Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us make the whole region resound with the song of We Are The Happiest People in NationStates.

Author Topic: June 2011 Delegate Elections: Vote  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
June 2011 Delegate Elections: Vote
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:04:46 AM »
To vote, rank as many or as few of the candidates in the order of your preference, though, since there are only two candidate running this time it is functionally only necessary to state your most preferred candidate (I'm sure the clever ones among you can figure out why this is the case). Anyway, the candidates are as follows:

• Sovereign Dixie with PoD Gunner as Vice Delegate (People's Nationalist Libertarian Front)
  • Eluvatar, with Towlie as Vice Delegate (Progressive Party)

Polls will be closed 48 hours after this thread is posted.

Offline Amy

• Citizen
Re: June 2011 Delegate Elections: Vote
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:52:06 AM »
Abstain.

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:06:17 AM »
SD(PoD)

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »
I wonder why the Senate election thread has more votes in it than the Delegate thread.

Eluvatar (Towlie)
SD (PoD)

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:35:01 PM »
Sovereign Dixie (PoD)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:34:45 PM by Gulliver »

Offline Amy

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
I wonder why the Senate election thread has more votes in it than the Delegate thread.

Maybe because this race was a complete sham? There was only one person really running. Elu ran at the eleventh hour so it wasn't a one man race. All this talk about rebuilding the region etc etc, but effectively this was a one man race. Hence me abstaining. At least with the Senate race, it was a real contest. I haven't had a chance yet to read the various campaign threads which is why I haven't yet voted on that race.

Offline Salty

• Matt
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
Eluvatar
Abstain

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
Abstain.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
SD (PoD)

Eluvatar
Abstain
I've seen you vote here and in the Senatorial thread. If I'm not mistaken one must be a citizen to vote.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:14:25 PM by Inglo-Scotia »

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 01:55:26 AM »
At least with the Senate race, it was a real contest.
But it isn't.  There are three Senate seats, and there are three Senate candidates.  Every one will become a Senator.  The only contest is a pissing one, to see who can gather the most votes, and a later, unconnected contest among the Senators to elect a Speaker, who for the first time in God knows how long won't be Eluvatar.

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Amy

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
But it isn't.  There are three Senate seats, and there are three Senate candidates.  Every one will become a Senator.  The only contest is a pissing one, to see who can gather the most votes, and a later, unconnected contest among the Senators to elect a Speaker, who for the first time in God knows how long won't be Eluvatar.

I totally spaced and thought it was the Speaker election. In that case, wtf was the point in this exercise? One can only hope the next elections have more people running.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
I had expected there to be another candidate for Senate. They did not put themselves forward in time.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 07:30:35 PM »

I totally spaced and thought it was the Speaker election. In that case, wtf was the point in this exercise? One can only hope the next elections have more people running.

The point is so we have some kind of formally mandated government with which we can work forward to a state where we will be able to have more people running in the future. Remember, if you're dissatisfied with the Senate, that's kinda the purpose of the whole referendums system. You could have also chosen to run.

Offline Corgi

• Citizen
  • My hovercraft is full of eels.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Perhaps it should be an interim position with the hopes that the region will become larger and have more active participants.  Then a more active membership can have an election.

I felt like I was barely aware that the region was reviving when suddenly it was election time and there were only returned old timers taking part.

Just my two Brass Tokens.  Not a citizen. 
If you strike a thorn or rose,
Keep a-goin'!
If it hails or if it snows,
Keep a-goin'!
'Taint no use to sit an' whine
When the fish ain't on your line;
Bait your hook an' keep a-tryin'--
Keep a-goin'!

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 07:44:54 PM »
There's no reason to create a special interim office since it's not like the delegate elected now is being elected for life. We'll be holding elections again in seven weeks, and if we've done our work that ones'll be more contested. If not, then we'll have to keep working until the next election. It's quite simple and straightforward, no reason to make a big deal of it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:49:58 PM by Gulliver »