Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: Daily Poll: Moola  (Read 918 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Daily Poll: Moola
« on: August 31, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »
VOTE DAMMIT.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Re: Daily Poll: Moola
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:02:07 PM »
Pshh I already feel alone and isolated as a broke mofo, I very much doubt being a rich mofo would make that worse.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Online Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »
since I'd like to invest, I think maybe I'd have a different reaction from what he's having. I hate, distrust, dislike most of my surviving family (I gotta end the rest of them), and they don't respond very well so I doubt I'd have any improvement of that...maybe I'd employ my loony aunt so she'll stop saying she doesn't contribute bc she's often without a job or have money related issues, LIKE I DON'T!

Anyway, yeah my situation isn't that great atm, I doubt it'd be worse if I got them big bucks, probably similar to Khem's predicament.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »
Though I would be thrilled to not only abandon worries about starving or becoming homeless but also to have the means to help a lot of people, that amount of money comes with some unique problems. It would be difficult to wonder all the time if the people around you really care or if they just want to get in good with the rich bitch. Fighting off constant demands for your money/attention from complete strangers sounds exhausting, too.

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »
Though I would be thrilled to not only abandon worries about starving or becoming homeless but also to have the means to help a lot of people, that amount of money comes with some unique problems. It would be difficult to wonder all the time if the people around you really care or if they just want to get in good with the rich bitch. Fighting off constant demands for your money/attention from complete strangers sounds exhausting, too.

My thoughts as well.  If I ever become ridiculously wealthy, I will immediately write down the names of every single person I consider friends and then keep that list.  As some invariably become money-grubbers, I will cross them off the list.  Since I will be starting with like two people, that shouldn't take long.  :D

Anyway, I think I could handle it.  If you think I'm just kidding myself, please send a check for $2.5 billion and prove me wrong.

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
What you have to focus on, is what you want out of life. I think the hardest part is to mantain anonymity. If people don't know you are rich, you can go on living a normal life. I have no great desire to do a lot of these things rich people seems to be doing and I don't really care to "have it all". The real hard task in life is to find someone you can love and trust as a father to your kids. If I can crack that, I can crack anything!  :P

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »
Good luck acquiring billions of dollars without anyone noticing. :P

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »
Woe is him, Jesus, just donate it all or something. Start a tech boom in a third world country. Boohoo, my mansion makes me so lonely

Offline Orristania

• Citizen-Liaison
  • Feel the Bern
    • Orristania
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 01:35:01 AM »
Option 3

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 04:40:02 PM »
Woe is him, Jesus, just donate it all or something. Start a tech boom in a third world country. Boohoo, my mansion makes me so lonely

LoL, true. I thought someone would respond this way. And I thought that someone would be you.  ;D

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »

LoL, true. I thought someone would respond this way. And I thought that someone would be you.  ;D

:D

Offline The Empire

• Glory to the dark gods!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 12:02:07 PM »
Me buying and restoring a vintage armoured fighting vehicle along with a semi-remote plot of land to build my own style of energy neutral home would go some way towards reducing unwellcome attention.

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower