Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Play forum games in an offensive way, like those of the anti-junta resistance!

Author Topic: I feel sad about the state of things  (Read 13451 times)

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
Re: I feel sad about the state of things
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 11:28:46 PM »
Why are we past the point of political parties?  Aren't they the system that we use to change things?

No. The system that we have to use now that the government is at a 100% standstill is the system of the people deciding to have a new government. Seriously, it doesn't matter anymore if we have a legal system if it's fucking broken.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2013, 02:04:28 AM »
Because 1 political party took all power and was able to use it against other parties. Eliminating parties creates dictatorship, you need 2 or more groups to keep the political discussion alive and dynamic.

There wasn't that much political will to change everything to a dictatorship when you wanted so. I will oppose and I'm sure that's an healthy debate: Patriotic Tyranny vs Participative Democracy.

About IMAGINE, it failed, it had a context, a purpose. There's people here that made it fail, therefore I question their purpose. You don't need to revive IMAGINE to recreate or rebuild it's ideals. Fresh ideas are very welcome.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:22 AM »
I'm awake...

I was hoping eluvatar and myroria would make some rp posts but instead I got stuff about boring politics :C

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »
I'm awake...

I was hoping eluvatar and myroria would make some rp posts but instead I got stuff about boring politics :C

Eluvatar and Myroria have both given up. The game of nationstates is a political simulator. I can get wanting to be an RPer and that's okay but as long as Taijitu still is a nationstates region and has a history, I want to protect it. Sorry you're not interested in the politics Oz.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
Why are we past the point of political parties?  Aren't they the system that we use to change things?

No. The system that we have to use now that the government is at a 100% standstill is the system of the people deciding to have a new government. Seriously, it doesn't matter anymore if we have a legal system if it's fucking broken.

You're going to have to explain why you are incapable of using the current system, because it comes across more like apathy than tangible obstructions.  We can still elect a senate, the senate can propose the amendment and then the referendum will pass the new slimstitution.
Niadh Tabaqui Dion Diablessa

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »

You're going to have to explain why you are incapable of using the current system, because it comes across more like apathy than tangible obstructions.  We can still elect a senate, the senate can propose the amendment and then the referendum will pass the new slimstitution.

If that's the way you want to do things, then go ahead. However, since we have no active Chief Justice and you want to follow the laws, please tell me how we will get elections under way.

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2013, 08:25:39 PM »
The thing about having a legal system is you still have to follow that legal system whether Eluvatar is around or not.

If you lose the legal system you will also lose your treaties as the treaties only recognise the legitimate government of Taijitu.

We will be following the legal system until you prove otherwise.

Here, it seems pretty obvious (if I haven't overlooked something)

(A) The Senate may remove any justice from the Court by a two-thirds majority vote.
(B) If there is a vacancy on the Court, or there will be a vacancy in 14 days, the Delegate may nominate a citizen to be Associate or Chief Justice.
(C) The Court will administer all elections and referendums.
(D) The Senate will be elected once every seven weeks.
(E) All senators will be elected at large by the single transferable vote.
(F) The Senate may propose an amendment to this constitution by a two-thirds majority vote.
(G) A petition to amend this constitution may be submitted to the Senate in the same fashion that a petition would be be brought to a referendum.
(H) The Senate may approve any petition for an amendment by a two-thirds majority vote.
(I) If the Senate proposes an amendment or approves a petition to amend this constitution, a referendum will be held.
(J) If the referendum succeeds, this constitution will be amended.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
Well, if Oz would like to nominate someone for Chief Justice, then I will be willing to stand. The problem is with a vacant Senate, no one is there to confirm the Justice.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
The problem with the Associate Justice or Chief Justice spots is that we have a bar exam to fulfill. It's hard enough that I'm afraid of failing my 2nd try without properly studying for it (which I don't have time for). None of you really passed that bar exam. The only way without bar exams would be that the Delegate propose a substitution and it'd be approved by the senate (which I tried to do but people gave up), but for that you'd still need the Chief Justice to run elections and approve things. Because of deadlocks like these I proposed that the Delegate could run elections to fill inactive gaps in Senate if Chief Justice and Senate are inactive, oh but no, "they" made people come back from their giving-upness to shut the proposition down, then they went back to giving up statuses. You see, things don't really change if people don't keep fighting for what they think is right.

I've made my try before, now I accepted nomination for everything else, lets see when that everything else is useful. :whip:

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »
I think you'll find there are were no less than THREE Senators elected (which is the legal minimum) and they are still senators unless you can prove to me otherwise.  If they are no longer in office they need to now be filled by the person who had the next highest amount of votes.

I agree with Delfos that persistence is necessary.  Adherence to the system need not mean staying still.  Nowhere in the law that I can see does it say the new chief justice must have passed the bar exam.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 12:36:51 AM »
The results have been lost and none of the Senators elected are senators. I lost my citizenship at one point, Letonna has lost his citizenship, And Cozulul has been gone for a while.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »
Eluvatar said he'd help fix things soon, so we will have a Chief Justice.

Offline Lapeirousia

• Foreign Dignitary
    • me=ISFP
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Why do your posts contain so little in the way of facts?

I'm presuming there was an election, why can't you just tell me who was elected?  When and why do you believe that some of those senators are no longer senators?  I maintain they are our senators unless you can prove to me otherwise.  I'm seeing no proof from you.

When do you claim Eluvatar said that?  I see no Eluvatar present (Last post: May 30) can you give a quote?  You are placing far too much reliance on one person when you could be focussing on educating and empowering the people (with information for a start) and moving forward together.

Not just waiting for Eluvatar.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 09:19:54 PM »
Do not tempt me to get back into politics! Instead of a happy elected delegate you'll have sub-commandante Oz, ferocious and terrifying guerrilla terrorist of the pacifics. I would destroy forums, lay waste to communities, and be the most wanted man in all fenda kind! Muahahahahaha.

But seriously, politics are boring. Not sure why people like lying to each other all the time.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 02:43:12 AM »
Why do your posts contain so little in the way of facts?

I'm presuming there was an election, why can't you just tell me who was elected?  When and why do you believe that some of those senators are no longer senators?  I maintain they are our senators unless you can prove to me otherwise.  I'm seeing no proof from you.

When do you claim Eluvatar said that?  I see no Eluvatar present (Last post: May 30) can you give a quote?  You are placing far too much reliance on one person when you could be focussing on educating and empowering the people (with information for a start) and moving forward together.

Not just waiting for Eluvatar.

Steam names redacted, sorry if I don't have timestamp automatically on my steam messages.

*Eluvatar*: will anything terrible happen if I check in in ~8 hours?
*Funkadelia*: nothing particularly terrible
*Eluvatar*: Good, good.

I'm giving you facts. Cozulul, Letonna and I were Senators. All of us lost citizenship at one point or another, voiding our Senatorship. There is an empty Senate. Apparently the only other one running in that election was Zippan, who's nation has also CTE'd.