Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: If a neighbor is in need of revolutionary rehabilitation, report it to the Citizen-Liaision!

Author Topic: Cefnor Conference (1982-???)  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
Cefnor Conference (1982-???)
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Her Majesty Fredrika Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, Empeuress of Myroria
From: Agathos Daimon Atri kos, The Great Library of Carcossa

The People of Khem wish to invite Myroria to a
Conference at the State's capital of Carcossa. We wish to discuss
matters which our two states should find most beneficial,
and the Great Library hopes that it can assist Myroria in any way
the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Myroria for the business she has provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Sankta Adara Revia Oz, Ozia

The People of Khem wish to invite Ozia to a Conference at the State's capital
of Carcossa. We wish to discuss matters which our two states should
find most beneficial, and the Great Library hopes that it can assist
Ozia in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Ozia for the support she has provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: President Lepue, republic of Austrasia

The People of Khem wish to invite Austrasia to a Conference at the State's capital
Austrasia in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Austrasia for the business she has provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn, Romenna, Eluvatar

The People of Khem wish to invite Eluvatar to a Conference at the State's capital
Eluvatar in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Eluvatar for the business she has provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Letonnasburg, New Letonna

The People of Khem wish to invite Letonna to a Conference at the State's capital
Letonna in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Letonnaa for the business she has provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Honorable Leaders of Jutensa

The People of Khem wish to invite Jutensa to a Conference at the State's capital
Jutensa in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Jutensa for the support she has provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Preisdent Sani Onyeagida,Biafra, Funkadelia
The People of Khem wish to invite Funkadelia to a Conference at the State's capital
Funkadelia in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Funkadelia for the business they have provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Presiding Tribune Klara Lethen., Krith, Commonwealth of Zimmerwald
The People of Khem wish to invite Zimmerwald to a Conference at the State's capital
Zimmerwald in any way the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank Zimmerwald for all they have provided all of Cefnor.

STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: "leader", Vel'falas, Eternal Empire of Elara

The People of Khem wish to invite Elara to a
Conference at the State's capital of Carcossa. We wish to discuss
matters which our two states should find most beneficial,
and the Great Library hopes that it can assist your people in any way
the nation may need. The Library further wishes to
thank your empire for the business she has provided all of Cefnor.

(other state bodies that I have missed are welcome to inquire about attendance)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:08:27 PM by al' Khem »

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
Re: Cefnor Conference (1982-???)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »
STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Agathos Daimon Atri kos, The Great Library of Carcossa
From: Matlalihuitl Cipactli, The Honorable Premier of Jutensa

The government of Jutensa is most pleased to accept your invitation
to the Cefnor Conference on behalf of its people. I agree that there
is much to be discussed for the mutual benefit of all involved nations.
Your thanks for Jutensa's support does not go unappreciated, rather
we hope that the relationship between our countries will continue to
flourish.

To Cefnor we send our most highly Esteemed Ambassador, Ahuiliztli
Tezcatlipoca, who is authorized to act in my stead for the duration
of the Conference.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »

To Agathos Daimon Atri Kos at the Great Library of Carcossa
An official reply from the Divine Listener and reincarnation of the first, Adara Revia Oz

I'm pleased to see the O people are invited to be represented at this conference,
and as Listener I have made it a direct order of the Listener to send Economic Expert
Chancellor Dr. Feridnha Sevilecrin Evrashik and People's Senator Ieter Nuraimi Iseltov
to the conference. We hope to atone for the sins of the past so that Ozia may have
a role in making Taijitu a better place through diplomacy and civility.  We believe that
agreements can be made to benefit every person of Taijitu, regardless if their nation
is invited or not.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:42:23 PM by St Oz »

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:09 AM »
To: Agathos Daimon Atri Kos at the Great Library of Carcossa
From: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Letonnasburg, Letonna

The Crown and Parliament are most pleased with this invitation, and are proud to attend. We will be sending Minister Pelrin Vambaum as the representative of our Glorious Empire. We hope this conference will mutually benefit us, and grow our friendship with attending nations.

Formally, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 03:13:51 AM »

THE GRAND IMPERIAL RESIDENCE
PELAGIS

Agathos Daimon Atri Kos
Great Library
Carcossa, Al'Khem,

I was very pleasantly surprised and honored to see such an invitation extended to the Myrorian state. Though I would very much like to attend such a conference in person, I'm afraid that due to affairs in Myroria that need my attention, the Imperial presence will not be there in person.

