Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Long live the Glorious Revolution!

Author Topic: Request for Arbitration  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
Request for Arbitration
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »
I request arbitration to resolve the dispute between me and Eluvatar because he won't tell me why he is ostracising me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:10:23 PM by Funkadelia »
Niadh Tabaqui Dion Diablessa

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: Request Arbitration
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:46:43 AM »
The Court kindly requests an enumeration of specific grievances and statement of a desired remedy for clarification.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:41:46 AM »
After some confusion, I was able to figure out what was up by reviewing my skype chats. I realize now that I did something quite unkind and unfair. I can't say that I did it unintentionally either, as I can't remember what I was thinking that morning.

What happened began with my creating a Taijitu skype chat before I knew there already was one. Later, I was invited to the one which Letonna had previously started. Still later I ended up getting McMasterdonia to notice this chat, and decided to try turning it into the 'official' one, based on the (incorrect) assumption deadleton (Letonna), CREATOR of that chat, wasn't around. In retrospect I was probably being a control freak. In any case, I had familiarized myself with skype chat controls and decided I would hand out administration privileges for the chat to others who I expected probably wouldn't abuse them -- I decided this was needed because recently I had seen pages and pages of fishmongolia spam in another skype chat (which saw no consequences to the spammers, and severe inconvenience to me because the linux skype client sucks). I made clear that the new chat had a policy against spam.

While I was fiddling with it, I also enabled an option for people to see the chat history when they joined the chat.

I started inviting people a few at a time, I was asked if this was to be the Letonna and Chasmanthe (Lapeirousia) free chat. I had no such intentions, but the subsequent discussion about Lapeirousia's alleged impersonation of EDDIES must have distracted me from this intention somehow and I appear to have invited everyone in the old chat to the new chat except Lapeirousia.

I don't know what I was thinking. Whatever it was, it was wrong. Inviting everyone except for someone is exclusion of them, not simply only inviting those one chooses to invite.

Lapeirousia, I'm sorry. What I did was rude, unkind, and did not reflect the kind of person I want to be nor the kind of community I want Taijitu to be.

PS: It doesn't reflect well on me either that I was oblivious to how I had misstepped. I'm sorry about that as well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:46:11 AM by Eluvatar »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 06:33:45 AM »
Thank you for addressing this.

Apology accepted.

By the by, I apologize for the fishmongolia spam in the TEP chat.  What happened there was, a party changed the flag and I changed it back each time.  So whilst my part in it was wholly defensive, it did serve to antagonize the aggressor, causing it to escalate into a spam battle, of which you were a non-combatant and an unfortunate casualty.  I'm not sure who is creator of the TEP chat to address that problem to though.

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:43:38 PM »
I would like to make clear to the courts that I didn't actually make any of the skype chats. I believe lapeirousia made one of them and eluvatar the other. I was one of the first people invited to the one lapeirousia made however. I also vocally endorsed the idea of us having a skype chat room. Other than that I would like to say I have no involvement in the dispute.

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »
No further grievances, your honor.  Eluvatar apologised for inadvertently ostracising me and I accepted that apology.

I thank the court for its time.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
Re: Request for Arbitration
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »
Admin note: I have split this topic from the main topic of how to request legal arbitration.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline McMasterdonia

Re: Request for Arbitration
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
I'd like to add that y'all are silly.
Ur a towel

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen