Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen priority warning: Not reporting counter-revolutionary activities is conspiracy to commit counter-revolution under the Anticivil Activities Act. Penalties go up to and include permanent Ecclesiastical explusion.

Author Topic: The Taijitu Map Revisited  (Read 44908 times)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Re: The Taijitu Map Revisited
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2007, 12:45:16 AM »
he means large difference between rich and poor, poverty, hunger and things like that, also uncontrolled areas that means it's open to corruption and other kinds

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2007, 02:03:46 AM »
If you want a good example on how to RP a large population, look at St. Oz's pre-reboot RPs.  If you would prefer to just read a list of bullet points:
  • Countries with large populations usually have a large degree of income inequality.  But you knew that.  The effects of this include: class conflict (yay!), dictatorial and/or coercive government, poor quality public services (hey, anything's bound to decline when a hundred thousand people pass through each day), and bad teeth.
  • Countries with large populations tend to have large conscript armies.  The effects of this include: resentment among the population, a slump in military morale and effectiveness, and a propensity to bully nations with smaller armies.
  • Countries with large populations tend to be technologically deficient.  This is not to say that you can't have good tech, but most of your population won't have access to it.  Look at China.
  • Countries with large populations tend to be unsanitary.  The same problem here as the public services.  This will not only impact your people's health, but will discourage tourism.

ProP Spokesperson

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2007, 09:29:11 PM »
How do large nations tend to have conscripts in their armies?

Offline Bender1968

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2007, 02:12:59 AM »
Osafune, that's easy enough to answer.  Instead of having unemployment, you draft them into the army.  The biggest reason India doesn't have the army China has, is there are too many diverse cultures and you can't communicate with them.  While China does have many different dialects, the written language is them same.   

Offline Osamafune

• Myminicity
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »
Well since we're trying to get things as real as possible here... The three largest populated nations in the world: China, India, the US, all have volunteer armies. China has a population of over 1 bill, and I believe only one of us here does, that means G-C's comment about countries with large populations having mostly conscripts does NOT stand. Most countries have laws that allow them to draft people, but that's usually reserved for war or when tensions are high and it looks like there's going to be one.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2007, 02:41:10 AM »
Map is locked until I gain my rights

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
Map Unlocked for new Rules...

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2007, 05:20:06 PM »
If you can find both of the two messages in my Map I'll give ya 25 Tai ^_^

Winner:

Nihilum means it's not really existing yet but it's pre-existing borders that Oz didn't want to erase.

What messages?

Offline Utaia

• Utaia
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2007, 07:15:24 PM »
1. Population: 760,000,000  (i dont really get what to do with the population but tell me if i need to change it)

2. Ethnicity: American/European

3. Preferred Climate/Geography: Hilly plains, mountainous areas, temperate forests

4. Agricultural Society, Urbanized Society, In-between, Raw Resource Society. (basically it will determine the size of your nation and whatever you choose is what you get, no switching from Agricultural to Urbanized so you get more land... Any notions of this will result in immediate removal from map): In between

5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map."

6. Any other comments you want me to know: I want either an island(s) or anything by the coast will be fine

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »
If you can find both of the two messages in my Map I'll give ya 25 Tai ^_^

Winner:

Nihilum means it's not really existing yet but it's pre-existing borders that Oz didn't want to erase.

What messages?

you have to find it.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
1. Population: 760,000,000  (i dont really get what to do with the population but tell me if i need to change it)

2. Ethnicity: American/European

3. Preferred Climate/Geography: Hilly plains, mountainous areas, temperate forests

4. Agricultural Society, Urbanized Society, In-between, Raw Resource Society. (basically it will determine the size of your nation and whatever you choose is what you get, no switching from Agricultural to Urbanized so you get more land... Any notions of this will result in immediate removal from map): In between

5. "I promise to participate in National Roleplay and understand that if I do not I will be removed from the map."

6. Any other comments you want me to know: I want either an island(s) or anything by the coast will be fine

Population determines how large your nation is and people would prefer if you RPed the effects of a large nation such as 700,000,000. For a nation without these effects I would say less than 200 million.

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »
update

Offline Union

• Loyalty to Self, Liberty to All
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2007, 12:31:06 AM »
I did some counting, its seems that the total world population of our planet is in excess of 9 billion people. We are clearly very overpopulated and polluted...

"Deception, Intelligence, Method, Execution, and Exploitation."

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • www.something.com
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2007, 02:12:12 AM »
I did some counting, its seems that the total world population of our planet is in excess of 9 billion people. We are clearly very overpopulated and polluted...

Its seems our world will be close to 10 billion soon

Offline Gulliver

• Data Dog
  • Citizen
  • Forsooth, do you grok my jive, me hearties?
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2007, 02:16:39 AM »
Well, that's perfect then. Demographers predict that the population of Earth will level off at 10 billionish.