General Category > Video Games

Favourite Game(Console Or PC)(Paid games)

<< < (4/5) > >>

bigbaldben:

--- Quote from: Allama on August 25, 2015, 06:49:18 PM ---Recently I played through Limbo and recommend it highly. Visually very simple yet highly atmospheric, it's essentially a puzzle game that takes place in a gloomy and foreboding environment. Some of the theories I've heard about the sparse-yet-elegant story's true setting and meaning are fascinating.

--- End quote ---

I have read some of those theories as well.  I'm tempted, but every single time I bite on a 2-D side scroller I regret it. 

Currently, I'm playing Battlefield 4 (usually right after work - "I just wanna kill some motherf*ckers on [Playstation]" - ICE T), Rocket League, some baseball game & the Witcher III.

bigbaldben:

--- Quote from: Delfos on August 25, 2015, 08:47:21 PM ---btw emoticon goddess, we need a thumbs up icon :D

--- End quote ---

You can grab this one Allama, if you want. 

Allama:

--- Quote from: bigbaldben on August 25, 2015, 08:49:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Delfos on August 25, 2015, 08:47:21 PM ---btw emoticon goddess, we need a thumbs up icon :D

--- End quote ---

You can grab this one Allama, if you want. 

--- End quote ---

Well ain't you just Johnny on-the-spot! Done and done. :thumbsup:

bigbaldben:
Aargh, Limbo is free for Playstation Plus members this month. 

Allama:
Though I've been getting a lot of free games through Xbox Live Gold lately, I actually paid for Limbo. No regrets! If it's free, you may as well give it a shot. :D

Now I've begun "Life Is Strange". 3 out of the first 4 episodes downloaded/complete, with the 5th and final to be released soon. To be fair, the lip sync is terrible and I always hate relying on autosave checkpoints (I want to save and quit whenever I please thankyouverymuch). Everything else about the game is excellent, though. This is among the most engrossing titles I've picked up in 2015, perhaps topping the list. We'll see how I like Parts 4 & 5 before settling it up there, though.

Being able to rewind time and change your most recent decisions is a fun mechanic, especially in a game that's focused so heavily on telling a story. The actions you take actually matter, as opposed to so many titles that have promised this before yet failed to design the choices in such a way that they make a noticeable impact. Plus the characters feel like actual human beings with realistic, varied emotional responses. I'm nothing if not a sucker for believable, relatable people in games (especially regarding female characters).

Max and Chloe are enjoyable to watch together. I really hope everything works out for the best between them! Oh, and also that their entire town doesn't get destroyed or whatever. :skull:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version