Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let's promote the adoption of the Revolutionary Calendar to advance the scientific timekeeping of the region!

Author Topic: Daily Poll: Cities  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
Re: Daily Poll: Cities
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »
Leiria is a terrible city, urban chaos lack of strategy and whatnot, I got lost so many times there that I finally figured it out. It's chaotic in so many ways...it has a sense of grandeur that doesn't really exist, it was a damn town not that long ago, it became the capital of the district and it started to expand rapidly. Nouveau rich type of people, etc. It's terrible.

I also hate Vila Franca de Xira, backwards people, and always doing popular festivals and bullfighting and whatnot, it's terrible to have to take the national roads there because traffic always slows like a mofo there. I don't want to go for so many reasons, specially because people are very backwards conservative ... like... Mississippians?

I'm not sure if I disliked any foreign cities. I mean, they are so different...I dislike Platte South Dakota bc my mother-in-law lives there, and it's a tiny place with tiny people. I disliked Kensington (UK) last time I was there but I think it was because I was "forced" to eat a vegetarian meal that tasted like crap.

I really disliked Chicago airport...it was a terrible experience, specially going through customs, fu. But I like Chicago...I think, I gotta stay there a while next time.

I really disliked Cologne airport...it was worse than Chicago, I guess it would be less terrible if I knew any German.

Offline bigbaldben

• The Republic of Megatridimensional Order
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »
Philadelphia "oh yeah I've heard of that city. It's in that comedy show, right?" Pennsylvania.

Yes. Just knowing that show is supposed to be set in Philadelphia makes me hate it.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 12:45:49 AM »
Philadelphia "oh yeah I've heard of that city. It's in that comedy show, right?" Pennsylvania.

Yes. Just knowing that show is supposed to be set in Philadelphia makes me hate it.
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzaVd6zl2bA[/yt]

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Udluzechitlan

• Unity Is Survival
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 12:49:12 AM »
San Francisco, CA.

A city literally pricing itself out of existence, throwing out everyone and everything in favor of absurd rents and insane land ownership laws.

Offline AwesomeSaucer

• Citizen
  • Anyone who's Google's friend is my friend!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 01:26:51 AM »
So... the answer's Philadelphia?
--
Sincerely,

Former Citizen-Liaison of Taijitu,

Evan C.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »

Hahaha, I was going to guess Philly* as well. XD It's extremely gross and its denizens are overall a bunch of nasty, rude motherfuckers. Can't blame you at all for your hatred!

(click to show/hide)

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 08:44:27 PM »
So... the answer's Philadelphia?

So very much...

Hahaha, I was going to guess Philly* as well. XD It's extremely gross and its denizens are overall a bunch of nasty, rude motherfuckers. Can't blame you at all for your hatred!

(click to show/hide)

When my wife and I decided to move back to the Northeast, I, for real, actually prayed to God and said "man, I will go anywhere you want me to go, but please, for the love of all that is holy, don't let me end up in Philadelphia."

We lived there for about five years.   :idk:

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 09:09:56 PM »
Philly isnt that bad >_>

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 09:28:08 PM »
Philly isnt that bad >_>

The Onion and I respectfully disagree, sir!!!

http://www.theonion.com/article/horrified-pope-calls-philadelphia-humanitys-greate-51398
Horrified Pope Calls Philadelphia Humanity’s Greatest Sin Against God

PHILADELPHIA—Visibly aghast as he took the pulpit at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Philadelphia to deliver a sermon Saturday, a horrified Pope Francis reportedly referred to the city as a “blighted abomination, forsaken by Heaven” and “humanity’s greatest sin against God.” “In my travels, I have seen countless examples of man’s inhumanity toward his fellow man, the most utter wretchedness, and the vilest iniquity, but in this place and in these people I see a darkness blacker than all the world’s evils. God has fled this town,” said the ashen-faced pontiff, recoiling in disgust from the assembled crowd while describing the Philadelphia metro area as “the only corner of Creation where the light of the Lord does not shine.” “The love of Christ falls upon us all, even the lowliest of the low—but not Philadelphia. Touch me not, for you are the unholiest of all that is unholy. I can offer no blessings here, where all that is, and all who are, are an affront to God.” After concluding his prepared remarks, the pope reportedly led the congregation in a prayer for God to rain cleansing fire and brimstone over the city and then salt the smoldering Earth so that no wickedness could ever again arise in its place.

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 09:31:12 PM »
Hahahaha BBB that is fucking gold!  :thumbsup:

Philly can be nice if you go straight to one of the not-horrible neighborhoods and don't roam around. As soon as you dig into the city's general character, however... *shudders*

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 09:38:26 PM »
Philly can be nice if you go straight to one of the not-horrible neighborhoods and don't roam around. As soon as you dig into the city's general character, however... *shudders*

If I were a politician, I would say "now I'm not saying I hate all the people there - my wife is from there, for goodness  sake - I just dislike a really vocal and visible majority that are belligerent and horrifying.  You know, like 98%.  Not all!"

Offline Dyr Nasad

• Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 09:50:33 PM »
LOL

I obviously dont know the entire city, but I have certainly enjoyed the times I have been there. It is likely true that my view of most locations will not be equal to the views of permanent residents

Offline bigbaldben

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »
LOL

I obviously dont know the entire city, but I have certainly enjoyed the times I have been there. It is likely true that my view of most locations will not be equal to the views of permanent residents

That's actually what I dislike the most - permanent residents swear it's the greatest fucking city on earth.  It's hard to interact with that level of self-delusion.  *smh*

Offline Solclquial

• Citizen
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
I have a slight dislike for Kabankalan, Old Sagay and Escalante, but it's nothing I would burn fisheries for.

"I do not care how brave a president is; I do not care how many medals he may wear. I do not care how well trained his guards may be. If he violates the will of the people, he shall be eliminated." - Ferdinand Marcos