Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us become steel shields that defend the ideals of the Glorious Revolution and Taijituan democracy!

Author Topic: Daily Poll: 100 Million  (Read 1447 times)

Offline bigbaldben

• The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
Daily Poll: 100 Million
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:26:52 PM »
Vote dammit.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
Re: Daily Poll: 100 Million
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:11:22 PM »
I'd donate the majority to charity, keeping enough left over to start or take over a business that'd (hopefully) keep me afloat going forward. Perhaps I'd invest in real estate.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »
Self sustaining hobbit hole with food forest.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »
I would use it to pay off debt, give to charity, invest in some stock, and start a business with the rest.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »
I would use it to pay off debt, give to charity, invest in some stock, and start a business with the rest.

Money evaporates fast when you have a lot...

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
  • MTB-girl, music lover, book-worm, ice-cream maniac
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 11:43:09 PM »
House.
With such a silly amount of money, one's life can be whatever one wishes for.
As for FIRST (#1) purchase, I chose a house, a base for my further developement of my life. I would build it in a spot where I have access to my own water source and where I can be self-sufficient in energy, preferably solar panels, but wind energy is fine too. A completely recyclable house, where all waste (as far as possible) will be re-used and with a greenhouse that can provide basic vegetables.

After that I would probably use my fortune to fight for those less fortunate, for women's rights, for democracy, the limitation of governmental power and for freedom of the individual in general.

Ahh, all that wishful thinking...

Offline Red Mones

• Citizen-Initiator
  • Minister of Corruption
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 12:03:14 AM »
After that I would probably use my fortune to fight for those less fortunate, for women's rights, for democracy, the limitation of governmental power and for freedom of the individual in general.
Wow, the rest of us spent it on ourselves. How selfish of us.

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 12:27:29 AM »
Wow, the rest of us spent it on ourselves. How selfish of us.
Well, I'm sort of selfish myself. I am interested in these things, so given that kind of asset, I would persue my interests. Having said that, I would probably spend some on educating myself, but with no specific exam in mind, just to read up on what I am interested in. I would probably also create some scheme to make money so I could survive even if my enemies came down hard on me. (wich they probably would, if I threatened their power and money-grabbing)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 12:50:34 AM »
well I'd like to have a factory, that way I can also "have" a commune of workers and help them in my ability (better than Schindler I promise), and have my self-centered career option going (which isn't owning a factory, but owning a factory is a humongus plus to a Designer). Hopefully I'd be able to keep generating money to eternity, but I'd likely never be rich bc I'd always be spending it.

I'd give some money away to various things but not donate too much, my enterpreneurings would likely take up most of it which would be in a way helping people, creating jobs and whatnot.

If it was possible I'd like to build an arts school where I live and be awesome and inclusive. (We have an arts university where I live, but no "artistic education" highschool). The best we have is in Lisbon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escola_Secund%C3%A1ria_Art%C3%ADstica_Ant%C3%B3nio_Arroio

I'd invite Nikki to flash that cash as well.

Offline Lindisfarne

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 02:09:47 AM »
Art school - of course! I'll add that too! :P

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 06:54:01 AM »
Pffft, Like I'd ever donate it (except for tax reasons).

But then I'll just donate to my own organization with a 15% overhead like bill gates does (I don't know if he actually does that)

Offline The Empire

• Glory to the dark gods!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 08:15:28 AM »
I'd instantly buy a property on my island of birth and build a house of my own basic design on it. Self sufficient on renewable power with a gas fuel steam turbine for backup, and with a soil-free subterranean greenhouse.
Second I'd pay off all my loans and then buy a vintage tank. The remaining money would be invested into world-improving research.

Join the Word Bearer legion and brin glory to the dark gods! Taijitu stalker extraordinaire - no Taijituan presses a key without my knowledge, Resident Cannibal - I prefer females, Resident ginormous dragon - It is not a good idea to mess with a dragon who is packing heavy firepower

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »
ah, speaking of energy, I live in a place that geothermal well is a likely winner.

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 06:09:39 PM »
Lunch.