Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The arteries of Taijitu run not with blood, but with kittens!

Author Topic: Re: Taijitu v. Govindia  (Read 15683 times)

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
Re: Re: Taijitu v. Govindia
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2007, 04:34:49 PM »
The behaviour of the MoRS shows that he did not just act because Govindia was a security threat, it was because he came from a feeder that was an active defender.

Does the defence seriously think I would have confirmed the forum restriction of anyone on the grounds they were an active defender?

This thread is only for the defence, prosecution, and the Justices.  Please refrain from posting.  Thank you.

I must second the idea of Durnia's post on this, delicacy of language aside.  This thread has been full of posts by people other than those you listed and you choose to protest when a user who happens to have been directly involved in the banning as the Delegate of the time becomes involved in the discussion.  Flem's post was both relevant and appropriate, while yours assumed more authority than it possessed.  Please refrain from ordering people about.

...when it is in no place for you as a justice to comment on the case when you have recused yourself, by standard ethics.  The three justices have stated that only the prosecution, defence, and those justices involved in the case can post, and no one else.

You say "with all due respect" but then go on to be highly disrespectful.  Durnia may have recused himself, but he is as much a member of this community as you are and has an equal right to express his opinion.  Responding to his comments would be perfectly fine, but you ought not accuse someone of being rude and then be rude yourself.

Also, this is not the trial thread.  Outside input is not disallowed here and I know nothing of "standard ethics" that would mean Durnia should not post here.  Should he have been more polite?  I would definitely say so.  Should he have kept his thoughts to himself?  No.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 04:41:59 PM by Allama »

Offline Govindia

• Banned
    • My Primary LJ
Re: Taijitu v. Govindia
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »
My apologies Madame Justice.  I was under the impression that the restrictions of the trial thread occurred here as well since the trial began.
United States of Arvengovi - Citizenship obtained 8 Aug. 2007!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ambassador to The Exodus (14 Aug. 2007 - 14 Oct. 2007)

Offline Durnia

• Full of Imperial Mattyness
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »
With all due respect, Durnia, there are three justices currently involved in this trial.  If I recall correctly, you recused yourself.  Furthermore,  I object to such flaming language, accusing my DEFENCE team of being inept, when it is in no place for you as a justice to comment on the case when you have recused yourself, by standard ethics.  The three justices have stated that only the prosecution, defence, and those justices involved in the case can post, and no one else.  I do not see what the problem is in that policy to be understood, sir.

Yes, you will show some respect.

As for flaming, I would have thought you would have got used to being called a moron by now; some facts simply cannot be ignored.

As for your "defence", again see above.

I am perfectly within to comment on anything as I see fit, you don't like it? Why not take it to the courts?

As for rudeness, indeed. I am frequently brash, arrogant, and cutting. As for a solution, again see above.
Nobody of importance.

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »
This feels like a breath of fresh air. Could we call this thread "The Judicial Caffe" ?
*sits down and orders a long espresso* I am terribly happy that we have no 'community service' sentences, or else I might see Govindia here, serving the customers, and that might prove dangerous. For their health.
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline Flemingovia

• Official Taijitu Minister of Apathy
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »
Me thunked this was not the trial thread but a comment thread?

I will now entertain you with a mime:

Thank you.

Why the mime? Because we are in the region of Taijitu, the balance of yin and yang. Having produced a post that was relevant and appropriate, I felt the need to produce one that was irrelevant and inappropriate.

Thus the harmony of the universe is restored. No need to thank me.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:01:11 PM by Flemingovia »

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
Gov didn't order anything, he made a request.

THAT is an order.

Why does the link at the bottom of the page that is supposed to take you to page 15 of this topic take you to some OOC topic in the rp forums instead? I had to make a post here to even see what was on this page.

Offline Romanar

« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2007, 09:12:19 PM »
Gov didn't order anything, he made a request.

THAT is an order.

Why does the link at the bottom of the page that is supposed to take you to page 15 of this topic take you to some OOC topic in the rp forums instead? I had to make a post here to even see what was on this page.

Yeah, that is a strange glitch!

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2007, 08:11:33 AM »
We finally agree on something. Odd one, indeed.

*reminds Osamafune that a Judge may order a defendant in his or her Courtroom while having the defendant boss around the Delegate and a Judge looks stupid and disrespectful at best*
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »
*reminds Osamafune that a Judge may order a defendant in his or her Courtroom while having the defendant boss around the Delegate and a Judge looks stupid and disrespectful at best*
Since Durnia recused himself, he shouldn't be in the courtroom anyway :P

And the defendant wasn't bossing around anyone.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2007, 03:07:26 PM »
Since Durnia recused himself, he shouldn't be in the courtroom anyway :P

And the defendant wasn't bossing around anyone.

Durnia may certainly be in the Courtroom as a Justice; he still holds that position whether or not he has been recused from a particular trial.  Also, the restrictions mentioned were only for the trial thread so it matter not what his rank is.

As to bossing, the defendant told someone to stop posting.  He may have used the word "please" but it was not phrased as a request so much as a polite order.  It is over with now and he has apologized, so let us not discuss it further.

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »
I was being sarcastic you know, hence the :P

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »
 :D I was just admiring Osamafune's dedication to his client even outside the trial thread.  :P
Co-Founder of Taijitu

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2007, 03:47:37 PM »
I was being sarcastic you know, hence the :P

Ah, I missed that bit.

Offline Flemingovia

« Reply #223 on: December 25, 2007, 09:31:52 AM »
He claims to have acted by "instinct," instinct which could have clearly been clouded by him not liking Govindia, as Flemingovia also testified too.

Clever work by Osamafune. He implies from my testimony that my banning of Govindia may have been influenced by my dislike of him personally.

However, the defence is (deliberately?) confusing time scales. They asked me why I banned Govindia then and then asked me what is my opinion of Govindia now

Then Osamafune put the two together. hmmmmm.

In fact, as many will tell you, at the time of the banning I was one of those arguing in favour of leniency towards Govindia and had expressed the opinion many times that he was not as bad as several people were making out.

It was only later, after the banning, that I wised up.

Offline Flemingovia

« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2008, 07:03:51 PM »
After hundreds of posts, weeks of debate, a judicial decision and even potential spin-off miniseries, I am amazed that this is still dragging out. As Cary Grant once said in a movie, "sometimes you just need to take your licks like a man."

Govindia and his team would gain much respect in my eyes if they just took it on the chin rather than running round complaining like this.