Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: If a neighbor is in need of revolutionary rehabilitation, report it to the Citizen-Liaision!

Author Topic: Daily Poll: Marriage  (Read 1089 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Daily Poll: Marriage
« on: August 01, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »
VOTE DAMMIT.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
Re: Daily Poll: Marriage
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:44:14 PM »
NEW DAILY POLL: IS BBB GLOATING AT US THROUGH DAILY POLLS?
Y/N

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »
Share? wtf? Just don't marry.

Y/N
Y

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
Y/N

Probably.   :D

Quote from: Delfos
Share? wtf? Just don't marry.

Yeah, I meant lots of people are happily un-married - was just acknowledging that a vote for "No" shouldn't imply one is unhappy.

Offline The Empire

• Glory to the dark gods!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »
Not married but engaged since 4 years, will to 99% likelyhood be a secular wedding when we can afford the party after.
Would have liked to be able to have a legally recognised poly marriage in case one or several more comes along for either of us.

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:39:57 AM »
Y/N
Yes

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »
I'm not unhappy, they never tell you that you're marrying your mother-in-law.

Offline The Empire

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »

I'm not :D Because that hag has been ejected out of both our lives for more than four years and counting :)

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »

I'm not :D Because that hag has been ejected out of both our lives for more than four years and counting :)

"ejected", did you kill her?

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
Not married but engaged since 4 years, will to 99% likelyhood be a secular wedding when we can afford the party after.
Would have liked to be able to have a legally recognised poly marriage in case one or several more comes along for either of us.

Interesting!
Have you seriously considered a poly-marriage?

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »

Have you ever read the "Worlds" series by Joe Haldeman?  There is a lot of poly marriages and such - societal norms are quite different.  Plus it's a good sci-fi story.

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »

Have you ever read the "Worlds" series by Joe Haldeman?  There is a lot of poly marriages and such - societal norms are quite different.  Plus it's a good sci-fi story.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Offline The Empire

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »

No, but she's essentially trapped in her apartment, living off wellfare 700km away from us due to technophobia and other mental and physical issues and has no means to locate us without asking strangers for help (which she has a phobia of doing) So as my SO sent a letter to her cutting all bonds and switching SIM-card in the phone, all ties were cut.

And yes Lindi' that has been discussed in my current relationship and would be an option if it'd be legal by the time we found more people to love. (Though kids/steph kids are out of the question anyway)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 08:44:09 PM »

No, but she's essentially trapped in her apartment, living off wellfare 700km away from us due to technophobia and other mental and physical issues and has no means to locate us without asking strangers for help (which she has a phobia of doing) So as my SO sent a letter to her cutting all bonds and switching SIM-card in the phone, all ties were cut.

And yes Lindi' that has been discussed in my current relationship and would be an option if it'd be legal by the time we found more people to love. (Though kids/steph kids are out of the question anyway)

Oh wow...that is nasty, leaving someone disabled alone and away from her daughter. I wish I could do the same to my mother-in-law.

Offline The Empire

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 11:05:05 PM »

Oh wow...that is nasty, leaving someone disabled alone and away from her daughter. I wish I could do the same to my mother-in-law.

Well, that's the only way to deal with a Clinical sociopath with severe narcisism short of a bullet to the head...