats, they're working for the wolves."
Shauas Tadom, age 6,  commenting on national security.

"Kar-dav on shí dí dor yé. Zat téi he!"
"I really like His Divinity's tail. It tickles!"
Nasme Ūtum, age 5, commenting on imperial policy.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2007, 02:38:07 AM »
"Is there monetary refund?"

Offline Pachamama

« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2007, 05:23:24 AM »
Talman Yar had stood up and walked over to the Saletsian representative.
He had presented a paper and talked to him while the others were arguing.
Now he turned to the assembly.
"Honored representatives, If I may I would like to suggest a new draft, somewhat a union of UASS and Oznian proposals. Mind you gentleman it is only a suggestion, but maybe we can use it as a base and expand upon it to hammer out an agreement."

1. Myroria will remove their presence from Easteros. They will forfeit their claim to Ryaz as well. 
1a. All Dysanii in the areas of UASS jurisdiction and the territories of Ryazania will be returned to their homeland under the conditions of article 3.
2. Metz Minor will remain a demilitarized zone under supervision by representatives from all Easteros nations.
2.a In the case of inability to secure their livelihood at Mez Minor all Dysanii wishing to return to their homeland will be supported in this decision.
3. Myroria will pay the amounted war expenses, damage costs, and reparations to UASS, St Oz, and Mor'os and Dysanii.
4. The UASS will not recognize Myroria's control over Dysanii territories, in the event that Myroria secures them.
5 Myroria will recognize the UASS's claim on areas of all of Ryazani, and will not seek to purposely violate any jurisdiction enforce by UASS members.
6. The lands that were secured by the Mercenaries will be under a combined control of UASS, St Oz, and Mor'os, Until they are seen fit to govern themselves.

OOC: I`m off to work now. Wait with taring and feathering me until I´m back, will you  O:-)
The power we hold comes from our citizens.
And they may take it away as well.

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

"War`s  begin where you will
but they do not stop where you please"

Machiavelli