Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Long live the Glorious Revolution!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Feb 03 2012  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Feb 03 2012
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

Our eyes and our hearts are have been possessed by Belgium; in the past week, we saw a large foreign hindrance to that community develop internally. Raiders seized the region in large numbers. We have felt the struggles and the frustration of the Belgians. We had thought of strategy, we dreamt of resolution.  

I had written this great speech to go here because when I had written it, Belgium was still occupied and we were preparing for a liberation in a week’s time. As of late night, the Belgium occupation was over; raiders used a cliché technique to take the Rejected Realms briefly for twelve hours before being overwhelmed by forces from TITO, UDL, RRA and the FRA. Nonetheless, I’ll keep the speech lying around since it will apply to us again in the near future, if it be a week from now, or two weeks. This is the time to recruit, this is the time to learn and prepare. Charles Darwin said that "it is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

*excuse me*  >_>

1 minute ago: Unibot II was commended by Security Council Resolution # 78.

<_<

The commendation is indeed a great honor. I’ve had the opportunity to commend some amazing players like The Cat-Tribe and Commerce Heights and have had the opportunity to get know some other amazing players like A Mean Old Man, Ballotonia, Goobergunchia, Kandarin, Naivetry and Todd McCloud who are all in the commendation “clubbie”. I wouldn’t have written the commendations I have if I didn’t think it was one of the biggest honours that the NationStates community could bestow on a player. So, this is a really pleasant surprise; thank you.  

On the subject of our administration, this past week we’ve had some great new members join us. Just to drop some names: Rhodmhire, Gidetisms, Auremena and Neo Arcad may ring a bell from the generalite and F7 crowd, Saugeais and Burchadinger from the NS-Sports crowd, Nullarni and Lowell Leber from the New Warsaw Pact. From the roleplay community, we’re honoured to welcome New Azura from Gholgoth, Praetonia from Haven, In addition to New Emperica, YellowApple, Libaries and Rastynhaven. I’m also very happy to invite LadyRebels back to the battlefield; she’s been lightening up the mood around the place and working very hard. LadyRebels, of course, is a former delegate of The South Pacific and a former prominent member of the Atlantic Alliance, one of the most famous invader organizations in NS History. So we’re very happy and very fortunate to have her join our team.

Finally, last update, I announced that our organization was in need of a new Chief Lieutenant as Spartzerium, our past Chief Lieutenant is transitioning out of the League to join the Black Hawks. It’s my pleasure to announce that Carta (also known as Milograd) will be The United Defenders League’s new Chief Lieutenant.  When I was creating The United Defenders League --not many people know this-- but it was actually Carta who designed our organization’s symbol. I asked for a design which would become iconic and I thought he had nailed it at the time and still do.  The task of the Chief Lieutenant is often to keep the forum tidy and looking nice and act as my confidant and consultant; like Spartz, Carta has a heart of gold and a subtle wisdom that will serve him well in this capacity.

Oh and Movie Night: Saturday, Feb 4th 20:00 EST. No idea what we’re watching, but I’ll figure it out. Come join us on the night; we’ll be opening up our military channel (#udl on Espernet) to the public as usual.

And your Moments of Zen to make up for the admittedly crappy one last update,

<Riemstagrad> we're just chatting Unibot
<Ballotonia> Spotting, Riemst. It's called spotting.
<Blaat|learning> like that movie... raidspotting... where a bunch of scottish drug addicts do stuff.

<@Unibot> According to Europeia's voting thread, I'm a misogynist, rules-breaking fenda with a "dark side".
<@Milograd> unibot is jack bauer

<+Sanctaria> "did we do a minor today?"
<@Mahaj> lol
<@Mahaj> i'm a minor...
<@Mahaj> this might not be that bad ;)

<@Unibot> "The All Things Must Pass of Unibot II" <-- this pre-title was classier when I was grieving the retirement of Spartz more so than when my commendation is up to vote. >_>
<@Ballotonia> :D
* @Ballotonia had not noticed that yet
<@Milograd> looooooool @ unibot
<@Milograd> YOU SHALL NOT PASS D:<

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:40:01 AM by Unibot »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org