In my stead I will send Sera Gilas Quarrith, a kinsman of Great House Quarrovth. Though a young man, he has the wisdom and experience of an elder statesman. I have the utmost confidence that he will confidently and accurately represent myself and the Myrorian people at this meeting.

I look forward to the results of this meeting of nations, and I believe I speak for myself and Sera Gilas when I say that it is truly a pleasure to work with Al'Khem and every other nation on the Cefnori Basin.

In sincerity and honor,

Her Majesty Fredrika Vadeni Quarrovth Tar-Ilium, first of her name, Empeuress of Myroria and her Dominions.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 05:25:46 AM »

THE WAY:
April 3, 1982
Agathos Daimon Atri Kos
Great Library
Carcossa, Al'Khem,

Commands all People of Khem to show your unity and hospitality with the arrival of foreign guests to Our Land.
Through our actions The Way of Truth shines, through our deeds we reap a greater bounty.
May your bodies know Tas warmth, may your hearts sing with Gaia, may your minds run with the Hermetica.

Additionally I Agathos Daimon do declare a festival in this time, both for our guests and ourselves.
I propose the musicians sing and play, I propose works of art unveiled, I propose much food.
May the drink flow oh my Brothers, may you know mirth, let your joy shine through the heavens.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:59:38 AM by Phather Bad Drugs »

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »
Serjo Ienas Quarrovth, of House Quarrovth, sat on a bench in a hallway outside the Council Room with his colleague and first cousin once removed Serja Daynasa Quarrovth, complaining. In the Council of Great Houses, the esteemed representatives of Myroria's landed gentry spent roughly 30% of their time working, 40% of their time complaining, and the remaining 30% either gossiping or plotting each other's political demise - usually, though, it was gossiping.

"There he goes again," Ienas said with a sigh, leaning forward in his seat with his forearms on his thighs. "Guileful Gilas."

"Are you daydreaming about him or cursing him?" Daynasa replied with a nudge, her eyes following his tall figure as he walked by.

"Cursing him."

"It sounds like a little bit of both."

"He just got appointed to lead the delegation to that conference in the 'Khem," Ienas said jealously, ignoring Daynasa's snide comment. "I've served the House faithfully for 28 years! And always I'm passed over in favor of this new blood," he continued with a sneer.

"Not all the new blood," Daynasa said quietly. She had been on the Council for three years and had yet to receive a single committee appointment. Ienas ignored her whine, preferring instead to focus on his own.

"Do you know what his constituency is? ‘The unincorporated townships west of Kanud’s purchase and east of the westerly line of County Ivorheart, ranges 1-7.’ In all, maybe 1,500 people live in his constituency. The township he keeps his home in doesn’t even have a name. It has a number. I, on the other hand, represent the Northwest side of Novrith - over 300,000 people! And what do I get? Jack shit. It’s criminal.”

“He must have friends in high places,” Daynasa began.

“Oh, does he!” Ienas said, sitting upright in his chair again. “Aron saw him on the green, playing golf with the Prince.”

“Meneldur or Ælar?” Daynasa asked, crossing her arms.

“Meneldur!”

“Oh my,” she said.

“Exactly. No wonder he gets all these appointments. Getting in good with the Family. He’ll be having tea with the queen soon. Little rat.” Daynasa nodded her head in agreement.
"I assure you -- I will be quite content to be a mere mortal again, dedicated to my own amusements."

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 04:32:00 AM »
Manti sat grimly behind the bar. The radio cretin going on and on about unity and national celebrations. Library propaganda he thought, and crude at that. They'll come clean the n'khel(ghettos) as with their Da'Kavo Ghedde(filthy jungle rats). They'll try and intimidate me into serving drinks to their high minded n'khem (non-people). He then spit the wad of coca he had been chewing at the radio. His lone customer, a young mo'khem (half blood) business woman from Ozia. He walked over and in Ozian said, "Hail comrade, we are smoking zuevka? Drinking the Pashk? Maybe some Myrorian beer? Or will it be more juice and questions?"

She chuckled and winked her red eye at him. "You know me Manti. Where were we anyhow?" she asked in perfect Khem.

"You were being intrusive with my bloodline."

"I am your relation"

He spit again.

"Fine." she replied. "We don't have to discuss our bloodline." Raising her hands to sooth his ego. "We can discuss whats gotten you so bent out of shape. The Library really seems to be on the right path with phasing out child labor and giving the Servile toilets and all. Whats eating you?"

