Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Post a large number of kitten macros and .gifs so that no space on the forum is left bare!

Author Topic: Exploratory Committee  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: Exploratory Committee
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »
My apologies.

Expect a report within 10 hours.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
Sir,

There are several matters to explore when deciding whether to put oneself forward as a candidate for Progressive candidate for Senate. To whit, one must decide whether one believes one is ready, one believes the party believes one is ready, and whether one believes the citizens as a body politic believe one is ready.

This analyst cannot truly answer whether you yourself believe yourself to be ready, but signs point to yes. Your known competence, your willingness to speak in your own favour when establishing this committee, and your diligence in exploring this possibility all suggest you know yourself to be ready for the role of Senator of Taijitu.

One must of course consider the body of membership of the Progressive Party of this region. You are not particularly well known to Dyr Nasad, Myroria, or Towlie. You are however quite well acquainted with Bourbon Spirit, Cozulul, Eluvatar, Gulliver, and Wast. The members who are less well acquainted with you, however, are close to many of those who do know you, so I am certain that the Party as a whole is quite confident in you.

Finally, there is the question of the overall body politic of Taijitu. I cannot be certain as to whether you would, as Progressive Party candidate, win a seat. It would depend on the turnout, and on how the Progressive Party's recommended ranking is resolved by the vote in the primary. It does appear clear that at least one seat will indeed be contested. That said, I am sure that if you did not win that Senate seat, it would not be because of lack of confidence in your abilities by the electorate -- I think that it may happen simply due to even greater confidence in our former Minister of External Affairs, Letonna.

It is the recommendation of this member of your Exploratory Committee that you stand for Senate. I am reasonably sure you would win a nomination slot from the Progressive Party, and that alone is worth the effort, as I see it.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance and apologies for my tardiness.

(click to show/hide)

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
Thank you for your response Eluvatar. I truly appreciate it. I have already decided to stand for Senate, but I thank you for the recommendation. You have given me some interesting points to think on, the primaries are not far away, yet it is clear that I have more campaigning to do.

Much to think on. Again, thanks for your response.
Ur a towel

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:57 AM »
Thank you again Eluvatar for your involvement in my Exploratory Committee. Now to fight to win the Senate Election.
Ur a towel

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
I would advise working with the Spokesperson (Myroria) on ProP campaign material, including a 1000 character blurb, and possibly also developing your own.

(click to show/hide)

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
Thanks Eluvatar. Will do :)
Ur a towel