Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: The counter-revolution will soon be as dead as the Q Society!

Author Topic: Taijitu football world cup  (Read 4463 times)

Taijitu football world cup
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:03:01 PM »
yo. anyone interested in competing in a world cup? here's your chance. just sign up here and i'll start when we have enough people. more details will follow
is a lie just the truth uncovered and relinquished.

Re: Taijitu football world cup
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 11:17:32 PM »
OOC: What type of football american or soccer?
We walk not on our legs but on our wills.
-Sufi Proverb

Offline Talmann

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »
OOC: CC, it would help if you had a spot on the map first, unless another nation would like to host?
Music is the key to the heart.

"Once art to me was something far off, unfathomable and unreachable... But I discovered that the real essence of art was not something high up and far off, it was right inside my ordinary daily self. If a musician wants to be a fine artist, he must first become a finer person. A work of art is the expression of a person's whole personality, sensibility, and ability." -Shinichi Suzuki

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 12:03:47 AM »
OOC: Tagiristan, if it's a world cup, it's probably what Americans call "soccer."  In other words, real football.  American football should be called "yardball."

ProP Spokesperson

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »
OOC:  That is a good point G-C.  I hate how america has to be diffrent and use different words than the rest of the world.

IC: King Tarih al-Rashid will hold the tournament in our capital Tagshknet if constant confusion wishes to.
-Sufi Proverb

Myroria-Hanso Corporation

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:11:30 AM »
OOC: Tagiristan, if it's a world cup, it's probably what Americans call "soccer."  In other words, real football.  American football should be called "yardball."

Yardball is good name. Better than crappy old "American football". And I don't see why we can't switch to metric, spell correctly (i.e. British), and use Celcius like the rest of the English-speaking world.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:42 AM »
Yardball is good name. Better than crappy old "American football". And I don't see why we can't switch to metric, spell correctly (i.e. British), and use Celcius like the rest of the English-speaking world.

Amen! why do Americans feel they have to be so diffrent?  it is retarded
-Sufi Proverb

Offline Ryazania

• Resident Hardass
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 12:25:06 AM »
Erm....because we are different? I prefer my favorite sport to be called 'stompshitball' instead of football. Much more badass.
Economic Left/Right: 9.65
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.37

Proud Constitutionalist

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Tyrants from Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control.

Offline Talmann

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 01:22:21 AM »
Agreed, Ryaz. But more like 'kickassball'.
Music is the key to the heart.

"Once art to me was something far off, unfathomable and unreachable... But I discovered that the real essence of art was not something high up and far off, it was right inside my ordinary daily self. If a musician wants to be a fine artist, he must first become a finer person. A work of art is the expression of a person's whole personality, sensibility, and ability." -Shinichi Suzuki

Offline Ryazania

• Resident Hardass
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »
Stompshitandkickassball.
Economic Left/Right: 9.65
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.37

Proud Constitutionalist

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Tyrants from Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control.

Offline Prydania

• The King of Sting
  • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Basically a Sports Show
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 02:22:45 AM »
I'm in :P

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »
i'll join the map when i have enough posts. the tournament will be as the americans call it "soccer". so it will start soon. more info will be posted later
is a lie just the truth uncovered and relinquished.

Offline Varkour

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 10:26:20 AM »
Varkour is ready to kick some ass....

HOME                                                       AWAY

GOALIE
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 01:08:28 PM by The People's Republic of Varkour »

Offline Zimmerwald

• Demon Barber of Taijitu
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 02:12:45 PM »
Gallipoli-China is interested in participating in this World Cup.  Expect our team to arrive when you have announced the tournament's location, and where the teams will be staying.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:15:42 PM by Gallipoli-China »

ProP Spokesperson

Offline St Oz

• Sub-Commandante
  • Citizen-Delegate
  • www.something.com
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 01:57:40 AM »

Known to be the Taijitu's most violent soccer team, these Ozians are taught to play rough and to do whatever means necessary to defeat the other team. These Ozians run in the snow and ice, practice drill over and over again, and compete against each other for desert everyday in a boxing match. Ozia holds the all time record for most players kicked out in one game, the whole team but the goalie.