Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: Founder Nation  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
Founder Nation
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »
Today Taijitu's founder nation briefly CTE'd. Luckily Myroria noticed, was able to recall the password, and got us back up and running fairly quickly.

Though the conclusion to the several-minute saga was sunny, this exposes a problem with our system. Someone should be in charge of logging in regularly to keep the founder nation active.

Online Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Re: Founder Nation
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »
I think Myroria is the guy, he's around and he has access. Thank you for your voluntarism Myroria.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Re: Founder Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »
This is just a symptom of larger inactivity: Of all the 2007 founders who have access to the founder password, myself and St. Oz are the only ones who are currently active to any meaningful extent (St. Oz, according to the 2011 founder election, isn't even an "official" founder. I felt comfortable letting him know the founder password this afternoon due to his long history with the region and his status as a "traditional" founder). That being said, I don't feel comfortable allowing the two of us to be the only ones with access to the founder password. My job gets particularly busy in the winter which means I'll be working longer hours, and though I'm sure I'll be able to log onto the forums at least once a day I'd prefer not to take any chances. I don't know Oz's plans or what his availability looks like in the future but regardless I don't think two founders is enough.

I'd like to open new elections so we can choose Taijis who have been here long enough, and more important Taijis we trust, to have access to the founder password. Though the founder was only out of existence for perhaps 20 minutes this afternoon, I don't want to risk it being non-existant during an update. (As an aside: the "founderless" tag which we automatically got after the founder CTE'd can't be removed; I'm not sure if it will disappear automatically next update but if not this means we will be forever marked as founderless)

I'd also like to open the floor to deciding whether to dissolve Taijitu's government; I've heard interesting remarks from both sides and I think this is a matter we need to settle sooner rather than later. I wouldn't say the Taijitu reboot is "losing steam"; those who are still active seem to be very eager to build the region back up. The bigger problem seems to be inactivity. No matter whether we choose to leave Taijitu's government in its current form or transition to an RP/social region, recruitment must continue.

I have not recruited in at least four years, but my understanding of it is that stamps cost one-tenth of a cent each and need to be used in order to sent TGs to more than six nations at a time. If we have 10,000 stamps (10 USD) and use them all on new telegrams, and if we have a success rate of 0.5%, that's 50 new nations - maybe four or five of whom would actually join the forums. In addition to this we could also recruit outside of NS, especially for the RP community. I'm not really sure how we would go about accomplishing that but I'm very open to ideas.

For now I feel comfortable with myself and Oz having the founder password, but I think the first, and most important, order of business is determining who to share it with. I'd really rather stay on the safe side than risk both of us being gone for a few weeks and the founder dying.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:29:59 AM by Myroria »
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."