Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: The Constitution of Taijitu  (Read 12975 times)

Offline Eientei

Re: The Constitution of Taijitu
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2008, 04:43:04 AM »
I guess the whole region has had a nice lesson in the frustrations of legislating and bickering over single sentences and words and so on.  I was only in the Senate for a couple of weeks, and that was some time ago, but I got that sense as well.

I still can't agree with how this whole thing was conducted out of principle, but maybe you're right that it was better for the region in terms of activity.  You all certainly stirred things up a lot.

Offline Xyrael

• The Haradrim Empire - Submit to your new God.
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2008, 05:57:08 AM »
Honestly, I never believed in the Senate. It never talked about anything relevant really, I think Soly actually posted something about the official forum drink being kool-aid. Indeed, at some point it became idiotic. And Minister of Awesome. The Senate was indeed decrepit and superficial, I like this citizen assembly idea. I hope it works.
I have become, again and again.

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »
God damn if some people try to have fun once in awhile.  They are destroying this region.  They are the leaches that suck the life force from all the others.

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »
If you ever insult Kool Aid again you will die a slow horrible death.  :P

Most of that silly stuff was for fun. I have a suggestion for you Xy. GET AN IMAGINATION!

Also, oc is awesome and should be recognized as such. And SD is inventing words. Wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed it.  :D

This message has been brought to you by the Age of Lulz. ^_^

Offline Of Crazed

• Let's do this.
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »
SERIOUS BUSINESS
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
*Calls in the Internet Hate Machine*

^_^

Offline Romanar

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »
There's nothing wrong with fun, silly stuff, but there IS a problem when there is a lack of good, serious stuff.  There were times when the most insightful question asked of an applicant for the Senate was "What is your favorite color", or something similar.

Offline Of Crazed

• Let's do this.
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »
There is a lack of quality in the questions in the senate for various reasons.  People were willing to answer the silly questions, and when we don't have tons of aplicants we tend to lax our standards.  Is there anything wrong with this?  Nah, because most people who applied to the senate have been posting here for a little bit at least. 

However blaming all of the regions problems on the Senate is something I won't hear.  September 01, 2007 is the last time any of you three ( I am barring pragmia here because he was always involved in the system) attempted of any real government reform.  If I remember correctly this even resulted in the Delegate getting a vote in the senate.

We tried that. That was the point of the Conservative Party of Taijitu, the Myro/I-S Delegate ticket, and the various Senators who proposed reform in the Senate, only to be shot down. The Senate and it's oligarchy latched onto power and wasn't willing to change. Frustrated at the Senate's own selfishness we left, and soon afterwards we formed the movement for a new order.

Besides the delegate getting more power what reform did you, PoD, or SD try to attempt?  Pragmia tried the voting reform, but that had nothing to do with selfishness, it had to do with both sides were split.  If you are going to make claims of that magnitude, please cite an example.  Also, I would hardly call it the Conservative Party when it's actions are this extream.
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »
We tried that. That was the point of the Conservative Party of Taijitu, the Myro/I-S Delegate ticket, and the various Senators who proposed reform in the Senate, only to be shot down. The Senate and it's oligarchy latched onto power and wasn't willing to change. Frustrated at the Senate's own selfishness we left, and soon afterwards we formed the movement for a new order.

Besides the delegate getting more power what reform did you, PoD, or SD try to attempt?  Pragmia tried the voting reform, but that had nothing to do with selfishness, it had to do with both sides were split.  If you are going to make claims of that magnitude, please cite an example.  Also, I would hardly call it the Conservative Party when it's actions are this extream.
You think our efforts were limited to ourselves? There were plenty of senators not officially affiliated with the Conservative Party of Taijitu, or any of our other groups, that attempted reform. We agreed with them, we applauded their efforts, and in some cases one or more of us gave them our blessing. B9 is the one that stands out the most in my mind at the moment.
He and many others attempted to reform the region by either giving more power to the delegate, barring SC justices and Cabinet members from sitting in the Senate, and voting reform.

Fact is, we all tried to fix the region from within in the system. The apathy, the overabundance of sloth, they all leached off the region via a Senate that was more interested in discussing irrelevancy then letting go of their death grip.
When you try your best to reform the system, and the system won't budge, you have two options; to wash your hands of it all and give up, or do something drastic to change things. We did both.
Fact is, the Senate and the mediocrity it allowed to "flourish" is just as guilty as SD, Prag, PoD, or myself. If you resist the march of change for that long you will be pushed aside.

As for the Conservative Party of Taijitu, well your complaining about the name highlights the tendency of those attached to the old order and their ability to debate the smallest detail while losing site of the bigger picture.

SD didn't name the CPT, I did. And I'm a Canadian. Which means my ideas concerning the ideology of "Conservativism" differs from American ideas. Canadian Conservative thought has its origins in the Loyalist/Tory movement of the late 1700's and early 1800's in Canada and Britain. The Tories believed that more in the King or Queen's hands would balance out the "mob rule" that the House of Commons was susceptible to fall into.
So in that sense, the name Conservative Party of Taijitu was an appropriate name. Of the many reforms we called for, we demanded more power for the Delegate, so he or she could balance out the mob rule of the Senate.
And when the mob is ruling through debates such as an applicant's favourite colour or the Senate's official drink, action needs to be taken. 

Offline Of Crazed

• Let's do this.
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »
The thing is I didn't vote aginst or for some of these reforms because of apathy.  If I didn't vote for it is because I didn't agree with the damn thing.  In fact most senators who were too lazy to vote were kicked out.  The ones left obviously were the ones who cared.

Neutrality is hereby revoked. Invasions and/or raids, as well as "counter invasions", will take place at the discretion of the executive and military branches of government. A doctrine of pre-emptive strike may be adopted in order to deal with perceived and credible threats to our region, or our region's interests, anywhere in the world. The war against the Westwind regime will continue, and will do so, until TNP is under leadership which does not pose a threat.

I quote this because it is the only real given reason for the overthrowing of the old system.  How come no one tried to do this in the old system? 
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Eientei

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »
A doctrine of pre-emptive strike may be adopted in order to deal with perceived and credible threats to our region, or our region's interests, anywhere in the world.

Now that you bring this bit of their platform up, wow.  I'm not going to object to this in NS, because really all I care about is that Taijitu survives and grows.  As a real world doctrine - not so much.  Maybe I'll write something about it in that academy forum that hasn't moved for two months.  Maybe we can even have some debate just for the sake of debate.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2008, 04:08:31 AM »
I am not saying that the senate was the end all be all problem with the region. Most of the discussion has been focused around that, as that seems to be what people were the most concerned with. There were problems with the Executive branch as well, and often times it was not pro active enough both at home, or abroad. There were problems that really, weren't any one's fault, things that just, were.

In the end, as I said before, to make the reforms we thought the region needed, would have taken a very long time, to say the least.

Offline Durnia

• Full of Imperial Mattyness
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
So, err, is anything actually going to happen? Anything?
Nobody of importance.

Offline rk

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2008, 08:50:37 AM »
I honestly wish it was more plain and simple,
I have question is this a constitution that maximizes the power of politicians or minimizes it.

Also Why not make the posiitons like citizen and resident a little more permanent then to be so easily removable, doesn't this open up the gates for some sirious power abuse.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:23:05 AM by rk »