Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let this region resound with the song of the Kitten Paw Happy-time, and be permeated with the smell of catnip and pine!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Nov 24 2011  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Nov 24 2011
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

The United Defenders League has been particular busy these past few weeks although just recently an incident in Balder shocked NationStates and so I will begin this statement, reviewing the situation in Balder. I believe Balder is planning to provide the story in even fuller depth, so instead I would read this account as the perspective of the Balder incident from a Merryman in The United Defenders League.

On Nov. 21, the United Defenders League’s leadership was informed of a very unfortunate conspiracy. The Delegate of Balder Luxembourg hacked his Vice Delegate’s email and tried to get control of the root admin of the Balder forum. We all can only speculate what nefariousness, Luxembourg had planned for Balder – it was nonetheless a radical departure from Luxembourg’s usual populist character. Luxembourg was unsuccessful at controlling the root admin account, but was successful at hacking his Vice Delegate’s email.

Balder’s Committee of Public Safety in an emergency discussion, organized a liberation of Balder from its rogue delegate. Branching out to various military organizations including The United Defenders League. The plan was to liberate Balder by endorsing Fotar, Balder’s Vice Delegate, but the margin between him and Luxembourg was so high that the Committee of Public Safety opted to wait to liberate till the next update, so that an efficient un-endorsement campaign could run against Luxembourg.

On Nov. 22’s minor update, Luxembourg became too suspicious or knew we were on to him after finding out Fotar’s NationStates email account had been changed; Luxembourg ejected and banned Fotar – if he had ejected and banned Fotar five minutes sooner, Fotar would have updated in The Rejected Realms thereby destabilizing Balder greatly, however because Fotar escaped update, he maintained his thirty-some endorsements in Balder, although banned. Luxembourg quickly established his tyranny; he removed the links to the forum in the WFE, changed the flag, suppressed dissent, enforced an endo-cap of five and added a “totalitarian” tag to Balder.  But after ejecting Fotar and Robin Hood, his Regional Influence was greatly severed; like a wounded animal, he withered and sought the end.  He eccentrically declared that the first person to telegram him would receive the password to his nations – I, Unibot, telegrammed him first and received the nations: Botswana, Mozambique and yes, Luxembourg. By then, Luxembourg had resigned from the World Assembly and I was able to assume control of Balder’s delegacy to restore Balder to some degree.

I’m happy to report that because Fotar did not update and lose his endorsements, last night on Nov. 23’s major update, Balder was able to perform a safe and unchallenged rise to the delegacy with Fotar, the new delegate of Balder. As I said in the World Factbook Entry of Balder, this was all a series of unfortunate events but perhaps this event demonstrates the resilience of the Balder community.

In other news, we’ve promoted Hileville to Chief of Recruitment; Hileville was previously our Associate Chief of Recruitment and a Merryman and has been doing a wonderful job in The South Pacific where he is the Chair of the Assembly. Good luck Hile! Additionally, Goobergunchia, Merryman and Chief Executive of The Native Rights Watch, got his own sort of promotion… but this one from NationStates’ Adminship! Goobergunchia is a shiny new forum moderator in NationStates! Congratulations to Goober, although, I’m going to miss not ranting at him.  

Um... what’s next on the list? Oh yes, we’ve opened embassies with the Founderless Regions Alliance and we’re discussing the formation of a Convention on Defender Solidarity to promote similar principles and cooperation. I’ll keep you updated on that project, but I have high expectations. On a darker note, the situation has worsened in North Atlantic, where troops from The New Inquisition, Europeia and others have hoarded over a small community; recently, a native was banjected from the region for not complying with the raider’s “martial law”.  We’re monitoring the situation closely and hope some solace can be brought to the natives of North Atlantic. On a happier note, The United Defenders League has been running around doing deeds across NationStates; defences in Alliance of Communist States, LOL Doomed, The Greater Soviet Union, The Glorious Empire of Belka, Pact of Steel and .. Islam. Again. Will people just stop attacking Islam? It got old around the Thirteenth century. Just saying.

And to conclude this update: UDL’s Movie Night is happening December 3rd 2011. The movie will be decided by our members; so far it's close race between “A Knight’s Tale” and “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” with “A Knight’s Tale” in a narrow lead.

And your Moment of Zen,

<@Bunnicula> my very presence makes milograd quake in fear
<@Spartz> scaredy-cat
<@Bunnicula> puddy cat
* @Unibot purrs.
<@Spartz> Unicat
* @Unibot jumps into Bunni's lap.
<+Jamie> Unicat!
<@Bunnicula> :D
* @Bunnicula pets unibot
* @Unibot purrrrrs.
<@Eluvatar> O_O
* @Unibot licks his paw.
<@harmoneia> why is my husband on someone else's lap?
* @Unibot hisses at Bunni and scampers into Harmie's lap.
<@Mahaj> lol
* @Unibot meows.
<+Jamie> rabid cat!

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:14:25 AM by Eluvatar »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Nov 24 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:17:47 AM »
Interesting.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hileville

• Foreign Dignitary
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »
I have heard good things about that Hileville guy!  :clap:

Delegate of The South Pacific | Lawspeaker of Balder | Attorney General of Osiris

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:12:47 AM »
Oh indeed!

(click to show/hide)