Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The more kittens we post, the faster our region prospers; the less kittens we post, the slower our region prospers.

Author Topic: The Éire Crisis  (Read 11339 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: The Éire Crisis
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2007, 12:28:21 AM »
"Oh, stereotyping, like I said earlier. If you don't have any, I apologize for the inconvenience. But I saw a truck pull up through the window, and when two Ozians walk in, it's kind of natural for a Myrorian. Blame it on xenophobia." He said with a chuckle.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2007, 12:53:32 AM »
Popi patted him on the shoulder, "You know Myrori, you're not half bad, want to bunk at my manor instead of these horrible inns?"

Vendecci laughed and said, "Yeah we can show ya the secrets of the Ozian trade."

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2007, 12:56:48 AM »
"Ok," he said after a pause.

"That'd be nice."
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2007, 02:12:52 AM »
The two Ozians got up from their seats. Vendecci smugged his blunt on the disk and left the money and tip on the table. They began to walk back to the house as they talked to the Myrorian, "So Myrorian, where did you live in Myroria? South or North?"

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »
"South. Far south. Very cold down there."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2007, 07:53:49 PM »
"You mean the Lumberjack area? You ever watch Ozian Television? They had a comedy about a Myrorian Lumberjack and he was ok!"

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2007, 10:24:10 PM »
"There are a couple of lumberjacks where I live, but not many. If it was any colder where I live, it'd be a typical Ozian summer." he said jokingly.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2007, 04:13:03 AM »
The two Ozians however didn't find it amusing. They made an awkward silence and plain face as the Myrorian realized what was going on and he started to die down his laughter the Myrorian started to cringe as he thought they were going to kill him. Vendecci said, "Oh you think we're going to kill you now!? Maybe later!"

The Myrorian grew wide eyed.

Popi and Vendecci started laughing even louder as they got to the gate of the manor. Popi said as he unlocked the gate, "Myroria you're a load of something."

Vendecci laughed, "You know we kidding."

They stepped into the manor and then Popi locked the gate again.

"You know this is the only Manor or in Eire that isn't monitored?" mentioned Popi.

Out of the door came two young Ozian women. The Southern Ozian from the boat and the other Ozian woman that was with him. They were both wearing Silk Ozian Robes with their hair tied back.

Vendecci muttered, "oh shit..."

"Hey Vendi you know you missed me!" yelled the southern Ozian woman.

"Hey, did you meet our new friend Myroria? He's a Myrorian, go figure."

"You mean like a lumberjack?"

"Yeah exactly Lucy. A lumberjack. Say why don't you get to know him upstairs, I don't think he'd mind, would he?" Vendecci smiled with the expression that said, 'if you say no I'll fong ya.'

Popi went ahead into his house, "Good luck," and

Then Lucy ran to the Myrorian, "I've never done Laejagi with a Myrorian!"

"It'll just be like those Pai'hulu at home Lucy," Vendecci then walked to the other Ozian woman and they went to the garden that Popi had.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
"So far" Lt. General Johnson said, "they haven't caused to much trouble." He was of course referring to the Myrorian and Eluvatarian observers.
"Good" Timothy Fairfax responded over the hotline.
"I'm stepping up Major-General operations, just to keep tabs on them. What about your soldiers?"

"No order has been given" Johnson continued, "but some individuals have taken it upon themselves to make sure the foreigners don't probe to deeply into the internal security matters of the Commonwealth."

"Excellent. Still, I want you to make it clear not to start shooting. Let the royals collect their reports and go home."
"Understood sir."

"Long Live the Victorious Revolution General."
"Long Live the Victorious Revolution Consul."

Johnson hung up the phone, taking an other sip of scotch.
The doors to the Parliament chamber opened and a single soldier handed the general a blank envelope.
Once the soldier left the general tore it open, revealing two stacks of bills, one Ozian, the other Commonwealth pounds.
"Popi" he said to himself, "you're to good to me."

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2007, 02:10:01 PM »
"I don't think he's coming back" one Councilman said to a Layman*.

"Perhaps we should go find another woman to ask, sire?"

"Yes. Preferably in another pub. There's too many soldiers in here."

