Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Devote pure conscience to forum maintenance like the martyr Limitless Events!

Author Topic: The Death Penalty  (Read 7170 times)

Offline Chairman Steve

• CHAIRMAN STEVE
  • CHAIRMAN STEVE
The Death Penalty
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
Click

Is the death penalty constitutional?
I AM CHAIRMAN STEVE.

Offline The G Rebellion

• Your favourite Taiji.
  • Founders
  • TGR
Re: The Death Penalty
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »
YES DAMNIT!

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:25:44 AM »
If the crime fits the punishment, then yes. The law of the land is the Golden rule. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. So if you murder someone you're asking for the same. Under Constitutional law there's two basic rules. Don't harm anyone and don't infringe on another's rights.

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 01:33:42 AM »
I really like the idea that it should exsist, but it shouldn't be used unless it is one of the most disgusting crimes.  Plus I feel DNA evidence HAS to be included for it to happen (plus other evidence of course)
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Eientei

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 01:39:15 AM »
I'm not really sure if the death penalty is morally right, but it's not unconstitutional.  In terms of the method used, I don't understand the emphasis on painlessness.  If you're against causing pain to a condemned prisoner, why do you support putting him to death?

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 03:59:15 AM »
I really like the idea that it should exsist, but it shouldn't be used unless it is one of the most disgusting crimes.  Plus I feel DNA evidence HAS to be included for it to happen (plus other evidence of course)

Eye for an eye. No more, no less. How is that hard to understand? The whole DNA has to be included is kinda silly. DNA evidence can be falsified just as easily as anything else.

I'm not really sure if the death penalty is morally right, but it's not unconstitutional.  In terms of the method used, I don't understand the emphasis on painlessness.  If you're against causing pain to a condemned prisoner, why do you support putting him to death?

Is it morally right to murder someone? Do the crime and you should face the penalty for your actions. I personally don't care what the method would be. Firing squad is just as good. Whatever gets the penalty done.

Offline Towlie

• austri surget iterum
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 06:45:23 AM »
i am not agenst the death penalty for any it unmoral or any of that bs i just think that they are getting the easy way out i would rather watch the sob rot in prison for the rest of their life in a small cell by themself
Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. --Lady Astor to Winston Churchill
Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. --His reply
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. --Henny Youngman

Offline Miller18

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
i am not agenst the death penalty for any it unmoral or any of that bs i just think that they are getting the easy way out i would rather watch the sob rot in prison for the rest of their life in a small cell by themself

Not a bad idea but why pay for it?

If the crime is bad enough I am for it.
Good timber dosen't grow with ease, the stronger the wind the stronger the trees.

Offline Of Crazed

• The most Ancient and Noble House of Black
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
Well, maybe not DNA, but there should at least be more evidence required to get the death penalty, over the evidence required to get a guilty verdict.
05/04/2008- Never Forget

Offline Eientei

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »

Is it morally right to murder someone? Do the crime and you should face the penalty for your actions. I personally don't care what the method would be. Firing squad is just as good. Whatever gets the penalty done.

I should clarify, I didn't say it definitely is immoral in every case that the state puts someone to death.  I said I'm not sure about it.  It's a complicated issue.

I agree with you about the method - if we're passing a death sentence on someone, he's going to end up dead and buried whether we shoot chemicals into his bloodstream, hang him or shoot him.  People who comfort themselves with the fact that the  method of execution used is physically painless are missing the point entirely.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:42:27 PM by Eientei »

Offline Towlie

• austri surget iterum
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »

its cheaper to leave them in jail cause of the extra court cost and the 10+ years they will be in anyway and the acutal exicution than to kill them and it will give them a chance to maybe leave something positive (of course  not letting them out ever)
Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. --Lady Astor to Winston Churchill
Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. --His reply
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. --Henny Youngman

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »

its cheaper to leave them in jail cause of the extra court cost and the 10+ years they will be in anyway and the acutal exicution than to kill them and it will give them a chance to maybe leave something positive (of course  not letting them out ever)
How is life in prison cheaper than a bullet?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:42:59 PM by korageous »

Offline dragonjasmine

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »
depending on the idea.

Offline Mahasoor

• Hottest 525 year old ever!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »
I am pro-death penalty.
---
GMT: i`m a princess
---

Offline Space Raider

• Head of the American Mafiya
  • WARNING: When we raid, we are merciless.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 12:18:01 AM »
I hope it's not too painful........ :trout: :smack: :whip: Ouch, none of those. Well, the fish wouldn't hurt much.
We keep our weapons super destructive, but they're never used unless our national security is threatened, our foreign trade blockaded, we are invaded, our planetary colonies invaded, or our capital is nuked.-President of The Most Powerful Nation In The World (TMPNITW), G-Day Rawlings-
:o
If there's a way in, there's a way out. The only circumstance where there's no escape is when you are targeted by ten snipers at the same time.-Mars Military General, Godrin Yawler
:panda: