Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The counter-revolution will soon be as dead as the Q Society!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Sept 03 2012  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Sept 03 2012
« on: September 04, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis De Societate of The United Defenders League,

Whoo Labor Day! 

In other news, this week (September First, to be exact) marks the date on which The United Defenders League went public for the first time, last year. We were private and only running limited operations up until then.

Hey, if it’s Labor Day? Why am I still laboring… ah frigg it, keep spotting! Our thoughts exactly as defenders watched update today, waiting to pounce on an invasion -- and pounce we did! Scoring a successful defense against The Cat Burglars in Targa (shout goes out to Frattastan for helping!). Dunno about our tongues, but they certainly had our attention. There was some controversy internally about one of our members not contacted us about participating in The Cat Burglars, raising concerns regarding member-ship overlap between the Greenwood Band and it’s a-mewsss-ing raider acquaintances. Rest assured, The United Defenders League will have a Chiefs of Staff meeting soon to discuss the organization’s options and figure out how to, hrrmm, declaw the issue.

Speaking of Labor Day, shame on you Libertatem! Karl Marx would be very disappointed!! I speak, of course, of the recent raid by said group against the region, Marxism. Fortunately, a liberation by the gang with some help from Frattastan and our friends in the North Pacific Army and the Medjai Guard, freed the region. We’ve issued this military ribbon to all the participants of the liberation:

We’ve also done liberations this week in Borg Collective against... by gawd, Dear Star (CROSSOVER!!), in addition to liberations in IRON AND BLOOD, Aaiam, Groom Lake, The Aison Collaboration, Roma Union and Ether. We also defended Ohio from the Black Riders with the help of TITO.

Furthermore, a shout goes out to Tinis, the delegate of Furry Federation, who received the Order of Danmarkland “for his swift protection of Furry Federation. Natives like Tinis are the reason that defenders keep their head held high”. It makes it much easier to defend a region when a native delegate does the work for us!

<+Taria> Goobergunch -> boogercrunch

Heh, if you’re lucky, you may see Boogercrunch, our Chief of Feeder Affairs, wandering around some of the hallowed halls of the feeders and sinkers this next week or so, since we’ve got some plans for some diplomatic treaties. I’m sure we’ll have a follow-up to this later when a flood of green tights are chased out of the GCR world by pitchfork and torchlight.

<@Earth> Cormac officially joined UDL?
* +Cormac glances out window, sees pigs fluttering off into the sunset.
<+Cormac> Yes I did.  :P
@Unibot> I think our pigs flying through windows moment came when Biyah and Dali joined. xD
<@Earth> Pigs are always flying around in the UDL
<+Biyah> atually, where do you think the bacon I presented from UDL came from?
<@Unibot> Biyah was just following dem flying bacon strips.
<@Unibot> hhhhhhhmmmmmm bacon.
* @Earth snickers
<@Unibot> Dahmmit, now I feel like a baconator.
<+Cormac> Yeah you guys can stop talking about food anytime now, making me hungry.  :P
<@Earth> ewww, Uni. :p
* +Biyah puts Uni in a closet to smoke for a while
<+Biyah> Canadian bacon!
<@Unibot> Peameal :(

Ah, the sweet sound of hazing! Our organization says hello to its new members, Farfadillis, The Lower Realm, Vakolic, Castille de Italia, McKnightia, Virana and Cormac Stark, the latter of which is fresh off his retirement from raiding and already making a lot of new friends in the Greenwood Band. Our recruitment challenge is going strong with me only six recruits away from earning my fifth golden star and the ceremonial knighthood and pomp thereof; ABK, our Chief of Orientation, was recently recruiting to try to challenge me.

For these valiant efforts, ABK walked away with the Recruiter Award at the UDL’s Monthly Awards, which were announced recently. Congratulations to all the recipients!

Alright, so I’ve saved the last part of our update for the most important part. As many of you are likely aware: just past this week, the forums of Grand Central, Ravenstadt and Markarth were destroyed. An informative public thread on the subject is available here. As an organization, we do not associate with, nor condone forum destruction since it is a senseless obliteration of communities’ homes, cultures and history. One member of The Ascendancy, Gerzam was implicated with the forum destruction of Ravenstadt and thus, The United Defenders League has suspended its embassy with The Ascendancy due to a lack of “real initiative taken by the administration of The Ascendancy to get to the bottom of this horrible tragedy. That is, de facto, the behavior of a forum destruction haven regardless of whether Gerzam actually conducted the forum destruction or not”. There is an ongoing drafting effort by Cormac Stark, one of our merrymen, in the World Assembly Security Council to condemn The Ascendancy for its history as a forum destruction haven.

We stand in solidarity to grieve these unfortunate tragedies.

Finally, our Movie Night will take place on Sunday, September 9th at 9:00 EDT at #udl (on Espernet). No idea what we’ll be watching yet but I'm sure it will be enjoyable.

And of course, your Moment of Zens:

<The_Lower_Realm> Friartuck is a bot? D:
<The_Lower_Realm> Well, it explains why he never spoke to me. I thought he just didn't like me.

And this.. just … yeah.

Offline Letonna

• Citizen
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Sept 03 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »
YOLO

Offline McMasterdonia

Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Sept 03 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
 :wb:

*hugs Unibot*

Thanks for the Update.