Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: Llanydern opens its doors to foreign commerce (trade conference)  (Read 9440 times)

Offline LLANYDERN

OOC: If you want in PM me and I'll make it seem natural for you to come in (i.e. my people will discuss you or mention that your delegates should be arriving soon etc etc)

IC: "Well Jenat (Salnin Jenat council member for public order and defense) is everything in hand the delegates for the trade discussions are arriving tomorrow and I don't want the order to be a problem."
Salnin Jenat her new dress uniform (hah she thought when have the police troops ever had a dress uniform they've made it up special for the foreign bigwigs even came up with a dress eyepatch specially for her, it itched) "They have been making a ruckus about the the new rules on abortion and the reforms to the marriage laws" she replied to the small bald man sitting behind the desk carefully pruning the potted plant in front of him.
"Yes but what is new Jenat haven't I always told you look for what is new then you may find a better..."
"way of of answering the old" she finished "they have started to blame the foreigners saying that without them we wouldn't have these sinful ideas."
"Ah something new, and truth be told they are half right. We have these ideas all the time, some good some bad but often we do not use them as it will be difficult for us.  The order have always made it difficult but now we are stronger then them and so difficult thoughts are now not so difficult" muttered the old man half to himself.
"We'll manage we must for who else is there" the young soldier replied as she left.....
I don't have anger issues I just prefer to solve my problems with violence!

Offline LLANYDERN

Re: Llanydern opens its doors to foreign commerce (trade conference)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »
OOC: this is it for the night as I have lots of work to do before lectures tomorrow.

IC: "Are preparations for our guests ready?" asked the little bald man carefully shuffling paperwork on his immaculate desk.
"Everything we can be ready for we are ready for, we've got our people waiting for them with transport to the conference venue and the routes lined by uniformed and undercover officers, nothing can go wrong Chairman"
"My young man" the venerable gentleman addressed the young police command officer "when you think nothing can go wrong expect the worst.  Now we wait for our guests to arrive, I look forward to discussion with Uichi Ryu and C.L. especially, we must court our neighbors."

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »
the uichi ryan osprey touched down with a perfect landing at a small field designated by the Llanydern govornment. out of the osprey stepped a rather hagard looking man. (see below)

he stepped out with an air of contained violence with an XM8 rifle strapped around his shoulder. he looked at his watch impatiently...

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline LLANYDERN

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »
The young police officer ran up to the Osprey his hand on his peaked cap "I'm afraid sir that is illegal for non-citizens to carry weapons without license from the civil authorities, a license for a pistol or light automatic was issued but a rifle is not covered. If you wish to keep the weapon on your welcomed visit to our nation then we can wait and have the appropriate license approved.  However" he said breaking into a smile "I'm sure you will find your security more then adequate.  May I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but as an officer charged with upholding the law I must do my duty by it"

OOC: Sorry about this but to be in character for this rp I have to do this, I was expecting unarmed diplomats maybe a couple of body guards.  Hopefully this will not cause an incedent.

Offline NFIC

• Taijitu's Largest Food Concern
  • President/CEO Antonio Largiou
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:59:30 PM »
ooc: Nerdic Agent Julia Will be present il post some stuff after i get back from my psych test

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
A few hundred miles away, right at the southwest borders of Llanydern, an out of place caravan of brown weary cows appear at a shabby, rusted down border guard post. Two wide-eyed guards slinging FAL rifles stared at the Oriental man standing in front of them.

He was dress in a beige robe studded with copper buttons and wearing a wide hemp straw hat that protected his rice white face from the sun. His clothing and body were battered with dust and dirt, as was others in his group. The man glanced down at the rifles, and then back up to look at both guards.

"Hey,...you guys got any water?" he said, giving them a friendly smile.
"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline LLANYDERN

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 09:47:57 PM »
One of the guards showed the rest of the caravan to the place the horses used for patrols were watered, the other guard wearing the mottled uniform of the border guard threw the strange man his canteen.
"Not normal to have people come up to patrol centers, least not unless they have less then peaceful intent in their heads.  But then you don't really look like a local, more like some of the guys we have from the coast, which if you are your sure far from home.  Fancy telling the tail of it?" he rambled leaning on his rifle propped against a rock scanning the horizon.

Offline NFIC

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »
Julia Annius prepared herself for the trade conference. She was an Agent of the Nerdic Food Importation Company, and had lived in this nation since they signed on as a partnership with Nerdic. It was an alright land she picked up the language (nerdic agents are all people skilled at linguistics and law). Gathering her stuff she walked towards the door to head to her transportation.

ooc:Where is this conference being held, and who does Julia work closest with, or what group. This is so she acts appropriately.
Julia is a rather bland looking woman, but very professional. physically she looks like the people from southern France

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:08:49 PM »
OOC:   People from souther France are very bland?
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:11:12 PM »
I think he's Southernfrancist.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline NFIC

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
ooc: i was more referring to she was very busty, wasn't chubby, didn't have really fancy hair or make up. she isnt highly attractive or ugly, that was all i was referring to as bland

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 03:06:26 AM »
"Well I'll be doggone..." said the border guard. "An emissary coming all the way out here...and you're telling me you walk all the way here?!?"

