Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: Taijitu Greater War  (Read 13783 times)

Offline Aquatoria

• For King and Country
Re: Taijitu Greater War
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2015, 12:57:42 AM »
Keras would have to be hit first and early by Al'Khem. There is no way the Khemish will be able to land troops in Ozia which I imagine would be more of a naval war in the islands, without having Keras in their pocket. I will also agree to being a protectorate of Ozia, but after the war and the efforts of the Free Keran Forces spearheading the war in southern Ozia becomes more independent and self-reliant. Similar to the relationship between the United States and the Phillipines before and after the Second World War. I would even accept an Ozian general leading the Keran Self-Defense Forces until the occupation.
Article II: The Legislative

4. The Senate shall have the power to remove the Delegate or Vice Delegate from office if they in their opinion have violated the Constitution and laws of Taijitu, broken their oath or failed to fulfill their duties, by a two-thirds majority vote.

"YES WE CAN!" Barack Obama 2007

Offline Solclquial

• Citizen
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2015, 03:17:02 AM »
I heavily support the new update since the strained relations between MTO and Camarkosan (let's call FMEotP that, if using the IRL name is too much) will be a good lead-up and backstory to the Coup series.

"I do not care how brave a president is; I do not care how many medals he may wear. I do not care how well trained his guards may be. If he violates the will of the people, he shall be eliminated." - Ferdinand Marcos

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:15 AM »
Keras would have to be hit first and early by Al'Khem. There is no way the Khemish will be able to land troops in Ozia which I imagine would be more of a naval war in the islands, without having Keras in their pocket. I will also agree to being a protectorate of Ozia, but after the war and the efforts of the Free Keran Forces spearheading the war in southern Ozia becomes more independent and self-reliant. Similar to the relationship between the United States and the Phillipines before and after the Second World War. I would even accept an Ozian general leading the Keran Self-Defense Forces until the occupation.
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but pretty difficult, some of the lesser islands and the mainland might fall.

As for the revisions that BBB made, if you're not comfortable with a large nuke dropping over one of your cities, that's okay, and we can erase the whole rastianav thing.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2015, 05:03:40 AM »
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but pretty difficult, some of the lesser islands and the mainland might fall.

As for the revisions that BBB made, if you're not comfortable with a large nuke dropping over one of your cities, that's okay, and we can erase the whole rastianav thing.
I was honestly thinking lower yield weapons perhaps being used. I am fine with equivalent WMD exchange.

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
I think Ozia and/or Myroria should come help the Delphic Resistance against Honto near the end of the war and be present on the peace agreement that removes Honto from the Boyen region:

Offline bigbaldben

• Voice of the People Editor
  • The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
I think Ozia and/or Myroria should come help the Delphic Resistance against Honto near the end of the war and be present on the peace agreement that removes Honto from the Boyen region:

DAMMIT.  Why doesn't our map have climates and mountains and stuff?  Or should I just make up the geography as I go along at random, like I have been doing?   O:-)

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2015, 09:56:07 PM »

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2015, 01:07:52 AM »

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »
instead of the nuclear bomb dropping on Rastianav, I think a pearl-harbor type event from Rykkovaa might be a better option, seeing as St Oz would respond with a Nuclear Genocide of sorts if one of their cities were nuked. Perhaps the Southern Powers would consider it but would call it "like pouring water over an ant-mound" and the main objective was just to paralyze the Ozian naval effort.

If we chose to have some Pelagian puppet ally do it, Ozia could appropriately drop a hydrogen bomb on a capital city there. When thinking about the nuclear angle, I thought of the Ozians using that event as a huge catalyst for recruitment and new-wave of religious conservatism popping up in Ozia, ending with that drop on the capital of X-tania, and the Sankta publicly condemning the event (as well as the current Primav forced out of his position) I'd rather not ruin what I had in mind though.

I'd rather not destroy Khem's Capital or anyone's capital, because it serves as a cultural symbol of someone's nation, and I don't want to limit what someone could have as a symbol because I dropped an H-Bomb on their primary nation's capital. This is why nukes get complicated and maybe an earlier era might work better, because realistically I think Ozia and many other nations would get into MAD-mode.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2015, 05:33:41 PM »
instead of the nuclear bomb dropping on Rastianav, I think a pearl-harbor type event from Rykkovaa might be a better option, seeing as St Oz would respond with a Nuclear Genocide of sorts if one of their cities were nuked. Perhaps the Southern Powers would consider it but would call it "like pouring water over an ant-mound" and the main objective was just to paralyze the Ozian naval effort.

If we chose to have some Pelagian puppet ally do it, Ozia could appropriately drop a hydrogen bomb on a capital city there. When thinking about the nuclear angle, I thought of the Ozians using that event as a huge catalyst for recruitment and new-wave of religious conservatism popping up in Ozia, ending with that drop on the capital of X-tania, and the Sankta publicly condemning the event (as well as the current Primav forced out of his position) I'd rather not ruin what I had in mind though.

I'd rather not destroy Khem's Capital or anyone's capital, because it serves as a cultural symbol of someone's nation, and I don't want to limit what someone could have as a symbol because I dropped an H-Bomb on their primary nation's capital. This is why nukes get complicated and maybe an earlier era might work better, because realistically I think Ozia and many other nations would get into MAD-mode.
You are correct in suggesting that the destruction of a capital would be a dick move and as to the MAD-mode but isn't that what we were thinking and almost MAD event to spark the creation of our UN? I was honestly thinking an island for an island exchange between us but if that isn't how you see the Ozian people reacting then we must adjust. We could always bring it to smaller yield devices used purely against troops/ships. Then again I would be willing to have Carcossa take a nuke if you were willing to have Ozi'pol take one :P

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »
Oh heck no. Ozipol and Carcossa are both old and beautiful cities, I wouldn't want them to be nuked then fucking have modernist shitty planning paved over as a replacement.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:17 PM »
Japan for some things, not for others, but if you're in such sadistic need to nuke something I'll make a couple of secondary cities in the middle and north of Honto to satisfying your nuclear desires.

I still need one or more of the "northern cefnor powers" to come to the north of Delfos and help push back Honto forces by the end of the war - before any nuclear desire is satisfied.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2015, 01:51:03 AM »
Oh heck no. Ozipol and Carcossa are both old and beautiful cities, I wouldn't want them to be nuked then fucking have modernist shitty planning paved over as a replacement.
We could each nuke one pretty thing of the other and have people despair over it for generations :P In all seriousness though I am unsure if there is any spot of significant importance to nuke which wouldn't also suck to have nuked.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »
Yeah, towards the end maybe that's how Honto gets nuked, I'm unsure which cities delfos had in mind. I'll just say Rastianav was heavily bombed.