OOC: Those are just two ranks of Great House Hanso. The ranks in full are:

Hireling
Retainer
Oathman
Layman
Kinsman
Cousin
Brother
Father
Councilman
Archmaster.

The rest of the Great Houses have similar ranks.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2007, 03:30:09 AM »
Office of the Lord Protector
Consul of Foreign Affairs Destler sat in a chair opposite the desk of Stephen Crofts, the Lord Protector himself sitting in front of a large window overlooking New Beaconsfield, 77mm of bullet-proof glass keeping an assassin's bullet out.

Crofts fingered through a stack of papers on his desk until he came across a piece of paper with the Myrorian Catholic Church's letterhead.
"It says here they consider Christians, Jews, and Muslims holy, but Buddhists, Hindus, and Gaeanists are heretics" the Lord Protector said, after briefly scanning the sheet.

"And?" Destler asked.
"Well it doesn't say anything about Deists. Am I going to heaven or hell?"
"Purgatory maybe" Destler said in a joking manner. "Then again," he continued, "you did end the persecution of Catholics here, maybe they'll let you in for good behaviour."

"Exactly" Crofts said.
"Have this letter sent to the Pope.
Long Live the Victorious Revolution Consul."

"Long Live the Victorious Revolution sir" Destler responded, taking the sealed letter.

-------------------------------------------------------
A lone Inglo-Scotian soldier entered the Vatican's embassy in New Beaconsfield, carrying the sealed letter handed to him by Consul Destler.
"This letter, by the request of Lord Protector Crofts" he said to the clerk at the front desk, "needs to reach his holiness the Pope as soon as possible."

Your Holiness,
It's been five years since we've last spoken. All though I have wanted to contact you to renew the positive relationship between the Commonwealth of Inglo-Scotia and the Mother Church I am slightly disappointed in myself that the first time I reach out to you in half a decade is due to my own selfish needs. Yet these needs cannot be ignored, so I ask for your forgiveness if my request seems presumptuous due to our lack of contact these many years.
As you are probably aware, things in the Commonwealth are not well. We are still working 24 hour days to repair the damage done to our capital city's downtown district by the rebel David Collins.
I am aware the Church has a stance against the death penalty, but alas it is part of our legal code, and Collins' crime against the people of this Commonwealth was paramount to that punishment under our legal code.
Yet the earthly sovereign of the nation the Church is located in has decided to send observers to the Commonwealth, to poke and prod at the Commonwealth's internal affairs. I ask you as a friend of the Church and its followers I am asking you to have the Church to officially condemn the actions of the ÉRA, its leaders, and its followers. 

Thank you for your time,
Stephen Crofts, Commander in Chief of the Commonwealth Armed Forces, Chairman of the Council of State, Member of the Commonwealth Parliament from Cambrington, and Lord Protector of the Commonwealth and its People
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:33:24 AM by Inglo-Scotia »

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »
Stephen Crofts,

The Church, in fact, does support the death penalty for criminals. We do not, however, support the (alleged) torture you used against David Collins. The Church, seeing this bipolar mix of dirty warfare and (alleged) torture, has officially taken the stance of supporting neither side directly. I have made several speeches in Myroria and Ryazania decrying both sides of the civil war you fight, and I am afraid I can make no public statement until one side shows it is less honourable than the other. Either Éireland (as it is known in Myroria) or Inglo-Scotia will have to resort to true horrible acts for us to make a statement. Mayhaps we will communicate again.

His Holiness, The Bishop of Pelagis.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2007, 03:14:21 AM »
Your Holiness,
I understand your predicament. As a staunch supporter of the separation of church and state (Leave what is Kaiser's to Kaiser and what is the Lord's to the Lord), so I accept your decision and will not push the matter. I look forward to seeing you again.
I would just like make it a point that I'm doing what I can to bring order to my country.

