Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: The Taijitu Map  (Read 74220 times)

Re: The Taijitu Map
« Reply #510 on: May 01, 2007, 04:46:58 PM »
you don't necessarily need the map to RP. You can just refer to your cities and regions and events (if you're RP'ing internally) and you can build a lot of your nation (factbook, corporations, government, military) without actually having to show the map. Plus, I've found the more open ended you leave things, the easier it is to RP (which is why I leave a lot of my history vague, I just have a hard time naming new cities, ships, and bases because there is nothing historical to name after  :)).
by the order of Anthony J. Washington, President of the Mercantilist States

Wiki|News|Department of Commerce|NationStates Page|Factbook

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #511 on: May 01, 2007, 04:55:26 PM »
my history explains the differences, to explain it better i need the map in actual size to know things such as areas the tribes conquered etc. For example, Communists are mainly in the south, sub-tropic part, and are a bit more than half of my region, where the central area is less partial, having influences from both northen area and southern area. While there's 'desert tribes' like the RL Tuareg and Taliban in northen country, and the own a fair bit of the deserts, while theres a larger area that was influenced by a strong military sultany in the past, and they are mostly muslims. If i dont have the map defined, i dont know how much area those people have, plus there will be references with cultural mix with northen Annabe, there's swedish speaking white people aside the desert tribes!

this will also influence our international influence. the tribes are armed by someone :p we do not produce or sell weapons (yet).

i need to at least know i can use that map.

« Reply #512 on: May 01, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
you just established where people and things were without a map, and you can start an RP based with those facts such as having tribes fighting or tribal leaders meeting (but I feel your pain and do know how difficult it is to RP without a map). Unfortunately only oz knows his system of allocation, so none of us can give you the go ahead.

[/spam]
by the order of Anthony J. Washington, President of the Mercantilist States

Wiki|News|Department of Commerce|NationStates Page|Factbook

Offline Solnath

• Solus Victor
  • Pamfu desu!
« Reply #513 on: May 01, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »
i chose a small map anyway, my NS nation counts 395 million population, if compared to real world, my map is totally acceptable.

I might be being the Devil's Advocate for no reason but this should prove to be a quite useful link.
Neutral Evil

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #514 on: May 01, 2007, 05:49:28 PM »
lol according to that map i should have something larger than USA, i wouldn't like my map bigger, but if it's required to be smaller i'll have to accept it, but be it in the eastern border, swallower towards the sea, i dont want my north and northeastern border to be disrupted, nor my sea border.

thanks for the tip mercantilist. i think i'll do that.

anyway:

here's my detailed map, and i could not like to change it, but anyway it's saved in photoshop, if i do have to change it i will:

double star is capital: Delfingrado
stars are region capitals: Bud'yiengrado, Sbbasburg, Kaziev, Muharraf

dots are important cities, for example: Sharjah is has a huge sea port. Nearby is Al-Birkah, a testing ground for airplanes, also huge airport. Zabid, near Annabe's frontier, are lil devils, they will build great things but also very destructive things :p. Theres something else mysterious in Kujsk. Boyengrado is where communism bornt in New Delfos, a guy called Sullon Boyenivish fought the catholic tyranny, it is explained in my history (havent posted yet because it involves maps). The Virit Line mentioned as landmark, is a very long almost destroyed wall, belonging to the long destroyed Virit Empire, somewhat like the RW Mongol Empire (also explained in my history). Navirsk is also another great port, linking my nation to the west, and so on...

hope i dont have to change my map  O:-) what am i gonna do? :shrug:

Offline Latagon

« Reply #515 on: May 03, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
I'd like a place on the map please.

My nation is http://www.nationstates.net/hasadon

I'd like a spot, 1500 across and 500 down.

Right, about, here.

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #516 on: May 04, 2007, 03:32:16 PM »
This RP is just getting started (though my posts on it will slow down now) and will continue into the start of the War. It will have more territorial expansions via Indian treaties, Indian influencing, and (later) Indian conquering. Think USA fucking the American Indians, or the British East India Company fucking India.

You do that, you get fucked yourself.  Don't you know where that's next to? :-P

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #517 on: May 04, 2007, 08:05:36 PM »
Wo, how you make that nice map Delfos?
"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline Nobody

« Reply #518 on: May 04, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »
I would like to have a map next to my ally Talstadt.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #519 on: May 04, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
secret, lol, just used photoshop :p wanna know detailed info just send me a PM

ANYWAY! i need to know if i can officially use that map for christ god and allah sake!

Offline Musachanage

• Collect some stars to shine for you.
« Reply #520 on: May 05, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »
I'm not the kind of guy that's in a hurry, but I'm starting to agree with Delfy... Not to rush you or anything.
Freedom is to be able to go in any direction... So take the uncertain path.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #521 on: May 07, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
I don't know... maybe I should punish those people who were spamming my thread...

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #522 on: May 07, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »
you should give them tiny countries on my continent right next to me, i'll rape em for you oz.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline tak

« Reply #523 on: May 07, 2007, 02:37:13 AM »
May I have the following strip as specified in the following thread?

http://forum.taijitu.org/general-roleplay/takasia-canal/msg40027/#msg40027

Map:

What happened to my tiny part here?  :-[

Offline Algerianbania

• Resident Panda
  • Enemies: Fish, Tacos, and Soly
« Reply #524 on: May 07, 2007, 02:47:48 AM »
May I have the following strip as specified in the following thread?

http://forum.taijitu.org/general-roleplay/takasia-canal/msg40027/#msg40027

Map:

What happened to my tiny part here?  :-[

It was raped by PUR!

Sorry. Had to do it. No more spam.
Member of the Order of the Gryphons, Senator of Taijitu, Ambassador to The North Pacific, Deputy MoEA of The North Pacific, Member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific
--------------------------------
It's the chaos fetish theory.  As soon as you think of it, it automatically exists.
--------------------------------
If you have a proplem, blame Soly.