Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Be vigilant: Anticitoyens could be behind any corner.

Author Topic: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 20 2012  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Unibot

• Foreign Dignitary
A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 20 2012
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

On a high-note of every institution must come somewhat divergent notes to closely follow; I will speak of our successes in the end part of the update, but for now I’d like to discuss the rather turbulent past day this has been for The United Defenders League in regards to its leadership.

Our well wishes to Mallorea and Riva, a former Lieutenant, who has unexpectedly decided to switch to the Black Hawks. We all hope that he gets the enjoyable gaming experience and life-changer to which he has been looking forward. He was a great soldier and a dedicated spotter and I’m glad I had the pleasure to help train him all the way from a WA Author to a seasoned soldier.

Shortly after, for different reasons (real life), Harmoneia, one of our beloved lieutenants decided that she ought to retire from NationStates with real life becoming too demanding. It’s been a really great experience having Harmoneia on our staff; of course she was also my wife in our gameplay “marriage”, so I’m going to miss her dearly, but she was also a really strong and positive force in our ranks.  Harmoneia’s job was generally to assist our new players during missions and she did it often with a charming approach from which our newbies always benefited. Of course, Harmoneia’s NationStates career spans way beyond The United Defenders League; she’s served years in Lazarus and Jethnea and in the ADN-Reloaded and the Founderless Regions Alliance of course. 

Lastly, yesterday, Spartzerium, our Chief Lieutenant and good friend has confirmed with me that he’s been participating in raids with the Black Hawks for the past month and has enjoy that experience, so he’ll be phasing out his service with the UDL and switching to the Black Hawks over the next three weeks. Spartzerium has worked long and hard with both the United Defenders League and the Founderless Regions Alliance and has contributed a lot, in the latter as I believe the most accomplished spotter and soldier they’ve ever had and in the former, he’s been our quiet friend whose good-heartedness, knowledge and talents has always made him an excellent and reliable second-in-command and I know his presence –however subtle– will be sorely missed. I invite all defenders to honour Spartz’s choice and his long and contributive career as a defender. I know I will be campaigning for Spartz to be honored with “The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending” in the Founderless Regions Alliance’s Sixth Defender Awards and I encourage others who have appreciated all of Spartz’s contributions over the years to come out and vote.

We also will be co-organizing a “Freaky Friday” night, in three weeks’ time, which will entail UDL officers taking a night off to “raid” somewhere (obviously not in a real native target) with Spartz; raiders from across NationStates will be encouraged to take part in the challenge as the “defenders” In the event (spotting, defending etc.). It’s our way of bringing a nice finale to Spartz’s career as a defender; these next few weeks will be a transition of course as we have to get everything in order for Spartz’s switch: being the admin of our forums, the founder of our main headquarters and someone with a quite a bit of knowledge, there’s obviously a lot of things that need to be resolved and it’s my hope that Spartz can enjoy his last little while as a defender and leave with everything in order.

Obviously these events are going to be an impetus for some more promotions to fill the voids; since our organization is expanding, I had already intended to promote several of these individuals for their dedication, expertise and demonstrations of leadership but now is a fine opportunity too: congratulations to Belschaft, Mahaj and St. George on their new appointments to the position of lieutenant in The United Defenders League.  Belschaft of course, is the former delegate of the South Pacific and has been a defender and a major contributor to the United Defenders League, The Founderless Regions Alliance and the Eastern Islands of Dharma and he also wrote a draft to commend me. Mahaj, is the founder of the South and a well-known WA Author and has been really dedicating himself to the United Defenders League in these past few months since he’s joined, also he wrote a draft to commend me. Last, but definitely least since he didn’t try to commend me is St. George, our lovely drunk roleplayer/defender/F7er who really has picked up the ropes quickly and is just such a colorful and beloved personality.

Now obviously this update has probably been rather gloomy, which seems rather ironic when otherwise our organization has been doing splendid lately. We had two back-to-back successful liberations against Unknown and Lone Wolves United and the Black Riders and a nifty liberation only a few days before that in the Corporate Profit Alliance against Democratium. We’ve also been conducting a recruitment drive between our members and have seen some very lovely new entries like the NS-Sports legend, creator of NSEconomy and commended genius of Commerce Heights; the beloved F7ers:  Nightkill the Emperor, Nude East Ireland and Zeppy ; Former ALL and ADN defender :ninja: and beloved generalite, The Blaatschapen; North Wiedna, Hassett and Alevuss; Maurepas, generalite extraordinaire whose fellow Issue Editors, Luna Amore and Lenyo also have joined; Yelda and Glenn from the WA community and Northrop-Grumman and Wewtlandem have joined us from the roleplay community. I know there are still a lot of members still planning to join us and their memberships are sort of caught up in beaucratic limbo. But nonetheless, I really want to thank these guys and gals for signing up; it’s with volunteers like them that we can keep NationStates safe and free for all native communities.

FINALLY, the conclusion to last update’s survey challenge: The Right to Life Army (RTLA) was voted as the worst raider organization of the past few months (by 21 votes), followed by Awesomespaceland (14 votes) and The Defender Alliance (12 votes). The most active poll in all of the UDL’s embassies was Europeia, so they win their own selection of pro-life t-shirts! Europeia was followed by the Founderless Regions Alliance who will all receive their choice of pro-life keychains. Thanks for everyone who responded!

Oh and our Moment of Zen:
<@Unibot> I need help with the Moment of Zen.
<@Unibot> Anything funny that was said recently?
<+SBI> yeah
<+SBI> "anything funny that was recently"
<@Unibot> Wait...
<@Unibot> You quoted me wrong...

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:13:41 AM by Unibot »

Offline Eluvatar

• Tech Monkey
  • Citizen
  • O_O
    • Taijitu.org
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 20 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
 :'( :shrug:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
Re: A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate -- Jan 20 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
So much sad it seems.