Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: Foreign Report XIX  (Read 1151 times)

Offline AntallicA

• Key to the gate
    • Europeia's forum
Foreign Report XIX
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »

Europeian Foreign Update

March 1 2008, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 103 Nations
Regional Power: Moderate
UN Delegate: Cordova I
Lt. UN Delegate: Vacant

Executive Government
Supreme Chancellor: HEM
Vice-Supreme Chancellor: Pineapleboy
President: Lethen
Vice President: Pineapleboy
Chief Justice: Anumia
Grand Admiral: HEM
Foreign Secretary: Pez201
Culture Minister: Bradshaw the Sceptic
Immigration Minister: Vacant
Junior Ministers (Foreign Affairs): Peaceful Llamas, Antallica
Junior Ministers (All other departments): Don Corlene

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Cordova I
Assembly Chair: Desakar
Senators:
Gen. Amarov
Don Corlene
Cordova I
Nlhp
Pez201
Peaceful Llamas
Pineapleboy

IN THE NEWS:

Paleomiz leaves!
In one of the biggest events in recent Europeian history, UN Delegate Paleomiz (known as "Paleo") left the region without any announcement on the Europeian forum.

Senate by-elections
With the resignation of Stratus, Delvetia and the leaving of Paleomiz, three positions in the Senate opened up. A by-election was held and Gen. Amarov, Peaceful Llamas and Pez201 were the three candidates running, and not suprisingly, all three got in.

Public Assembly
The Public Assembly, created to give all Europeian citizens a place to debate on bills in the Senate, and to suggest bills for the Senate, has been very active.

Europeian Navy
Now lead by HEM, who takes over as Grand admiral from Allied Alliances, the Europeian Navy is still at anchor in Mobius.

Regional Power
Regional power is moderate, and the population is 103.

Passed laws
The Senate has passed two laws since the last foreign update in mid-February: The State Prosecution Act, where a Europeian citizen is appointed to the position of State Prosecutor and prosecutes in all Europeian court cases (except where there is a conflict of interest). The second Act is the Ministerial Directive Act, which gives ministers greater autonomy in their departments.

TOOL TIME

On February 21 Stratus, former Senator, gave his opinion on Europeia:

"Europeia is about as generic of a region as you can get. Its really nice, but... no."

Social Liberlandia, who had a nation in Europeia, has been telegramming forum people asking them to join in "the revolution", or something like that. As Social Liberlandia isn't on the forum, no one really cares.

EUROPEIAN CULTURE

Total forum posts: 37, 730

Top ten posters:
HEM   5,078     
Lethen   5,059     
Pez201   3,019     
Paleomiz   2,443     
Cordova I   2,227     
Pineapleboy   1,897     
Danoboy63   1,837     
Hyanygo  1,010     
nasalivesII   929     
The Holy Empire of Coed Showers   862

Lethen closes the gap on HEM in the post count. HEM has been in first place since, well, forever... but can he hold on now?

Funniest quote:
Squish fish make Des angry! DES SMASH SQUISHY FISHY! :P

INTERVIEW

For this Foreign Update, Pez201 interviewed Pope Lexus X about his views on... stuff.

Pez: You were the Europeian Culture Minister for awhile. What did you do in your time to enhance Europeian Culture?
Lex: Well I ran an unsuccessful festival, let someone else run the university and gave Lethen some ideas as to what I should actually be doing... I would say I had a rather productive term
Pez: If you'd created a thinktank, and created a bureau to oversee the thinktank, and a committee to oversee the bureau, you would have made a fantastic minister in RL... and in Europeia, HEM would have loved you.
Lex: Like a son.. 
Pez: What is the role of the Europeian Culture Minister in regards to the University?
Lex: I never did anything with the university, as I saw it as the Dean's domain. Nlhp never needed encouragement either, so I couldn't do anything with it if I wanted to...
Pez: Ah, so it was all under control.
Lex: Or maybe thats just what I want you to think..
Pez: What regions were you active in before you came to Europeia and what regions are you active in now?
Lex: I began in Gatesville, moved to Cingeta and Jethnea, then I went to the Great Green Federation. I retired for a time, and then came back to join with all the others and Europeia, Lazarus, and Novus Orsa. Currently I'm in Novus Orsa, Jethnea and of course Gatesville. What can I say? I get around
Pez: I can't even imagine being in so many regions! 
Lex: and I'm fairly sure I've left one or two out as well..
Pez: Do you believe that NS is dying, and the game will one day cease? Or is there a resurgence around the corner? Your thoughts.
Lex: NS doesn't die. I know I made a large number of speechs about the "Fact" that it was, but it isn't the truth. NS goes through periods of decline, generally around the holiday seasons of summer and Christmas. We experienced a pretty bad one last year, and things did seem bad, but in reality if we all decide the game is dying, it will. What needed to be done was for someone to stand up and do something big, and having suitably freaked out the feeders by the Neutral Territory conference, and the drama of TNP, activity seems to be returning. As for maintaining that, my simple request of all NS'ers is to just go nuts. Be spontanious, and random, and make activity. If you don't it probably will decline again. Make things interesting for the new people. Don't make it stressful though, make it fun.
Pez: Very true (yes, I read the entire paragraph :lol: ). If you had to select one citizen of Europeia to be sedated for 24 hours, who would you pick, and why?
Lex: I would sedate HEM for a day and make Anumia the Supreme Chancellor with your good self as Vice Chancellor. Just think of the possibilities!
Pez: The possibilities are... frightening.  Tell us one thing about yourself in RL that we don't know.
Lex: I am actually the Prince of Wales' alternate ego.. Didn't see that coming did you?
Pez: Why are your ears so big?
Lex: All the better to hear you with... :P

Official Update from the Europeian Department of Foreign Affairs
Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary

And thanks again Allama for coming round the other day :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 09:41:40 AM by AntallicA »

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
Re: Foreign Report XIX
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »
Thanks for the Update.  :drunks:

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
Thanks for the update!  I liked the Lex interview quite a bit.

And thanks again Allama for coming round the other day :)

Absolutely, dear!  I'll be by again soon, today or tomorrow for certain.  ^_^

Offline AntallicA

• Key to the gate
    • Europeia's forum
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »
I've sent that message to my superiors, there'll be soft torture (ie tickling, or pillow fight) if you don't follow your word. :fight: