Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The more kittens we post, the faster our region prospers; the less kittens we post, the slower our region prospers.

Author Topic: Re: Taijitu v. Govindia  (Read 15680 times)

Offline Govindia

• Banned
    • My Primary LJ
Re: Taijitu v. Govindia
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
Care to explain?  ???

Osa, check the TNP embassy, or their forum
United States of Arvengovi - Citizenship obtained 8 Aug. 2007!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ambassador to The Exodus (14 Aug. 2007 - 14 Oct. 2007)

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 06:05:31 PM »
I was under the impression Khablan would not be sitting on this case as a justice since she was confirmed only after the docket was brought to court?

If that is not the case, than I request, through Pragmia, that Khablan also recuse herself from this case, and that justices that are viewed by BOTH sides as fair and impartial are temporarily appointed to replace both.
Translation, you want to stack the court with people who will find you innocent. If you've made such a mess of your stay here that even the Justices can't stand you, what does that say?

Offline Solnath

• Solus Victor
  • Pamfu desu!
Re: Re: Taijitu v. Govindia
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2007, 08:22:08 PM »
That the Justices lack infinite patience? O:-)
Neutral Evil

Offline Govindia

• Banned
    • My Primary LJ
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »
I was under the impression Khablan would not be sitting on this case as a justice since she was confirmed only after the docket was brought to court?

If that is not the case, than I request, through Pragmia, that Khablan also recuse herself from this case, and that justices that are viewed by BOTH sides as fair and impartial are temporarily appointed to replace both.
Translation, you want to stack the court with people who will find you innocent. If you've made such a mess of your stay here that even the Justices can't stand you, what does that say?

I never said that.  I only want impartial justices.  I can't even see what evidence was present yet.

Offline Durnia

• Full of Imperial Mattyness
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »
If you can find someone who doesn't like you, then wow.
Nobody of importance.

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 12:17:39 AM »

Interesting: that was my take on this newest request too.  Wonder what Eluvatar thinks...

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Trey

• ^ The best film almost no one saw in the 2000s.
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 05:45:18 AM »
If you can find someone who doesn't like you, then wow.

You know, I'm pretty much ambivalent towards Govindia.  I really don't care one way or the other, since all I know about him is what he looks like (from the Pictures thread).  I know I'm not even a Senator anymore, and I'm not sure what the full rules are for this, but, if I qualify, I'm open.

Two issues, though...I am not able to access the IRC (for some strange reason), and I won't have computer access until next Monday.  However, at the rate this trial is going, that might be fine.
"I believe every single person is extraordinary. The tragedy is that we
have a society where too many people never get to fulfill that
extraordinary potential. My view – the liberal view – is that
government’s job is to help them to do it. Not to tell people how to
live their lives. But to make their choices possible, to release their
potential, no matter who they are. The way to do that is to take power away from those who hoard it. To challenge vested interests. To break down privilege. To clear out the bottlenecks in our society that block opportunity and block progress. And so give everyone a chance to live the life they want." - Nick Clegg, Leader of the Liberal Democrats and Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 12:52:06 PM »
If indeed another Justice becomes necessary, I will offer my services as such.  If not, best of luck to all involved.

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »
I believe I have the right to request how I want the trial conducted.
I personally believe that you cannot request how the trial is to be conducted. You can but make a request that can be approved or denied.

If you cannot access IRC then the trial can be conducted in here, although an IRC trial would have been far more operative.

This is a Court procedure and citizens will have access to the public statement once the case is over. The transparency of the judicial act doesn't mean that it would need to be conducted in plain view. We are not conducting public trials, as far as I know. I personally do not have a problem with it. I also strongly protest against Govindia's attempts to discredit the Judges of Taijitu. If Durnia has recused himself in order to speed the process, Khablan has been one of the Taijituans who has showed you the most understanding. I don't think that she (or Durnia for that matter) is not able to judge based upon evidence and be objective, as you are implying.

I urge the esteemed Court to regulate the proceedings and get this trial underway, the poisoning of the atmosphere here in Taijitu by this malicious persona shouldn't be allowed to go on.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:54:27 PM by PoD Gunner »
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Flemingovia

• Official Taijitu Minister of Apathy
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
it is not for you to appoint justices, or to veto their appointment. That is the domain of the delegate and the Senate. For you to attempt to do so is greatly to overstep the rights of a defendant in this or any other case.

Everyone has personal opinions in life. The fact that certain individuals are appointed as justices means that the region trusts them to put personal opinions to one side and judge fairly and impartially. I feel that a judge should recuse themselves only when they have material involvement in the case, not because the prosecution or defence feels they have "personal opinions". If a judge cannot put personal opinions to one side, they should not be on the bench, period. I believe all our justices (including Durnia) to be capable of dispensing justice well and fairly.

I hardly need to add that during my last few days as delegate I will not be appointing any judges to pander to the whim of a defendant.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 04:59:44 PM by Flemingovia »

Offline Govindia

• Banned
    • My Primary LJ
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »
Already one justice has recused themselves though, so a replacement will need to be done at least for the, for this trial.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 06:29:58 PM »
Well, we still have 3 confirmed Justices Govindia, the minimum number needed to hold a trial. I personally suggest that you take those three so that this thing can get underway.

Offline Templarios

• My Nation
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 04:18:26 PM »
If i can help, i would stand in as Justice for this trial as I've missed this whole episode so believe i have no bias as long as i qualify.
*Disclaimer*
In my above post, I did not intend to offend or upset anyone. If you were so, I deeply apologise.

Citzen since 08.10.07 ¦ Senator since 08.12.07 ¦ Second Speaker pro-Temp.

My Nations Stats  ¦ Standing Order - Views Only ¦ Knight's International Church Bank

Wiki Page

Offline Novus_Parco

• Presidente Michele d'Annunzio
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2007, 08:35:50 PM »
If i can help, i would stand in as Justice for this trial as I've missed this whole episode so believe i have no bias as long as i qualify.
I don't think that'll be necessary....

Well, we still have 3 confirmed Justices Govindia, the minimum number needed to hold a trial. I personally suggest that you take those three so that this thing can get underway.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 01:47:15 PM »
In my opinion the power to recuse a Justice for bias should only be necessary if maybe I was a Justice in Govindia's case. I've been more prejudicial and biased towards him than basically anyone else on this Forum. Durnia in my opinion was a good choice but you traded him in for Khab. If you recuse again I feel the Justices might appoint myself as a substitute just to smite you. Hell Govindia, I don't even know why you bother with this trial... Even if you did win why would you go back to a place where more than half of the people despise you. The evidence may or may not pin you as a criminal but you will always be a Forum Crasher. I've never in my 3 years of NS playing seen such a disturbing figure in a region. The fact that a large group of people went out of their ways to send you to trial is another thing and now you act as if you want to control the whole place. Govindia, there's a point to which you argue your rights of Democracy to just being a little brat that cries for candy at the grocery store. I don't know if you've noticed but we're not under the Constitution of America or the Constitution of Govindia, so stop your grievances and endless taunts, rants, flames, whining, bratting, ganking, and downright bitching. Just face the evidence, face the court, and face the decision already. I think everyone in this region including myself are capable of not contributing their bias in any case. However if I do see someone contribute bias in their case I might get a little angry about, I might choke... you never know!