Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Be vigilant: Anticitoyens could be behind any corner.

Author Topic: Re: Taijitu v. Govindia  (Read 15639 times)

Offline Salty

• Matt
Re: Taijitu v. Govindia
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 02:30:36 AM »
Children, children... come now. I'm sure the justices would love it if we stop pirating their forum with useless posts.

Offline Solnath

• Solus Victor
  • Pamfu desu!
Re: Re: Taijitu v. Govindia
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 03:51:44 AM »
I AGREE!
Neutral Evil

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
My post wasn't useless.

Offline Durnia

• Full of Imperial Mattyness
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »
Delfos, get out of the Supreme Court subforums now.

Using a big font does not enhance your opinion, whatever you may think.
Nobody of importance.

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »
Getting back on track with this, Govindia is saying that he personally would prefer for the trial to take place on the forums.

He is also still as far as I know asking for Durnia to recuse himself as a Justice from the trial.

Offline Durnia

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 10:36:37 PM »
Govindia is saying that he personally would prefer for the trial to take place on the forums.

It is not for him to dictate terms.
Nobody of importance.

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »
Actually, seeing as how I'm unable to connect to the Tai IRC webclient (weird, isn't it) having part of the trial on the forums might not be a bad idea.

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Tacolicious

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Tacoman
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 05:54:18 AM »
Govindia is saying that he personally would prefer for the trial to take place on the forums.

It is not for him to dictate terms.

11. The Supreme Court shall consist of no less than three Justices. Should a Justice be either the Prosecutor or the Defender or otherwise be significantly biased in a case, they shall recuse themselves during the trial from their role as Justice, and the remaining Justices shall select as many additional impartial panel members as are necessary to fulfill the requirements enumerated herein to serve as interim Justices for the duration of the trial.

The question is, does your history with Govindia provide grounds for a bias to exist? Certainly if the accused feels there is reason that such bias may exist the matter should be considered to keep the trial transparently fair and impartial. I'd ask that you consider this on your own instead of calling a senate review to investiagte your lack of bias in this matter.

Did Govindia mention why he feels this bias may exist Prag?
http://www.nationstates.net/wheresoever

"Reality is an illusion albeit a persistant one"
"Wisest is he who knows he is not wise"
"Nothing is fun when you have to do it, that's why you don't see a lot of old whores giggling over sex"

Delicious Comrade of the most Awesome Party

Offline Eientei

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:46 AM »
A lot of things have been said in the IRC channel that might give Gov that impression.  If the trial is conducted on the forum, out in the open, I think there would be much less doubt regarding the legitimacy of the ruling in the end, but that's for you justices to decide.

Offline Govindia

• Banned
    • My Primary LJ
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 06:45:28 PM »
Since I can only post in the SC and nowhere else, I'll say what I have to say here.

I asked, through Pragmia, that Durnia recuse himself, because his personal opinions of me, as he's shown in IRC, have made me conclude that he cannot be impartial and fair, and would be biased towards me in any regard.  His recent actions in TNP also have made it more clear of a conflict of interest.

I believe I have the right to request how I want the trial conducted.  If its on the forum, it's out in the open, and I want it that way.  Not to mention that I do not have access to IRC at work, where I have limited access as it already is.  I do not have access to IRC at home until I get Internet is installed, and that is dependent on the availability of the local techs here in my state. 

Forcing it in IRC would not make it open, as not everyone has the ability to get on IRC (as in the case of myself).
United States of Arvengovi - Citizenship obtained 8 Aug. 2007!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ambassador to The Exodus (14 Aug. 2007 - 14 Oct. 2007)

Offline Durnia

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 08:09:55 PM »
His recent actions in TNP also have made it more clear of a conflict of interest.

I think my efficient, quick and effective distribution of justice in The North Pacific right now, shows my skills as a Supreme Court Judge actually.
Nobody of importance.

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 08:51:52 PM »
Care to explain?  ???

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
Okay, there's been a petition for a Justice to recuse, and that Justice has refused to recuse.  This means that the other Justices now must decide whether or not to force a recusal.  I cite the Judiciary Act:

12. Either side in the trial may object to the selection of an interim Justice or a Justice's failure to recuse themselves and the remaining Justices may then by a two thirds vote remove or force the recusal of that Justice.

Eluvatar, Khablan, Durnia, to the Back Room and the IRC channel, if you please.

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Durnia

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
I have recused myself from the case.
Nobody of importance.

Offline Govindia

• Banned
    • My Primary LJ
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 05:35:22 PM »
I was under the impression Khablan would not be sitting on this case as a justice since she was confirmed only after the docket was brought to court?

If that is not the case, than I request, through Pragmia, that Khablan also recuse herself from this case, and that justices that are viewed by BOTH sides as fair and impartial are temporarily appointed to replace both.
United States of Arvengovi - Citizenship obtained 8 Aug. 2007!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ambassador to The Exodus (14 Aug. 2007 - 14 Oct. 2007)