He growled a bit, took a long pull on a glass of cold Pashk, then replied. "That's not much they've given with all their promises after the revolution. They don't meet the Peoples demands and they have the gall to throw a party for n'khem! Makes me sick and makes me wonder why we stopped fighting. We could have been so much more at this point! You wouldn't understand..."

She went around the bar and hugged him. "Of course I do. I understand that your glorious..." she looks him in the eyes. "revolution can't die. Not here not now, but one day that tree will root as they say. That's why I question you. The future needs to know."

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
STATE COMMUNICATIONS

To: Agathos Daimon Atri kos, The Great Library of Carcossa

The Austrasian Republic is most honored to receive this invitation. It has long been our dream to see greater cooperation among the nations of Cefnor. We would be proud to have representation at this congregation of nations. We shall be sending our premier diplomat Francois Lefun to contribute on behalf of the Republic. I look forward to your continuing friendship and collaboration.

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:30:26 AM »
“You’ll be going in with little protection, if something happens you will only have your body guard to protect you.” A rather overweight man said, wiping sweat from his brow.

“I’m sure it will be fine. I know you conservatives in the parliament will never believe it, but there are other civilized nations beyond our borders.” A Young man in his late 20's said with a teasing tone.

“Well be careful regardless. It was suspicious of them to invite us, especially since we don’t normally have a lot of communication with Al’ Khem to begin with, nor do we share a shore. Once you've been in politics as long as I have everything is suspicious I guess.”

“Even when I technically out rank you, I’ll always be your son eh? I’ll call you as soon as I land. I have the ministries best body guard disguised as my aide.”

The heavyset man put a smile on his face, although it was still clear something was bothering him. Minister Pelrin Vambaum smiled back.

“Excellent, then it’s been discussed. Is there anything else you wished to say PM Vambaum?”

“No, that is all Minister Vambaum.”

“Very well, I need to meet with Ulfrum in an hour, and then I’m off to the airport. I’ll bring you back a souvenir. I hear they have good beer there.”

“Not as good as a Darmer Ale from back home.” The PM said back.

“Yeah…it’s never as good as back home…”

“You’re very fortunate to have been chosen for this assignment. I had many angry PM’s and Ministers send me harsh criticism for choosing you.”

“I’m very honored my lord.” Pelrin said, bowing on one knee.

“However, it was an obvious decision. You are the minister of Foreign Affairs. It would be an insult to send some nit wit from the Parliament or another Minister. Even though you’re new to this position, you show a lot of potential. But most importantly, you have a quality nobody else really has.”

“And what was that my Lord?”

“You see the changing times. Our nation gets a bad reputation as being behind the times, stuck in the race wars of the past; forever haunted by my father’s oppression. I feel Al’ Khem and the Cefnor nations need to see we’re willing to change. A young face with new ideas can help channel my….our best interests, do you understand Minister Vambaum?”

“Perfectly my Lord.”

“Good. Your jet awaits you. I want daily updates, and give my best to the House Quarrovth representative."

“I will my Lord.”
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:33:39 AM by Letonna »

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:02 PM »
Somewhere in Carcossa
The Ozian Embassy at Al'Khem offered residence to the two representatives as is customary, but instead the two booked at a multi-star hotel somewhere in Carcossa and wrote it off as a business expense for the Ozian people to cover. Senator Ieter already was at a table eating her continental breakfast that the owners recently rebranded as the "Cefnorinental Breakfast".

Chancellor Feridnha walked to her table, and a servile girl quickly rushed over to her table with a cup of coffee before she sat down.

Before Feridnha sipped her coffee she told the table, "doish’ishi doenieir." Then she eyed the sign again, "What's a Cefnorinental Breakfast?"

The Iseltov shrugged, "It's the food I have, I think the non-Gaeanists call it a continental breakfast. You just grab food and bring it to the table."

"What's continental about it? I just see Myrorian pastries and other Inglish bullshit. Where's the Ozian continental part?"

"I believe it's the coffee."

"What do you mean? Al'Khem exports coffee too."

"But upstairs a packet next to a dinky drip machine said premium Ozian roast."

"No, no. That's just the style of roast, Ozian roasts are usually lighter around the world, because we actually grew up to know and love the full taste of coffee. These bastards around the globe just stamp 'premium Ozian roast' to trick people into thinking they've gotten something exotic. It's here because tourists and business people are chumps."

