Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Post a large number of kitten macros and .gifs so that no space on the forum is left bare!

Author Topic: May 2012 Senate Primaries: Why I should be elected  (Read 2163 times)

Offline McMasterdonia

May 2012 Senate Primaries: Why I should be elected
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:49:57 AM »
I would like to formally announce my intention to run for the Senate and to fight for pre-selection for the Progressive Party of Taijitu. I thank all who contributed to my exploratory committee.

I am a new comer to Taijitu, but I have been around on Nationstates for a while longer. I am a proud Regional Assemblyman, and member of cabinet as Minister for Defence in the North Pacific. I am also a proud contributor to the Progressive Party in the North Pacific and have just recently gained membership of the Taijitu branch.

Even though I have not been around for long, I feel that this in some ways is a positive thing. I will be able to offer a new view to ongoing policy issues, and freshen up and widen the field of candidates.

I have worked with many members of the Taijitu community in the past, and I look forward to continuing this relationship in to the future.
I feel I would serve the people of Taijitu well in this role due to:

• Activity: I have been on nationstates [almost] every day since I have started on here. I always try to make a qualified contribution to debate on new laws and other topics as they arise
  • My Track Record: as Minister for Defence in The North Pacific I have been responsible for the re-establishment of the North Pacific Army, after a long period of inactivity. I have tirelessly restored the structure of the body, recruited new members and are in the process of writing its military legal code. It has required a lot of work on my part, but I am proud of what I have achieved. You can expect the same dedication should I be elected as a member of the Senate
  • Personality:  I can take criticism well, and I am able to take on board what others say of me. I approach all topics with an open mind, and consider all evidence in detail before making a decision. I always respect others, especially in the course of debate. Some would rather reduce themselves to attacks of a personal nature. I will always carry myself with dignity and show civility towards others.
  • Leadership: I understand the qualities required of a good leader. It’s important to be consultative, and to try and reach consensus wherever possible. It is equally important however, to be able to make the tough decisions. These decisions are not always going to be popular with everyone, but I am prepared to make tough choices if I feel it is in the regions interests.
    • Values: I believe strongly in democracy, and the people’s right to express a free vote. I value accountability, if you are unhappy with something I am doing/have done, I expect you to tell me. A democracy operates best when the people are actively involved in keeping the politicians accountable. I will always act in the interests of Taijitu, defending the rights and liberties of its citizens at all times.
    I hope that you will consider voting for me in the 2012 Senate Primaries. I promise that I will not let you down.
Ur a towel

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: May 2012 Senate Primaries: Why I should be elected
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
Cool beans

(click to show/hide)

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
:)
Ur a towel

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:16:41 AM »
 :clap:
Ur a towel

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:52:48 AM »
Voting has commenced! Good luck to all members of ProP!
Ur a towel

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
Thanks to everybody who supported me in my Senate Primaries Campaign. I look forward to the Senate election, and hopefully I will be able to represent you all in the Senate very soon.
Ur a towel