Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Long live the Glorious Revolution!

Author Topic: The Constitution of Taijitu  (Read 12972 times)

Offline Akka-Wakka

• Huzzah x Pink Waffle = Snowman of Doom
  • Huzzah!
Re: The Constitution of Taijitu
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
I still don't see how SD can suspend the Senate and the Old constitution while claiming legitimacy.

Offline Mahasoor

• Hottest 525 year old ever!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 11:17:42 PM »
Are you kidding?  I prefer the old constitution.  I believe I will begin looking for a new region which is a shame, I had rather begun to enjoy my stay in taijitu.

eta  maybe.  i might be speaking too hastily.  I'll give it a bit to see how this pans out, but I'm majorly disappointed in the so far so called "MAJOR" changes.
---
GMT: i`m a princess
---

Offline Durnia

• Full of Imperial Mattyness
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 11:20:18 PM »
Laughable.

The first Constitution is the REAL one.

Executive - dictatorial. We must have ELECTIONS, not a referendum to DECIDE IF WE SHOULD.

No, the referendum on the delegate would merely install the delegate's second in command to power, as previously clarified by Sovereign Dixie.
Nobody of importance.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 11:21:13 PM »
I would like to move for the impeachment of the Delegate of Taijitu.

Article 1 of the pretender new constitution

5. The Delegate or Ministers may be removed from office by a two thirds majority vote of Citizens if found guilty of violating the Constitution or Laws of Taijitu by the Judiciary or by a three quarters majority vote of Citizens.

Shall we start the vote?
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 11:23:52 PM »
This constitution seems to sound similar to the way the Romans did things when the Republic became an Empire. It is an olrigarcy, but I would like to see where this goes. Maybe this might work.
Article II: The Legislative

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

"YES WE CAN!" Barack Obama 2007

Offline Eientei

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 11:24:04 PM »
If 3/5ths of citizens vote against in a referendum, there's automatically an election for a new delegate, at least as I understand it.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 11:28:45 PM »
Did you read the fucking thing? THERE ARE ELECTIONS.

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 11:29:36 PM »
Laughable.

The first Constitution is the REAL one.

Executive - dictatorial. We must have ELECTIONS, not a referendum to DECIDE IF WE SHOULD.

No, the referendum on the delegate would merely install the delegate's second in command to power, as previously clarified by Sovereign Dixie.

No he edited it so the referendum would cause elections.
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 11:29:42 PM »
Opinions regardless, this seems to be riddled with various inconsistencies, sillinesses and contradictions since it was changed behind my back.

Offline Mahasoor

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »
I love that there was zero input asked for from the general assembly.  If you're going to essentially change everything about the way taijitu is run, don't the peons get even the slightest bit of a say in the matter?  Or are you too busy laughing it up on your high horse to give any thought to how we might react to things?
---
---

Offline Chairman Steve

• CHAIRMAN STEVE
  • CHAIRMAN STEVE
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »
Judiciary - Dictatorship, even more so than the executive. One justice? That's ridiculous.

OH YEAH!
I AM CHAIRMAN STEVE.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 11:38:21 PM »
Yes! My plan to rule as absolute GOD of all has finally come to fruition. It's just as Myroria says: kneel and bow before me lest you feel the swift sting of my fiery wrath! As they say, resistance is futile, but do bother with it anyway! It will amuse your new Lord. For starters, I suggest joining Delfos's little Communist revolution. It's so terribly droll at the moment and we can't have me bored can we? I might go lopping heads left and right without a care, oh yes.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 12:04:11 AM »
Ok, there were changes made *after* it was posted, in the hopes of alleviating concerns expressed by many. (My apologies prag, it was somewhat of a spur of the moment thing in a convo with GMT, myself, OC, Eientei and KoolAid Man)

There are elections, triggered by the referendum. As well as an citizen override for Delegate Vetoes of amendments.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 12:41:22 AM »
Myro, I really don't know what you're on about. You didnt even participate in the old senate! Now suddenly that this happens you set up talk radio?? As I recall you were a senator once, (dont recall what happened, i think ya got screwed over by the 5 vote thing or something... dont remember) but in any event, if that's the case you didn't re-apply (can;t say as I blame you) but now suddenly you get all up in arms. I don't get it.

Oh, and the Judiciary reads AT LEAST ONE JUSTICE.... once again, I'm thinking alot of you are just wanting something to bitch about.

Now, no where did I say I would not be taking input. So keep your knickers out of a bunch. We've already taken some input from citizens and we'll continue to do so. This is not neccesarily the final draft.

Furthermore, look at these threads, this one, and the original thread in which I announced all of this. Sure, there are a lot of posts, but most of it is the same handful of people. Now, I'm not saying that means those silent support me, but what I am saying is that it goes to illustrate the mammoth levels of laziness in this region. It's taken this to even get a bit of a reaction out of y'all. 

We're going to get this hammered out, and then we're going to get to work. We're going to get the new legislature up and running, and then, if y'all want to have my head on a plate, so be it. But yanno at lease someone will have tried to do something!

Offline Mahasoor

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 01:27:16 AM »
What's that phrase, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?

I'll be interested to see where this goes.  So far I'm not amazed.
---
---