The Iseltov furrowed her eyebrows, "Oi! I own businesses."

The good chancellor made a wry smirk, "Is that what the Iseltovs call themselves these days? A series of businesses?"

"We've always been a series of businesses, just you bastard-communists always called us otherwise!"

The two of them yelled in Ozian at each other now, "Bastard-communists!? You take that back direship bitch!"

"Fuck no, get your damn continental breakfast and calm down! I apologize for calling you a bastard, but you're still a damn communists"

"Well yes officially, I guess I'll take back the bitch part and keep the direship part. That's enough insult these days."

"Well just go get food already. You look stupid there with just a coffee, you need something for today, even if it's a buffet of desserts."

"This isn't continental! It's a fucking Myrorian breakfast. Stuffing my face full of sweet bread is hardly a breakfast. Today's going to suck. Where's the smoked meats and such?"

"They have sausage I think? Just a few. Eggs probably pre-scrambled and put in a bag. They have fruit over there, apples and bullshit berries."

She stood up to go to the buffet now, "Fine I'll get the bullshit! All the bullshit"

"Don't forget the bread with holes in them. Bring me one too!"

Feridnha yelled across the tables now, people irked now by the noise these two were making, "Why would you want bread with a hole in it."

"Get the cream cheese thing too."

"What is this? All this packaging. They poisoned it, I'm not getting you anything, you can just take the bread."

"No, it's not poison, we probably made it, idiot."

"Why would we make something so pompous as a little container for condiments."

She came back with a tray of foods, a waffle with syrup, sausage, scrambled eggs, apples, berries, oatmeal, milk, orange juice, the whole water pitcher, and of course the bread with holes in it. Ieter said to her, "I don't know, the non-gaeanists like to waste."

Feridnha sipped her milk while listening to her, but she proceeded to spit it back out, cursing first in Inglish, "What the fuck is this? This isn't milk." Heads turned this time, journalists and other diplomats with their families closed their childrens ears. The two didn't notice though.

"The non-gaeanists filter their milk of fat and call it healthy."

"How stupid."

Ieter snapped at a Servile, shouting out, "Oi, ash tray here," in Ozian. She didn't know if it would work or not, but after some scurrying they brought one over.

Feridnha now tried to discover the mysteries of holed bread, "Do they stack these on sticks and serve them on the street?"

"Maybe probably."

"You think Myrorian women put this on a man's penis, so when they blow their man they have something to eat next to them?"

"Wouldn't surprise me since they're so fat."

Feridnha mocked a Myrorian Inglish accent, "Oh Sera Ferforithvothafroth I need this sustenance to carry out sexual intercourse."

The two of them exchanged laughter, and the other patrons still exchanged odd looks at them. The two of them were totally oblivious to the attention they generated as these were normal Ozian table manners, non-existent. As Feridnha ate a bagel wrong, by biting into it and wiping butter along the sides, Ieter took out two zuavka cigars and lit them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:32:29 AM by St Oz »

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »

Carcossa The Shining City
April 20, 1982

Beneath the celebratory masses on the surface of the city, the delegates were being led from their respective locations to a gilded subway station via a network of subterranean and aquatic tunnels. Their Da'Kavo guides offered little conversation and hardly let the delegates take in the beauty of the tunnels. The foyer was the epitome of oppulent and more than a little gaudy, with its gold veined white marble floor ceiling and columns. Its walls all exquisitely detailed frescos of nature scenes in which people were the size of ants. All of this leading to a train platform with gilded safety rails. On the rails was a sleek tube that shone like quicksilver in moonlight, its doors ajar revealing a crimson interior. A wizened Librarian in traditional crimson robes patiently stood by the rails allowing each delegate to arrive one by one. He had been chosen for this meeting not merely for his mind and language skills but most importantly his patience. The Agathos Daimon knew whomever he chose would need it in infinite supply for dealing with the n'khem powers of the basin. If the aptitude testing and service record had anything to say it was that Librarian Kno'tai would do exceptionally as a diplomat and a salesman.

As the first delegates came through he put on a polite smileand gave a small bow. A moment later saying, "Welcome to the conference. I ask that we wait for the others to arrive before boarding. In the meantime how about introductions? My calling is Librarian Kno'tai. My heart sings at your arriving under Gaias good grace."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:21:29 PM by al' Khem »

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »
Pelrin was silent as him and his aide walked through the Subway tunnels of Carcossa. They appeared almost mystical; other worldly. His aide seemed less impressed and unappreciative.

