Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The counter-revolution will soon be as dead as the Q Society!

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 04 2011  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 04 2011
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:07:14 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

I know it’s only been a few days since I’ve last sent out an update, but I wanted to remind everyone that the United Defenders League’s Movie Night will happen at 8:00 PM EST on Saturday, January 7 2012. We will be watching A Knight’s Tale; so everyone with a soft gooey spot in their heart for a young handsome Heath Ledger should come out to watch erm... the jousting scenes… yeah, that.  As always we will open our IRC channel, #udl on Espernet, for the public so everyone who wants to attend can watch the movie. 

Anyways, these past few days have been busy for the staff. We’ve conducted a liberation of OMBS from the Black Hawks; successfully defended Atrosia Isles,  The Roman Empire of Independent States, Athos, Corporate Profit Alliance, West Africa, The Middle East and liberated Communist Europe, The United Commonwealth of Nations, The Republican Federation, Classically Liberal Communitarians, Shoelace, The United Earth Federation and Antioch. During our liberation of Christmas, according to the popular Children’s book, “How the United Defenders League saved Christmas!” we all flew a funky Christmas flag which I might resurrect in the future:

We also did a very nice little liberation of The Republican Federation recently. In the span of three seconds, this occurred:

Seconds ago: The Fiefdom of Green Kitties replaced The Hilarious Manipulation of Uruguaya as WA Delegate.
Seconds ago: The United Kingdom of Vanium arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.
Seconds ago: The Republic of Fire arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.
Seconds ago: The Republic of Sixth Times the Charm arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.
Seconds ago: The Fiefdom of Green Kitties arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.
Seconds ago: The Republic of The Lone Miracle arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.
Seconds ago: The Final Nation of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.
Seconds ago: The Republic of Scrumptious Silver Steps arrived from TransMcElligot Pool.

As you can imagine, daddy was proud. A big shout out goes to United Kingdom, who had several of their soldiers attend that liberation to get some more experience running a professional liberation;  I hope they had fun and learnt a thing or two.  They’re welcome anytime to join us on future missions; the way I see it: the more defenders, the merrier. If someone is reading this and thinks “hey I’d like to get my region involved with defending!”, I’d be more than happy to help your region get an army off the ground and trained, even if your members don’t join the United Defenders League – NationStates could use a few new volunteers to keep it safe and it’s something interesting that a region can do as a community. Just send me a telegram at “Unibot II”.

Also, welcome back Mallorea and Riva! Mall was our newly appoint lieutenant before he left the game for a few months; we’re very happy to have him back and in full defending mode.

That being said, these past few weeks, we’ve been more dealing with unorganized or unprofessional raiding groups and troublemakers mostly because the professional raiders are fortifying their worrying occupation of Stargate.

After being acquainted with these rag-tag raider groups we had some discussion in our ranks over which one we thought was the worst.  Here’s a list of some of the worst raider groups we’ve seen in the past few weeks, but we’d love for you to decide which is the worst!

1. The "Right to Life Army (RTLA)”. These militant anti-abortionists spread their pro-life message against the freedom of the native communities by raiding them to post their pro-life spam. The irony here makes me chuckle. At least I know "Uterus" is safe from a raid from these guys.

Of course, their founder has said the RTLA has been formed for different reasons: to protect “other” pro-life regions and “pressure” regions that harass pro-life regions.  So y’all better watch out, if you speak out against pro-life regions... you might get pressured… oh wait. Now I’m going to get invaded dammit. RAISE THE DEFENCES !

2. “Huckey and his Goon Squad”. Named after one of their members' puppets, "Huckey" which has been used in every single one of their raids thus far... Huckey and his Goon Squad have attempted to raid several regions; /every/…/single/…/time/, Huckey will pretend to be a native. During the UDL's defence of Corporate Profit Alliance, Huckey sent "like i told that other person, unitbot is sending out a bunch of people [to stop your raid]. and i'm gonna condemn yall for raiding" to none other than me, Unibot.

3. "Awesomespaceland". These goons invade foundered regions; adding "We are now a colony of awesomespaceland. Or be invaded by us. Your choice," to their target's WFE. Their team includes such aptly named puppets as "Omg who the faaf cares", "Stirred stirred is that how i say it" and "Dave is Epic". As far as I can see their organization's flag is the default flag.

Although they may be slowing down on the raiding, since their Minister of Internal Affairs has come out and said:

TransMcElligot Pool is a defender region that defends other region from being raided! Our sources tell us that they have us in the dossier and are watching us, we should stay low for now and just recruit the old fashioned way.

Good plan Awesomespaceland, good plan. If professional raiders drink at the Old Raiding Club, these guys would be underage. 

4. "The Defender Alliance". These fools are rather bizarre. Although they call themselves "defenders"; their track record thus far has been simply colonisations of various regions and raiding and griefing facist regions. They also have a bajillion bases and a region for just about everything .. except defending.

And here’s your Moment of Zen, brought to you by Ballotonia:

2 days ago: The Defensive Shield of Conservator aborted construction of embassies with Right to Life.

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 04 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »
I loled at the RTLA.

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
Note: The embassy that has the most viewers voting "for the Worst" wins a special mentioning in the next UDL update and a prize that is yet to be determined. Most regions are using a poll, but since I obviously can't post a poll here, posts clearly marked as votes in this thread will be counted.

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »
MOVIE NIGHT IN ONE HOUR, ALL ARE WELCOME.

Click above to join our IRC channel, on Espernet which is open to the public for this monthly event. We're watching "A Knight's Tale".

Offline Imzogelmo

• Failure to elect is an election to fail.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:51:06 PM »
I vote for Awesomespaceland. They just seem so inept it makes me laugh.  :trout: