Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: Denaturation (2012)  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Denaturation (2012)
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:19:33 AM »
A man and a woman stood in a board room somewhere on the umpteenth floor of a tall building in Ivorheart. The city was situated among the relatively flat farmland southeast of Novrith, Pelagis, and Quarrovth. It had three cash cows: wheat, ostrich meat, and chemicals. This building was a temple to the latter.

The man spoke: "The board has seen fit to send your team to Letonna. With this... situation developing between that nation and Cozulul we require someone of your expertise."

By "expertise" the man meant the expertise of Gadryna Menaseth. Her experience was immense. Graduating summa cum laude from the Imperial College of Fellowmoor with a degree in intelligence analysis, she was rejected from the SIGINT branch of the Imperial Intelligence Agency after a recruiter showed up at the hospital with four broken ribs. Though the courts found her innocent, SIGINT-IIA didn't.

It was at this point that our dear friend Ms. Menaseth was picked up by Hanso Group to join their corporate espionage division, where it was quickly discovered she had more use as a field agent. Her first case was investigating tax fraud in Andratroth Chemical, Hanso Group's biggest competitor. But while this case was resolved satisfactorily, what really brought her to the attention of the Board was her actions in her fifth year of employment.

Though she would consistently claim that it was never intended to occur the way it did, her deliberate leak of nickel tetracarbonyl in some Andratroth plant in the Haradrim finally killed Hanso's biggest competitor dead (along with something like 2,500 people). After this success, the board quickly took Menaseth and her closest associates on as a personal team of sorts to deal with only the most important threats to Hanso Group and its political branch, Great House Hanso.

Today, a plan had to be established. A new threat had to be dealt with. The man continued,

"You will be going to Letonna to ensure that our precursors for these medicines - " the man handed Gadryna a paper - "continue to come to Myroria. People depend on these medicines to survive and if the Council, run by those Quarrovth and Vrotrith dogs, decide to support Cozulul, the precursors could very well stop rolling into our factories. Those petty politicians ignore the bounty we get from Letonna and join the Cefnor Community in condemning this new Empire.

"We - both our company and Myrorians - cannot afford to lose these medications because of the whims of a few rich politicians. You must ensure the train keeps rolling, Ms. Menaseth. Do you understand?"

"Yes sera, I do."

"Good."
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."