Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us become steel shields that defend the ideals of the Glorious Revolution and Taijituan democracy!

Author Topic: Eluvatar could be Delegate  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Eluvatar could be Delegate
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:06:08 AM »
It is my displeasure to announce my candidacy for Delegate of Taijitu.

I am capable of serving in that capacity. I have done loads of work for Taijitu in the past, and I have even been a Delegate of two other regions previously, in 2004 and in 2008. If you elect me, I will serve and do my best to serve well.

I have never before run for Delegate because I generally prefer to be managed rather than to manage, but I have been 'middle management' in this region before with great success.

I might hate you all forever if you elect me, but that's what the secret ballot is for. And I won't actually hate you all, I might even be flattered. But I will have to figure out how to sleep five hours a day and like it. I may be exaggerating.

My running mate, the candidate for Vice Delegate, is Towlie.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: Eluvatar could be Delegate
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:23:59 AM »
Do you feel shame for making me waste time asking you questions in your failed Senate Campaign thread?

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 04:25:08 AM »
Prag brings up a good point.

Can we get a time refund?

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 04:25:52 AM »
Do you feel shame for making me waste time asking you questions in your failed Senate Campaign thread?
Prag brings up a good point.

Can we get a time refund?

Didn't I answer them? Aren't the answers still relevant? I rest my case.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Towlie

• austri surget iterum
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 04:38:58 AM »
Yes I regret to say that after many hours convening (at gun point) I agreed to be Elu's running mate.  I could do it though. I've always been there for Taijitu, and I'd be there for it as Vice Delegate. I've done good work in the Army. Also much time served as senator in the first incarnation of Taijitu and elected (by default) in the short live second run. I have also agreed the be Eluvatar's whipping boy as in I will keep him on the todo list using any and all whips and other torcher devices available. ALSO IF YOU VOTE FOR US I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, DRAG YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTANT FIELD AND SHOOT YOU.*

*ok might not actually be done but do you want to take that risk
Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. --Lady Astor to Winston Churchill
Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. --His reply
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. --Henny Youngman

Offline Sovereign Dixie

• I regret nothing!
  • Fuck the revolution.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 05:06:08 AM »
Yes I regret to say that after many hours convening (at gun point) I agreed to be Elu's running mate.  I could do it though. I've always been there for Taijitu, and I'd be there for it as Vice Delegate. I've done good work in the Army. Also much time served as senator in the first incarnation of Taijitu and elected (by default) in the short live second run. I have also agreed the be Eluvatar's whipping boy as in I will keep him on the todo list using any and all whips and other torcher devices available. ALSO IF YOU VOTE FOR US I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, DRAG YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISTANT FIELD AND SHOOT YOU.*

*ok might not actually be done but do you want to take that risk

Well Towlie, I don't know you as well as i know some of the others in the region. But that's my own damned fault. I love the avatar though :D

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 06:54:26 AM »
This was unexpected. Since we know each-other well and I have no doubts regarding your competence level and I am involved as SD's running mate, I only have one curiosity to satisfy - what has changed for you in order to grant this different approach to what your involvement in Taijitu is concerned? Now that I come to think of it, you have never been a delegate in Taijitu although you would have probably deserved it more than any other of us, yet I believe that no past delegate would have envisioned her / his work in Taijitu without you as guardian angel.

What Towlie is concerned, he has served under my command well and I am glad to see him around. If you win I'd rather you play the banjo while I get some beef roasted instead you shoot me, in the middle of a distant field. And yeah, the avatar def. is a keeper  :D
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
What does it say about the state of our democracy that I can't think of anything you ask you? Also, are you aware that ballots are currently not secret?

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 06:04:56 AM »
In light of the above, will you spend time during your delegacy finding a way to make ballots secret, without defaulting to the Condorcet-non-compliant forum poll system?

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
This was unexpected. Since we know each-other well and I have no doubts regarding your competence level and I am involved as SD's running mate, I only have one curiosity to satisfy - what has changed for you in order to grant this different approach to what your involvement in Taijitu is concerned? Now that I come to think of it, you have never been a delegate in Taijitu although you would have probably deserved it more than any other of us, yet I believe that no past delegate would have envisioned her / his work in Taijitu without you as guardian angel.

What Towlie is concerned, he has served under my command well and I am glad to see him around. If you win I'd rather you play the banjo while I get some beef roasted instead you shoot me, in the middle of a distant field. And yeah, the avatar def. is a keeper  :D

It was a question of numbers. A certain number was too small.

What does it say about the state of our democracy that I can't think of anything you ask you? Also, are you aware that ballots are currently not secret?

It says that you are unwilling to ask inane questions and unable to ask relevant questions. The latter would lead one to believe that we have yet to run into anything controversial.

I was not aware that the Chief Justice was unwilling to accept privately submitted ballots.

In light of the above, will you spend time during your delegacy finding a way to make ballots secret, without defaulting to the Condorcet-non-compliant forum poll system?

No law prohibits secret ballots, nor requires them. The Chief Justice could even accept secret ballots now.

I would, on completion of Toaster2's voting module, submit that it be used for elections as it would certainly allow for secret ballots.

(click to show/hide)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 05:54:31 AM »
LOL my bad. I didn't realize this run was gonna be so short and that SD was the only one running. Force of habit, eh? Pardon my stupid question, you keep the guardian angel title though.
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
GOOD THING HE USED SUBJUNCTIVE LOL