"Yes, we left one month ago from our city of Li Yai," Gen Wai reply. He and his group had been walking westward for fourty-one days and nights, crossing the expanse of wilderness between the Chinese Loyalist State and Llanydern.

"You chose a hell of a trail to track through, I assumed that most nations fly in with their fancy Ospreys or some other piece of junk that I can't afford with my paycheck," said the guard. He took a long drink from his canteen, the water leaking onto his brushy cheeks and falling onto the ground in droplets.

"Our country is too poor for these things you speak of,...I dare say that your paycheck might be more than mine..." Genwai said as he washed his dirty hands with the canteen water. "For most parts, we had a smooth trip...just some issues with water."

The second guard was in a similar state of disbelief. "Dam, couldn't you have a least drove here in your car?" he blankly asked. The ambassador looked at him uneasily.

"I...never seen an automobile in my life", he silently said. Both guard stared blankly at his answer. "There are no cars in DCL, most people move by ox or horse. Even if I had a car, there's no gas to run it."

The three of them join in laughter. The ambassador's attendants looked from outside, musing over their employer's companionship with foreigners. When the laughter stopped, they return to filling their water cans.

"Well Ambassador, we better get you to that conference," the older guard said.

"Are we close to the capital?"

"Only if you have wings and can fly at the speed of sound," the guard reply. He took up his rifle and slung it onto his back. "Come on, let me show you my pickup."

The young ambassador busted out a gleeful smile. "You mean...you have a truck here?"

"Sure do", the old guard grinned.

The guard led Gen Wai to a spot behind the stable. He removed the green canvas covering the old battered pickup truck. The ambassador's eyes shot out wide in pure disbelief and awe.

"We don't drive this around much, we only got two tanks of gas in the whole place. Better to use horses to move around here." He took out a pair of brass keys. "Usually, I'm not allow to leave my place of duty, but for you Mr. Ambassador, I'm sure headquarters won't tear apart my ass for this violation." He signals the other guard, "Chuck, stay here and watch the others! Make sure Baker's team doesn't come back here and starting shooting at them or the cows." The guard pull open the door to the driver's side and slided in. "Come on, we got a couple of hours of driving ahead of us."

The ambassador stood still, looking down at the chipped hood of the truck.

"Well, what you waiting for?"

The ambassador looks up at him blankly.

"How do I get in?" he asks.
"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline LLANYDERN

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 09:11:40 AM »
Opening the door "you jump in the cab with me, any of yours with a need to be coming best scram into the back there, mind they don't mess with the cannon" he warned pointing towards the heavy machine gun mounted over the cab "its old and a mite finikity and we don't want accidents now."

"I'll get you to thranner they'll take care of what to do then, probably put you on the train or something, maybe even put on one of those new helios for you" then speaking to the truck as he tried to start it "gets thou going thou lazy baggage, hast thy no sense" and at that the engine started "all aboard whos going, we've got a fair ways to go"

Offline LLANYDERN

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 09:21:16 AM »
Nerdic, she'd be working with the council for foreign food stuffs (I'm going to start writing all these down) and the conference is being held in the council building in Aberystwyth which is the administrative hub of my nation. It'll be in the council room (the room in which council meetings are held) where there is provision for private communication between attendees and translation services, this trade conference will be headed by the chairman of the council who's name/title is Evoleerf Xab Erretnorb but is mainly called chairman by all.  He is a small man bald except for the odd wisps of grey hair and is very old, he wears tinted glasses and in his full regalia of office has been described (and would admit this freely) that he looks rather like a monkey in a dress, he is also slightly hard of hearing (though only it seems when it is convenient for him not to have heard what you said).

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »
  Ferika Wix had never flown in the 25 years of her life. It was a nonsense, everybody knew those vehicles were safe, and there were those statistics about the probability to crash a plane being significantly lower than the chances to have a car accident, but she was scared of flying and nothing was going to change that.

She had tried to change the mind of Wise Matju and arrange a voyage on a ship, but the member of the Committee of the Wise was a hard-nosed man and insisted that she would travel by plane to the trade conference. The young ambassador, whose job was only two days old, could do nothing but obey.

So there she was, the only passenger in the Golden Dragon diplomatic plane, crossing the clouds in a sky that matched both her dress and her eyes. In front of her, an open laptop showing a wordprocessor on the screen, with a few ideas she had written down during the flight. If she had only had the time to prepare something for the conference... But she had been sent there with the aim of listening, rather than speaking, as she had been told when she was hired; perhaps her second pair of ears, a birthday present by her father, had helped her job application to be accepted.

Once more, she looked through the window. Behind the pale reflex of gold-framed white face, she could see and endless white carpet of clouds, as a field of cotton. She checked her watch; they should be already there.

She was about to go to the cabin and ask the pilot when the plane suddenly stopped in the air and vertically descended. The ambassador abruptly removed her eyes from the window and covered her face with her long fingered hands, in an exaggerated attempt to prevent her eyes to glimpse anything. The descent lasted a few minutes, but it was like an eternity for her. Finally, she felt the relieving stillness of the plane, engines off.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:44:10 PM by Empire of Kalvskar »