Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Long live the Glorious Revolution!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Oct. 1 2011  (Read 929 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Oct. 1 2011
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ALL OF THIS, FLIP TO THE TWO FINAL NOTES.

Greetings! The United Defenders League has been developing quite a bit in this past week or so, during such time we've been increasing our embassies to branch out to native communities across  NationStates. I'm also happy to say that we've signed our first security programme with a region and looking forward to providing it with special security provisions and analysis for the future; the region in question has had a rough time in previous months, having been raided twice in the same month, so we're happy to help in any way possible to get their community back on their feet and a bit more secure from external intimidation.

Last week, we watched in anxiety as our friend and fellow merryman, Glen-Rhodes, lost an opportunity to be commended by a NERVE-RACKING conclusion; a 4,585 to 4,583 vote defeat. Nonetheless, a redraft has been submitted and is available to approve here. Our hearts go to Glen-Rhodes in the hopes that he gets the recognition he deserves this time around.

Since raiding activity has been centralized around the Proletariat Coalition, we've been taking the time to improve our forums and our internal workings; getting our own organization prepared for regular spotting of raider activity, designing an operational system and other... really hush hush stuff that I'd have to kill you if I told you about. However we did recently participate along with TITO in a defense of Anarchy from some internal instability (it just occurred to me how silly that phrase sounds beside the region's name), so we weren't completely useless this week to NationStates abroad thankfully.

We did attempt to liberate the Proletariat Coalition, but the general consensus is forty-five or so soldiers that made up the forlorn hope (many of whom were attending their first liberation) were not disciplined enough to combat a formidable foe. Kudos to the Texan military and the Founderless Regions Alliance Rangers for providing troops for that attempt. Nonetheless, the Merrymen along with I, swore an oath to protect the innocent and strive for native salvation even in "the face of intense adversaries,". Last Sunday for us was a nervous first stadium gig; we jittery awoke one morning and found forty people on our communication channel, now that we know it's attainable and within our reach, it's time to hunker down and do it once and for all.

In the past few months I've been really pleased with all the great people that the organization has attracted and this past week has been no exception.  Just to drop a few names: commended players, Ballotonia and Goobergunchia, the South Pacifician Chairman of the Assembly and all around nice guy, Hileville and the well-known generalitie, the Rich-Port have all recently joined. I look forward to working with all them; something that I've learned with defending is these organizations aren't possible without people chipping in and helping out. Perhaps it is written in the very fabric of defending, since one needs an endorsement to defend.

The United Defenders League has a new policy regarding Nazi regions and other regions of obvious social offense, essentially it entails not defending or liberating such regions because many of our members have very reasonable personal problems with helping these regions and even making said missions optional was putting too much pressure on them to attend for my liking as a leader. You can visit the fully policy here. If you're a member of a region that you think may not qualify for support from the United Defenders League under the new policy and are concerned, please contact me via telegram at Unibot II.

TWO FINAL NOTES,
  • THE UNITED DEFENDERS LEAGUE will be organizing its monthly movie-night for tomorrow, October 2nd at 22:00 EDT. Please visit our IRC channel, #udl on Espernet (server) near that time if you wish to attend. Generally the channel is our private military channel, but we open it up for the public for our movie nights. We will be watching the classic (and IMO corny as hell) "The Adventures of Robin Hood" according to a poll conducted among the Merrymen.
  • I'd like to finish each update with a question, so you can chat in this thread about it. Defenders often have to debate moral dilemmas and this was one that was brought up recently....
QUESTION FOR THE THREAD: Some have suggested that if regions like the Proletariat Coalition were not liberated, NationStates overall would be safer, since raiders would be congregated mostly in one region. Would it be 'right' for a defender to refrain from liberating on this basis? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter.

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Oct. 1 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
Thanks for the update.

(click to show/hide)