Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: If a neighbor is in need of revolutionary rehabilitation, report it to the Citizen-Liaision!

Author Topic: January 2015 Citizen-Sergeant Debate  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
January 2015 Citizen-Sergeant Debate
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »
Since we have more than one candidate now, this actually has a point. Have it the candidates with your most vicious questions!

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
Re: January 2015 Citizen-Sergeant Debate
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
Eluvatar...

Seeing you are Minister of Defence at TNP, would you say there may be a conflict of interest here, if you were elected Cit-Sgt?
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »
Questions for both candidates:
* What do you feel is a strength you possess that your opponent doesn't?

* What is your greatest weakness in fulfilling the duties of your future position?

* Who has most influenced your views on GP and NS militarism?

* Care to go on about your philosophy?

* What is best in life?

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »
I concur with Bustos' question. While the North Pacific are our allies, from time to time the Citizen-Sergeant will have to enforce foreign policy initiatives that may be at odds with those of the North Pacific. Would this be more difficult for you?

In addition, Taijitu already has a reputation as "TNP lite". How, as commander of both regions' armies, would you combat this notion?

While I've addressed these two questions to Eluvatar, more broadly stated they could be asked of either candidate. How would you make the TaiMil an independent force, not entwined with any region's army or foreign policy?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:24:19 PM by Myroria »
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 06:48:55 PM »

* What is your greatest weakness in fulfilling the duties of your future position?

* What is best in life?
  • I'm not sure that we could differentiate ourselves by that, we each hold different strengths that are hard to equivocate. I'd say that I probably have more zeal than Eluvatar, if I had to pick something.
  • To be honest, it's hard to have a weakness in fulfilling the position. I'd say that making it for every update all the time is a difficult thing for me to accomplish, but I will try to work on that of course.
  • I'd say that my biggest influence on GP views has actually been Eluvatar, but I have branched my own views off from his, and these views were mostly defined during my term as delegate of Lazarus.
  • I am an ardent protector of Regional Sovereignty. As was outlined in the manifesto, I believe that it is necessary to protect the sovereignty of all regions, and as a proper Sovereigntist, I think that we should be helping regions to protect their own against people who would seek to crash regions with little productivity.
  • Paczki

While I've addressed these two questions to Eluvatar, more broadly stated they could be asked of either candidate. How would you make the TaiMil an independent force, not entwined with any region's army or foreign policy?

There is always some sort of unity with other organizations. We all must work together to fight people who violate the sovereignty of other regions arbitrarily. However, as one of the principal writers of the Regional Sovereignty document, I will ensure that Taijitu stays true to these ideals through my leading of the Taijitu Militia.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:50:54 PM by Funkadelia »
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
As we have a lot of new nations in the Ecclesia, would you please summarize your NS military histories? Be as general or specific as you like.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:15:51 PM »
As we have a lot of new nations in the Ecclesia, would you please summarize your NS military histories? Be as general or specific as you like.
My first experience was 2012 when I joined the Taijitu White Army. Due to the inactivity of the region at the time, I was relegated to the United Defenders League as part of the TWA. I was there for a brief period of time (5 months or so iirc.) After this, I joined the North Pacific Army, but was admittedly hardly active there. After that very short spell, I joined the Pacific Expeditionary Forces, where I rose to the rank of Officer before leaving the game in July 2013. When I rejoined and joined Lazarus, I was a member of the Lazarene Liberation Army from the outset, and have been since November 2014. At one point, I was the General of the Lazarene Liberation Army.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »
Eluvatar...

Seeing you are Minister of Defence at TNP, would you say there may be a conflict of interest here, if you were elected Cit-Sgt?
Yes. I won't go into detail, but I was not planning to serve as MoD when I ran for C-S. Seeing Funkadelia come forward, someone I have every confidence in, I have withdrawn my candidacy.
While the question is moot, I'll note that I have more experience than Funkadelia with diverse tactical and strategic situations, and probably have a more intimate understanding of game mechanics.
That TNP needs me as its Defense Minister. There are some obvious concerns to serving in both roles, and I'm glad to be able to step back to allow Funkadelia to come forward.
I am mostly self-taught, in skills and in political philosophy, I think. I was very interested in Thel D'Ran's philosophy back in the day, however, and my ultimate conversion from 'Neutrality' (now known as Independence) to being a defender came after considerable interaction with Naivetry and others in 2009, the establishment of the WASC, and my discovery that invaders were now opposed to Liberating regions which were being, by the old rules, griefed.
If no raids involved griefing, I'd not be a defender, but an "Independent" of some flavor, probably.
* What is best in life?
Not the mongol answer.

To observe the positive fruits of one's efforts.
I concur with Bustos' question. While the North Pacific are our allies, from time to time the Citizen-Sergeant will have to enforce foreign policy initiatives that may be at odds with those of the North Pacific. Would this be more difficult for you?
While I do believe I can handle complex ethical situations, it is best to avoid them. I have withdrawn my candidacy.
In addition, Taijitu already has a reputation as "TNP lite". How, as commander of both regions' armies, would you combat this notion?
I won't :P But more seriously, if Funkadelia weren't running, I'd combat it through actions. Taijitu's military policy and TNP's have some things in common, but are very different overall. Just doing what we do would be enough to dispel any illusions of TaiMil and NPA being the same thing.
While I have withdrawn, I must question this question. It is my view that it is essential that the Militia, being Taijitu's army, be entwined with Taijitu's foreign policy. (But only engaging others insofar as that serves its purposes).

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bustos

• Citizen
  • Spam Deity
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »
Well seeing there are no opposing candidates...

Congrats Funk!  You won by default...   :clap:
Allied States of Bustos (WIP)

Brought to you by Bustos

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 07:44:44 PM »
While the question is moot, I'll note that I have more experience than Funkadelia with diverse tactical and strategic situations, and probably have a more intimate understanding of game mechanics.
This is entirely true. :P

Well seeing there are no opposing candidates...

Congrats Funk!  You won by default...   :clap:
Thank you!  :wine: