Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Let us develop the University into a world-class school, and the centerpiece of Taijituan culture!

Author Topic: December 2014 Citizen-Delegate Debate  (Read 9249 times)

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
  • Contre nous de la tyrannie
Re: December 2014 Citizen-Delegate Debate
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
I am not going to hide the fact that I am a defender, or that I am a Francoist. If I am elected delegate, I am telling you now that I would engage in an aggressive defender policy in my capacities as delegate, as limited as they may be by the construct of this government. I would be working exclusively with our defender friends and would seek closer relations with defender and non-GP regions.

What about our existing alliance with The North Pacific?

Is there any merit to the notion of also being a bridge between "Independent" regions and Defender regions?

I apologize if my response came out in a manner that could be interpreted as me denouncing The North Pacific. I do not plan on changing that, as the historical connections between our two regions transcend these sorts of political divides.

I am not sure about "bridging the divide." I think that has to be done on an individual basis with regions that we consider.

My own questions for the candidates:

What role do you think the Citizen-Delegate has in protecting and promoting Taijitu Worldbuilding? How would you meet it?

How do you envision functioning as the face of the Ecclesia, our government, when you will not always agree with the majority?

I reserve the right to ask more questions, later.

I don't think the Citizen-Delegate has any role in world building. In my opinion, that is more of a role of our community as a collective, especially since it is a core part of what makes up Taijitu.

I think part of working within the Taijitu political system is that sometimes the majority does not agree with you. I have been on both sides of that, and if my opinions do end up being that unpopular then I will have to accept that fact. There's not much else I can say on that topic. :P
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Many trials make manifest
The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.
Many touchstones try the stranger
Many fall, but one remains.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 03:21:15 AM »
Another question for the candidates. Independent regions sometimes that defender regions don't particularly approve of. What approach would you take in regards to maintaining diplomatic relations with independent regions?
Other than The North Pacific, I can't think of an example of this as it relates to Taijitu.
Today's date is: Today is Jocidi, 5 Cielidor AR 5 - Day 1770 of the Glorious Revolution.

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 04:03:39 AM »
Would you as Delegate campaign for greater power for your office? In what areas would you like to see the Delegate take charge? Could you debate the merits of one of our established laws while not necessarily believing said laws are for the best?

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
What do you think of hats?

How would you separate the hats you use in other regions to the hats you use in Taijitu?

Do you prefer a normal tie or a bow tie?
Ur a towel

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
Would you as Delegate campaign for greater power for your office? In what areas would you like to see the Delegate take charge? Could you debate the merits of one of our established laws while not necessarily believing said laws are for the best?
I only ask for more latitudes in a few areas. This includes relatively minor matters of course such as embassy openings.

I don't understand the third question. I don't see why I would be debating for a law that I oppose.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »

How would you separate the hats you use in other regions to the hats you use in Taijitu?

Hats r dum

Bowties 4 lyf

Offline Kardex

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »

I would make sure that anything I did is approved by the Ecclesia and the wish of the majority of voters. I believe the delegate should deal with other world leaders and propose necessary legislation to be voted on by the people. I'm a reformist and if I believe a law is not for the best I will be outspoken about repealing or repairing it.

Offline The Church of Satan

• Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »
Another question for the candidates.

As citizen-delegate, what would be your official opinion with regards to FRA membership? After all, most regions are drawn into the FRA-UIAF conflict whether they like it or not.

Potential clients should PM/Query/Telegram

Offline Kardex

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »

Normal tie for official events, bow tie for parties. I live in the north, if you don't wear a nice knit hat you lose your ears so I'm pro-hat.

Offline McMasterdonia

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 09:21:19 AM »
Okay the second hat question was a serious one.

How do you intend to separate your positions/responsibilities to your position/responsibilities in Taijitu? How will you manage the wearing of the "Different" hats. It is obvious that not all regions each of you have interests that are aligned with Taijitu.
Ur a towel

Offline Khem

• Pha bless you.
  • Citizen
  • OG-Citizen
    • Khem
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
Why should Citizens vote into power those who have the will to power? Do you see the Delegacy as fun? Would you be merely be putting another feather in your hat? Why should I vote for you?

Peoples Confederation of Holy Isles of al'Khem
:tai: Persona :tai: Worldbuilding Guide :tai: Nation of al'Khem :tai:

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »

How do you intend to separate your positions/responsibilities to your position/responsibilities in Taijitu? How will you manage the wearing of the "Different" hats. It is obvious that not all regions each of you have interests that are aligned with Taijitu.
I never really liked the concept of "hats." Maybe it was just the concept of switching hats or whatever. Either way, I never let any of my roles interfere with one another. Typically, I don't even mention them in the other regions, because there is no reason to. For the record, I am the General of the Lazarene Liberation Army and a diplomatic attaché in The Pacific. I don't see any reason why those two should conflict with the delegate's office, outside of the fact that I will occasionally have to act as The Pacific's ambassador to Taijitu.

Offline Funkadelia

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
Why should Citizens vote into power those who have the will to power? Do you see the Delegacy as fun? Would you be merely be putting another feather in your hat? Why should I vote for you?
I'm not sure I understand the first question. I thought the entire point of electing a delegate was electing people into power who have the will to do it. If they didn't have the will, they wouldn't run.

I do see the delegacy as fun. I really enjoy the opportunities that I've had to lead Taijitu in the past, and I take any delegacy I've ever held with the utmost attention and respect, as the office deserves.

I am not the type of person to desire "feathers." I generally have a very low opinion of people who do that. I am very regionalist, and I think that people who do that do not deserve to be in power. I will never do that for any office I ever hold.

You should vote for me because I have the desire and the experience. I have served as the delegate of Taijitu previously, serving two or three terms. I have also been delegate of Lazarus, a considerably large region. I know how to properly be the delegate of a region, and I think that Taijitu will benefit from someone with a lot of experience. I believe Taijitu is at a critical point in its redevelopment where now that Taijitu is a very large and active region, it needs someone to project its image to the rest of the world. I will do that for Taijitu, and we will become a well known and respected region once again.

Offline Delfos

• Citizen
  • Who is Aniane?
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »
I would like to nominate Gulliver the debate moderator.

Offline Kardex

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 11:03:46 PM »

I only have one nation in one region and it is this one in Taijitu so my undivided attention would be given to this one job.