Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Devote pure conscience to forum maintenance like the martyr Limitless Events!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Mar 03 2012  (Read 881 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Mar 03 2012
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

So, this is our first *real* update in a bit (since we jumped the shark last update), sorry about that, we just got internally busy doing some things. The first thing that happened was something in real life, in fact, Earth (also known as Lyanna Stark), former Chief of Recruitment and current Osiris Pharaoh met me, Unibot, Chief of the Band. We had a nice get-together in Florida and had a fun time attempting to share an IRC account (as UniE!).

<+Blaat> i'm prolife, we should not abort missions!
@Unibot bounces (Earth)
<+Jamie> heh
<@Unibot> ...that came out wrong. O.o
<+Blaat> wait
<+Blaat> if it comes out wrong, put it back in again
<+Blaat> sorry
<+Jamie> O.o
<@Unibot> *Earth whaps Blaat*
+Blaat rubs his cheek, that hurt :)
@Unibot high-fives Blaat
<+Blaat> heh
@Unibot whaps Uni IRL
<+Blaat> masochism?
<+StGeorge> lul
+Solm has weird mental images of Earth and Uni together
<@Unibot> ...I can't win. -Earth.

That marks the first and only time that I will say “hmphies” on IRC. Earth got the full Unibotian experience, including: (1) writing an appeal to the moderators to unban me, (2) tickling me, a lot, I shall add, (3) meeting my incredibly nice parents (apparently they’re nice), (4) watching my expression of “pure horror” when I heard gossip at the dinner-table for the first time (foreign to my natural Canadian inclinations), (5) hearing how to pronounce “sorry” the Canadian (right) way. 

Earth and Uni react to Catholic being raided.

Nonetheless, while I was away having fun in the Sunshine state, things apparently still revolved in NationStates. But like if the Sun had been removed from the galaxy, planets fell out of alignment and crashed into one another. Okay, so, not as dramatic as that, in fact, things ran fairly smoothly amidst my absence. Catholic however was raided by the DENTHEBLACKEUROSHAW monster; there arose several concerns for the natives’ rights and the treatment of the natives – first pressured for their religious beliefs on their Regional Message Board, and then denied their right to return with a password imposed on the region. UDL Lieutenant, Mahaj acted swiftly and drafted a liberation proposal in the World Assembly Security Council, which was recently passed, although antiquated by the raiders’ predictable removal of the password. The liberation prevents a password being imposed again by the raider delegate. Likewise, in the theme of religion, The Black Hawks are currently holding Atheist Empire, which we’ve had one attempt to liberate – we’ll be attempting another during this week.

We recently held a very productive Chiefs of Staff meeting where we decided many new things and I’ve since worked on them. (1) We have a new rank called “Senior Merryman” for those of our merrymen that demonstrate considerable expertise, (2) We will be establishing monthly awards either this month or next month which will cover a range of defender-y things and reward dedication and demonstrations of admirable conduct – our lieutenants will happily hand them out, (3) We’ve decided that having one person as the “Chief of Recruitment” hasn’t been working so great – so we’ve motioned for the creation of the Grand Recruitment Council which will feature some surprising faces (if all goes as planned) and we’ve got some big ideas planned to expand the Greenwood Band to far reaches of the forest. Lastly, congratulations to Earth on her new position as our Chief of Orientation; we’re starting up a new training program on IRC which has been so far a wild success – I’ve heard good things from new merrymen about Earth and her assistants’ classroom.

We’ve had many new members join as of late, former ADN high command, Biyah and former ADN member,  Agamemnon (no, Microsoft Word’s Autocorrect, I do *not* mean AND, I mean ADN.. ugh..) from their awesome home region of Osiris. We’ve also welcomed WA Author, Libraria and Ausitoria, Welsh Cowboy, Cookie Monsters from Canada, Paper Flowers, Barronstan, Unified Provinces, Groundisred, Morphix from Dharma, New Sapienta, Nigel Farage from United Kingdom. As well as our newest Evil Condemned™ Slave-Trader, Greater Tezdrian, Jahka from Europeia and Tzeentch from the Ascendancy. In addition to our new members from NS-Sports: Ipeland, The Kangaroo Republic and Yesopalitha.

Lastly, in the Defender Awards 2012, UDL members have been racking up lots of nominations.  Some of the more interesting nominations: (1) Defender of the Year features Eluvatar and myself in competition (MUHAHAHA), (2) The UDL has been nominated for Defender Group of the Year and Newcomer of the Year, (3) I think this marks the first time that a two-time winner of the NS World Cup has also been nominated for Newcomer of the Year (Zwangzug!), (4) Ballotonia, Goobergunchia, Harmoneia and Spartzerium (in order of seniority AND also alphabetical.. boo yea!) have all be nominated for a Lifetime Achievement Award, (5) I am the first time someone has been nominated for “Meltdown of the Year” and Defender of the Year, (6) Christopher Plummer has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Much to my shagrin, we’re all facing steep competition from TITO, FRA, UK and RRO defenders in various categories – nonetheless, the coveted award ceremonies kicks off voting in the next week or two.

Oh and Movie Night is next Saturday at 10 PM EST. I have no idea what we’re watching, but it’ll be fun. All are invited.

And pardon my indulgence, but here is your Moment of Zen:

<+New_Emperica> OMG ITS UNIBOT!
<@Unibot> ^_^
* +New_Emperica freaks out like a little fanboy.
<@Unibot> Hi!
<+New_Emperica> Hi.
<@Earth> d'aw. :P
<@Unibot> This is your first liberation, correct?
<+New_Emperica> Da.
<@Unibot> You're going to do fine.
<+New_Emperica> If push comes to shove, I have a lead pipe, some gasoline, and a pissed off cat that can be dumped on a guy's head at any time.
<+New_Emperica> I like meeting Unibot.
<@Mahaj> <New_Emperica> I like meeting Unibot.  <--Uni's gonna post that quote everywhere i swear to god
 <+New_Emperica> Yes, he will.
<+New_Emperica> And I'll get to be quoted by Uni.
@Earth hides behind Uni.
+New_Emperica fantasizes.

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot