Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Socioendangerment levels run from one to sixteen. Cooperation with mandatory sentencing from the Citoyen-Mediator may result in decreased rehabilitation length.

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Nov 05 2011  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Nov 05 2011
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

First news of the week is the promotion of Ballotonia and Eluvatar to the rank of Lieutenant, this places them above the grunts, but beneath the self-important pencil-pushers like me. Congratulations to both of these soldiers, these promotions were well-deserved and I cannot stress enough how much effort they’ve been putting into the United Defenders League. Ballotonia joined our group asking to work as a grunt regardless of his extensive history as a defender; he’s demonstrated his commitment, expertise and leadership in every way, so much so that my Lieutenant and I felt it would be absolutely absurd not to promote him to Lieutenant. Eluvatar first got involved with the United Defenders League after I helped him refound Taijitu, but his assistance in the United Defenders League has been way beyond expectations, he’s helped out with admin duties, building some new equipment, has been fulfilling his duties as Chief of Intelligence diligently and has even taken on the duties of Chief Lieutenant while Spartz has been away on vacation. Seriously, the United Defenders League would not be what it is today without these two individuals and I know that the organization really appreciates all of the time and effort they’ve been putting into the United Defenders League. Keep it up guys.

Unfortunately, the other offers for promotion to Lieutenant were rejected, namely Frattastan, Arch-Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance and Tramiar, General of The Black Hawks. I haven't the foggiest clue why…

I'd like to announce that the United Defenders League has a new policy to help resuscitate defender unity; it’s occurred to us that our fellow defenders are making the same sort of sacrifices as we are and so we should keep the badmouthing of other defender organizations private. ADN can suck my blue and white tripartite! Oops, sorry, it’s habitual. Maybe I have Tourett—Yo Group’s so fat, the only thing you defend is the existence of Jenny Craig. Alright, I have a problem. What's next thing on the agenda to discuss?

I'm happy to say on a personal note, Harmoneia and I are getting NS married; we're waiting on my best man to return from vacation to determine a date for the wedding.

On to a gloomier subject: the situation in Anarchy is worsening, but I appreciate how strong and resilient the native community has been in Anarchy and the United Defenders League wants them to know that their hope is not in vain. Lone Wolves United has been motioning for the destruction of the region, gathering help from Nazi groups and ejecting and banning natives. Our prearranged attempt to liberate Anarchy unfortunately hit a snag: the server suffered from lag, it took many of us twenty seconds or more to move into the region.  Certainly a frustrating series of events, but it is our duty to persevere.  However, we have had some great successes in the past week, we defended Rohan and Ireland simultaneously (joint FRA Missions) and liberated Rome, United Defense Directorate and Lake ilopango as of last night. Congratulations goes to Goobergunchia, who performed as the lead in a liberation for the first time in a while, he seemed happy about this.

Finally our Movie Night was good fun, some of the commentary of “Robin Hood” lead to some entertaining comments as we relieved our childhood:

<+Oliver> "Kissing girls? That's so gay!"

[…]

<+Oliver> I'm just waiting for the creepy, bass-themed music to start...
<@Eluvatar> eep
<+Earth> it's...so cute

[…]

<@Unibot> This movie so appropriate for the Tea Party movement.
<+Embolalia> haha
<@Eluvatar> Except for stealing from the rich
<@Eluvatar> to give to the poor
<@Unibot> I love how the narrator is a southern person too.
<+Embolalia> ^

[…]

<@Unibot> But otherwise I'd say thanks for coming out [to Movie Night].
<harmoneia> you all came out?
<harmoneia> aww homo party!!

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:04:23 PM by Unibot »

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Nov 05 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »
Congratulations Elu!

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
EXTRA

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

ANARCHY HAS BEEN LIBERATED BY THE UNITED DEFENDERS LEAGUE! Thirteen Merrymen and a FRA Ranger entered Anarchy on Tuesday, November 8; Evil Wolf ejected six before update began in Anarchy… but it was not enough... he needed to eject seven. Ultimately, Lone Wolves United and their Nazi and Fascist brethren were narrowly defeated 23 to 22 endorsers. We wish Anarchy a quick and steady recovery.

To commemorate the liberation, The UDL is awarding those who served in any of the four attempts to liberate Anarchy with a special ribbon, variations include:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:07:59 PM by Unibot »

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »
I gave my life for this. Never forget ಥ___ಥ

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:52 AM »
NEVER FORGET :D

(click to show/hide)