Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Citoyen reminder: Failure to participate in Daily Poll may result in being found guilty of enjoyment malcompliance.

Author Topic: Newest Foriegn Update  (Read 1002 times)

Offline HEM

• UCR Elitist
Newest Foriegn Update
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:39:08 PM »
[align=center]
[SIZE=10]Weekly Europeian Foreign Update[/u][/SIZE]

Population: 70 Nations
Regional Power: Moderate
UN Delegate: Paleomiz

President: Pineapleboy
Vice-President: NasalivesII
Supreme Chancellor: HEM
Chief Justice: Elections pending
Foreign Secretary: Cordova I
Finance Minister: Lethen
Immigration Minister: Pez201
Grand Admiral: HEM
Deputy Foreign Secretary: Delvetia
Culture Minister: NasalivesII
Provincial General: Vacant[/align]

President and Senatorial Elections
The senate and cabinet were dissolved and elections were called for Aug.25th, 2007.
Four candidates stood for the office of president: NasalivesII, Paleomiz, Pineapleboy and Nlhp.The former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Pineapleboy won the presidency in a landslide victory and NasalivesII came in second and is therefore, the Vice-President. Paleomiz withdrew from the presidential race.

The number of senators in the senate was expanded to 7 from 5 due to a law that was passed before the election and  the following 7 members was came up on top: Lethen, Danoboy, Cordova I, Bolden, Linkin Maximus, Paleomiz, NasalivesII. The other candidates included GovernorGoldfarb and Nlhp. The senate race was very close, with the senator receiving the least number of votes (Bolden) having just one more vote than GovernorGoldfarb and Nlhp.

President Pineapleboy Appoints Cabinent Members
After winning the presidency, President Pineapleboy named members of his cabinet, which is listed above. This term saw a few new members of the full cabinet (not including junior minsters) such as Cordova I and NasalivesII with the rest having been members before.

Europeia's new Delegate
Paleomiz agreed to become the new UN delegate after the old one became inactive and could no longer serve the region effectively. So far, she has been doing a fine job, seeking our input whenever a new UN resolution is put up to a vote and casting a vote according to the will of the majority of citizens.

Deputy Foreign Secretary and new Ambassadors named
Delvetia agreed to stay in cabinet and assist the new Foreign Secretary, Cordova I. The UN delegate, Paleomiz, agreed to become the Europeian ambassador to Norfolk and 01 Eastern Roman Empire and the Vice-President, NasalivesII accepted a post as the Europeian ambassador to Hampshire.

University Expands
The Europeian Republica University has undergone a major expansion in regards to structure, organization and faculty. More classes were added (such as biology, music education, and space exploration) and new professors were hired to teach them (Paleomiz and NasalivesII). The structure of the administration includes a dean now, who is elected by the professors and the university remains a semi-independent entity in Europeia, relying on government funds while at the same time, retaining academic freedom.

Thanks for reading from the Europeian Office of Foreign Affairs
Written by: the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Cordova I
Surpreme Chancellor of Europeia

Offline kor

• Fluffy, Pink Boytoy
  • O HAI THAR!
Re: Newest Foriegn Update
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:33:34 AM »
Thanks for the update HEM! Congrats to all the people who won in your elections! :drunks:

Offline Allama

• LibraryThing
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:55:29 PM »
Yes, indeed: many thanks to HEM!  The University portion was especially interesting... I'll have to check that out more thoroughly on my next visit.  :)

Offline PoD Gunner

• Praefectus praetorio.
  • Citizen
  • Egrota Egrota Egrota!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »
 :drunks:
Co-Founder of Taijitu
Former Delegate of The Lexicon (by mistake), The Rejected Realms (par force) and Taijitu (elected)
*Home of GMT* / www.nationstates.net/nation=red_kagran

Offline HEM

• UCR Elitist
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »
Now if only our code worked perfectly  :shrug:
Surpreme Chancellor of Europeia