Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us become steel shields that defend the ideals of the Glorious Revolution and Taijituan democracy!

Author Topic: United Burandan Nations Embassy Request  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
United Burandan Nations Embassy Request
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
EmperorQ/Terrallamus from United Burandan Nations, has placed a formal request for an exchange of embassies between their region and Taijitu. He states:

Embassy Request by the Regional Government of the United Burandan Nations

The United Burandan Nations is a small but prosperous region of 18 nations. We are governed by a regional government of:

Regional Emperor: Q - The Peoples Republic of Terrallamus
Regional Vice Emperor: Margo - The Peoples Republic of Terracheesius

Minister of Immigration: Ben - The Democratic Kingdom of The Paple States
Minister of Finance: Ben - The Democratic Kingdom of The Paple States
Minister of Defence: Q - The Peoples Republic of Terrallamus

Our region is comprised of only democratic, fair nations and we participate in RP regularly. An embassy within Taijitu would be an honour. We would very much like you to consider our request.

Sincerely,

It looks like they've set up a basic Wordpress site about their region's current leadership and have a regional newspaper (the link to which is broken on their NS page so I fixed it here). All RPing appears to occur right on their RMB, most of which is approx. a month old or more.

What do you guys think?

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
Re: United Burandan Nations Embassy Request
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:56:11 PM »
For most regions, I believe that the discussion on the other request (10+ WAs) stands.

I understand some RP communities have various issues with WA nations. If they are billing themselves as primarily RP-based, I will support what the RPers here think (is it high quality work? is there room for cross regional RP events?)

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »
Oh, wow, they actually have a Skype chat!  :P

I'm mostly going to agree with Dyr.  Let them develop a bit and grow an identity, and I'm sure they'll be a good asset to Taijitu.  :)
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »
What Dyr beat us all too, they're quite small right now.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »
That all makes sense! What do you guys say about proposing legislation requiring a certain number of resident WA nations before we will consider an application? Should save us a number of these individual discussions leading to the same conclusion.

I'd go for 10, personally.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 12:35:42 AM »
I'd rather make it a case-by-case. In this case, i agree with you.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 03:51:09 PM »
That all makes sense! What do you guys say about proposing legislation requiring a certain number of resident WA nations before we will consider an application? Should save us a number of these individual discussions leading to the same conclusion.

I'd go for 10, personally.
10 makes sense.  I think this works.
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 06:03:12 PM »
Do we expect we'll get many requests from small regions like this in the future? If so we could legislative a standard for immediate dismissal by the delegate.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 09:19:48 PM »
Do we expect we'll get many requests from small regions like this in the future? If so we could legislative a standard for immediate dismissal by the delegate.

I see requests from tiny regions like this come in on NS several times a week, at which point I send a message instructing them to post on the forum so The Ecclesia can deliberate. We're likely to get many more of these. Legislation on the matter would be quite helpful, save our Citizens a lot of time reviewing requests we'll almost certainly reject anyway.

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »

I see requests from tiny regions like this come in on NS several times a week, at which point I send a message instructing them to post on the forum so The Ecclesia can deliberate. We're likely to get many more of these. Legislation on the matter would be quite helpful, save our Citizens a lot of time reviewing requests we'll almost certainly reject anyway.
If there are that many requests, perhaps it is time for legislation. it would be tedious to debate them all.  :2c:

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »
My concern is that we'll come across as the BIG BULLY until they reach a certain, possibly arbitrary threshold.  This could scare off some possible regions we may actually want contact with.

If we can figure out some compromise, If be happy to hear.
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 05:40:54 PM »
It sounds like that just asking them to post the request on the forums is already a pretty limiting threshold that's keeping us from being too inundated.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »
It sounds like that just asking them to post the request on the forums is already a pretty limiting threshold that's keeping us from being too inundated.

Very true. Of the numerous regions whose representatives I've messaged in this way, only 3 have posted on the forum (assuming I recall correctly).

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 09:06:15 PM »
Then why should we bother with ANOTHER restriction?
--
Sincerely,

Evan C.

Offline The Church of Satan

• Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »

Should we change how we do things because of their laziness or incompetence? Personally, I think not.

Potential clients should PM/Query/Telegram