Take care and stay well,
Lord Protector Stephen Crofts
-------------------------------------------------------
Trenches just outside of Plymouth, 2000, Inglo-Scotian Civil War (aka "The Victorious Revolution)
Sergeant Alexander Will of the Parliamentary Army ducked as an Imperial shell exploded two trenches behind him. He didn't need to look to know about the carnage that now consumed the soldiers that were unlucky enough to serve as the shell's welcoming committee.
"Fire back you cowards!" he yelled to the Parliamentary gunmen still ducking for cover.
Pulling his Galil close to his chest, he jumped out of the trench, and keeping close to the ground he quickly rolling into the next one.
It was truly a depressing sight. Nothing but thick, grey smoke in any direction. Bullets flew through the air like killer bees determined to suck the life out of you. The trenches were worse. The smell, sight, and wetness of mud just added to the misery. Even the black uniforms of the Parliamentarians were very noticeably dirty.

"Everyone here?" Will yelled over the commotion.
After a quick look around the privates under his command all gave him a general nod of agreement.
"Good. Now lets show these Imperial cunts how it's done!" he yelled, leading the charge out of the trench, his young men following him.
The only indicator that you were getting closer was the faint sight of the red, blue, and white Imperial jack, calmly fluttering in the wind, as if somehow oblivious to the chaos that surrounded it.
The next thing Will knew he was face to face with green-uniformed Imperial soldiers, shooting them point blank. Suddenly his foot slipped on a piece of broken artillery and he on his ass. Just as he was about to get up a green-uniformed body fell into his lap. The boy, he couldn't be more then 18, looked up into Will's eyes, his eyes becoming vacant as death claimed the boy's soul.

Suddenly Will snapped back to 2007. He was no longer a sergeant in the Parliamentary Army. In fact the army he fought in wasn't even called by that name anymore. After Parliament had won the war in 2002 they changed the name to the Commonwealth Army.
Alexander Will was now a colonel in the Major-Generals. The MGs were in charge of running the Relocation Camps the Commonwealth set up in the north of Scotia following the civil war. Will had been given command of the Kieth Hill camp, 50 km north of Perth.
The camps were reserved for political prisoners, and as many as there was never enough of them that they put a strain on the camp's resources.
Now though, with the recent Éire business, it was more then just political prisoners who were arriving at the camps. Almost every adult male Éiren who hadn't been killed in the initial onslaught was being sent north.

There wasn't enough of a population increase to cause an overflowing of the camps, but the camps were getting crowded.
Will knew that with the population as it was something would have to be done if the normal arrival of regular political prisoners was going to continue uninterrupted.
They couldn't just wait for the Éiren men to die, only a few of them were old enough. Most were between 18 and 55 and were generally health. They would be put to work, no doubt, but that didn't solve the population crisis. Besides, having this many able-bodied men under lock and key was just a recipe for disaster.
"Population reduction measures." The term shot through his mind. It was a nice way of saying prisoners, the Éirens no doubt, would have to be killed so the camp could continue to take its normal influx of political prisoners.
"It would probably make sense to take out the young ones first, the 18-35 year olds" he thought to himself as he leaned back in his desk chair, looking over a roster of the camp's inhabitants.
"Kill off the young ones and take the muscle out of any plans for a revolt" he continued in his head.

"Colonel" a voice squawked over the intercom, "you have a call from HQ."
Will picked up the phone, "Colonel Will speaking."

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2007, 01:08:52 PM »
To: Empeurer Peté Tar-Ilium I of Myroria
Prime Minister Steward Beregond ArFinn of the Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar
From: Lord Protector Stephen Crofts of the Commonwealth of Inglo-Scotia

It has been weeks since I allowed your inspectors access to Éire. While I appreciate the concern both your nations have for the safety and well being of Commonwealth citizens, I have to request that your inspectors wrap up any investigations that might be currently undertaking.
The Commonwealth has been been through a lot these past months, and with the damage to New Beaconsfield almost decontaminated we have decided that the time for healing and moving forward has come. We can not do that as a nation with foreign inspectors still on our soil. They will be granted a week and a half to finish up any ongoing investigations, then I must insist that they leave.
Again, thank you both for your concern, but the Commonwealth is ready to move forward. 

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
OOC: Sorry I've been busy with stuff. I'll try to get back ASAP to do the RP I had planned <_<

(click to show/hide)