Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The arteries of Taijitu run not with blood, but with kittens!

Author Topic: Daily Poll: Essays  (Read 1112 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Daily Poll: Essays
« on: September 18, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
VOTE DAMMIT

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
Re: Daily Poll: Essays
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »
That someone being you?  Yay!!!

Or perhaps that someone could be me; I'm absolutely up to it, and I already have a great topic to write about.  Keep in mind that I would also post the essay on Medium and Reddit.  :)
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Wast

• Citizen
  • Will post an RP once I finish that novel
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
I would probably fall into the third category but I chose the first  :h: :h:. My brain is too small to write anything intelligible, but I do love serious discussion.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »
I would probably fall into the third category but I chose the first  :h: :h:. My brain is too small to write anything intelligible, but I do love serious discussion.

seriouswast

Offline Wast

• Citizen
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »
I was thinking about bringing back SeriousWast.

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 01:47:36 AM »
That someone being you?  Yay!!!

Or perhaps that someone could be me; I'm absolutely up to it, and I already have a great topic to write about.  Keep in mind that I would also post the essay on Medium and Reddit.  :)

There are lots of thoughts that rattle about in my head.

What about that university thing we had on here: the Limitless Memorial Lecture Hall - since there's next to nothing in it, I have no idea whether it's RP or not. If it's not, that would be a cool place for prospective essayists and/or conversationalists and/or Serious Wast - though any place is a good place for any kind of Wast!   ;D

Offline Wast

• Citizen
    • www.wast.biz
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »
It's used for posting lectures about various topics. I think the Lecture Hall would be a great place to post/discuss essays (superseding the debate hall subforum here in general discussion that hasn't been used in three years).

Offline Solclquial

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »
I came to Taijitu to write stories, not have debates. But the circumstances will still vary so I may post a slight aside or jab for the discussion.

"I do not care how brave a president is; I do not care how many medals he may wear. I do not care how well trained his guards may be. If he violates the will of the people, he shall be eliminated." - Ferdinand Marcos

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
I came to Taijitu to write stories, not have debates.

I hear you - that why I was suggesting a forum specifically for those "in the mood" to discuss.  If you don't want to get involved, you can easily steer clear of the area.  Maybe an agreement that the discussions would not spill over into the other forums?  We might want to write down an unwritten rule.

Offline Solclquial

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »
I hear you - that why I was suggesting a forum specifically for those "in the mood" to discuss. 

But doesn't a forum category for heavy-handed topics far outside the story building scope already exist? If it doesn't, and a vote is called for one, I'll agree.

Maybe an agreement that the discussions would not spill over into the other forums?  We might want to write down an unwritten rule.

I thought it was an actual rule that out-of-topic conversations in a thread weren't allowed. If it's not a rule, it should be.

"I do not care how brave a president is; I do not care how many medals he may wear. I do not care how well trained his guards may be. If he violates the will of the people, he shall be eliminated." - Ferdinand Marcos