Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Be vigilant: Anticitoyens could be behind any corner.

Author Topic: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pelagis (circa 1970)  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pelagis (circa 1970)
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »
The Minister of Foreign Affairs was just one of many officials who lost their job in the rabid de-outlanderization following the Vrotrith scandal. His replacement was Serjo Hetman Saleiroth, a member of House Quarrovth (of course) whose previous position was the mayor of a small town in County Traval. It spoke, perhaps, of the changed attitude in Myroria when his motorcade to Embassy Row had to be detoured twice: the first time, on account of a police investigation of a lynched Eluvataran man by (presumably Vrotrith-affiliated) union thugs, and the second time to avoid an entire town which seemed to be taken by republican fervor.

Nevertheless, Sj. Saleiroth had arrived to his new place of employment safely. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs was decorated in the ever-popular neoclassical style, which put it right in place in the broad avenues of Pelagis. If you walk through the marbled halls of the Ministry, or are led through it as is infinitely more likely, you would eventually be shown the oak door of the office of Sj. Saleiroth, who still seems a bit uncomfortable assigning embassies, despite his degree in International Relations from the Imperial College at Fellowmoor. Nevertheless, Saleiroth would be happy to assign you one of the many vacant embassies on Embassy Row. All you'd have to do is ask.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."