As he reached their destination in a subway platform, other delegates and Al’ Khem officials awaited them. One man stood out as very important. A man in decorated robes with a gentle face. He seemed to stare right through Pelrin, which was almost unsettling.

“Welcome to the conference. I ask that we wait for the others to arrive before boarding. In the meantime how about introductions? My calling is Librarian Kno'tai. My heart sings at your arriving under Gaias good grace." The man said.

Pelrin remained silent as he waited to see if the other delegated would speak first. The Librarian still appeared to be staring at him, although it was difficult to tell. He had one of those gazes that would follow anyone around. Pelrin cleared his throat.

“I’m Minister Pelrin Vambaum of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Great Empire of Letonna. This is my aide Grel Ceunor. We are honored to be here Librarian Kno’Tai.”

A moment of silence went by, before another Delegate behind him cleared his throat as well and began to speak.

Offline Myroria

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:01 PM »
Gilas, a broad-shouldered, swarthy man of average height, rubbed his temple. The headache which seemed to come on the second he saw someone smoking Zuavka in the street pulsed with each mural or gold-inlay relief he saw until it was a full-blown migraine. Distracted by the pain, his attention was suddenly called by the Letonnese delegation introducing itself.

"What is this?" he thought to himself. "Oh, an introduction."

He opened his mouth and the words came out in a thick, non-rhotic accent characteristic of the backwoods of Myroria that he represented - it sounded almost as if he was chewing a mouthful of mashed potatoes as he spoke.

"My name is Serjo Gilas Quarrovth, and I represent the unincorporated townships west of Kanud’s purchase and east of the westerly line of County Ivorheart, ranges 1-7, County Ivorheart, Myroria. It's my... " he paused, remembering a Servile girl in the street outside, high on some drug unbeknownst to him, nearly knocking herself over bumping into him. Fighting to keep from grimacing, he continued. "distinct honor to represent the Union of the Great and Lesser Houses here in your..." he paused again, thinking of some twenty-something Craftsman outside the Myrorian embassy, in the throes of government-mandated celebration, throwing up outside his bedroom window. "unique and honorable nation."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:37 AM »
Despite the changing political climate in Ozia, the two representatives still dressed in the attire inspired by their old comrades in the Ozian civil war, jeans or or type of pants, a collared shirt with sleeves rolled to the elbows that's not tucked in, and traditional keffiyehs around the neck. Compared to every other delegate they looked sloppy, despite their high status in Ozian politics. To appear on TV with any deviation from the People's Style was political suicide, especially something like a skirt suit or a tie. The other irony was that the Listener sent two people preaching for privatization in Ozia, yet were just dressed like any comrade public servant.

Chancellor Feridnha, possibly Ozia's smartest citizen breathing air, stopped by the walls of the ocean view to puff her cheeks at a puffer fish, which inflated immediately, and she chuckled embarrassingly loud. Senator Ieter grabbed her arm beckoning her to return to the crowd, but not without a slight smirk at the poor puffer fish, "Hurry, hah. We can't fall behind here." in Ozian

They caught up with the group when they began making introductions.

The Senator and the Chancellor made eye contact and silent smirks every time the people in Khem said, Gaia's good grace. Collectively thinking about how their ancestors must have regretted the subjugation of such an impressionable people that warped the image of their beloved Gaea.  The zuavka smoke around the station prompted Ieter to draw out two zuavka cigarettes and passed one for her fellow delegate to smoke. The two women felt the judgmental stares of the other delegates but ignored their silent protest.

Ieter spoke when she found a window to do so, showing off her perfect Prydainian Inglish, "I am Admivi Ieter Nuraimi Iseltov, Comrade Senator of the Divine People's Senate of Ozia, but you can just call me Ieter." She then gestured to Feridnha standing next to her, "She is Dr. Feridnha Sevilecrin Evrashik, Comrade Chancellor of the Divine People's Council of Economic Experts and also founder of the Rastianav school of Economics, but you can just call her Feridnha, Feri, or Fer. We're part of the reformist government and hope to establish more amicable relations compared to our predecessors. We hope to lay a foundation for a better future in Taijitu."

Feridnha smiled at Ieter when she stopped talking and waited until some other delegate started talking. She shoved an elbow into her waist, "Shut up." She whispered to her in Ozian.   

She grinned and whispered back, "Certainly Comrade-Senator."