Government of Taijitu > Proposals and Discussion

Judiciary

(1/6) > >>

Gulliver:
I think recent events have shown we really need some formal mechanism for interpreting the law and constitution, i.e. a judiciary. That said, I am unsure what shape it should take. I am wary of having justices who sit around most of the time doing nothing, only being called upon in the occasional exceptional case. But we also want people making decisions like this to be somewhat impartial and knowledgeable.

Khem:
I am unsure if impartiality is attainable but agree that some form of judicial system is necessary.

St Oz:
You sure about a judiciary? The admins do a very good judge dredd deal.

Delfos:

--- Quote from: St Oz on January 04, 2016, 09:35:18 PM ---You sure about a judiciary? The admins do a very good judge dredd deal.

--- End quote ---
:thumbsup:

Wast:
I don't have a problem with appointing judges/justices/lawspeakers (or whatever we call them) that have little to do until a case appears. We could even give the justices some other more mundane duty (like keeping laws updated, or appointing clerks to do that for them because they are lazy and don't want to do it).

Alternately, we could come up with a mechanism by which the other branches can deal with the issue and not bother with a judiciary at all. Is there really a need to have one? What issues have come up that could not be adequately resolved by the rest of the government?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version